Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

UomoCapra

12 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Ah, my young kerbal padawan. Once you get to Rocketscience 301 you will have realized hard work and effort is needed to become a true KSP Jedi.

Are you talking to me? 

I'm not trying to be rude, but I've been here since .13 back in 2012. I feel I've stretched beyond KSP jedi. I am more reaching towards KSP zen, trying to find my perfect KSP inner piece and complete myself before I die, so I can go off and be one with the KSP, and fly alongside Jebediah forever in the KSPs. lol.

2 minutes ago, Rocketscience101 said:

Are you talking to me? 

I'm not trying to be rude, but I've been here since .13 back in 2012. I feel I've stretched beyond KSP jedi. I am more reaching towards KSP zen, trying to find my perfect KSP inner piece and complete myself before I die, so I can go off and be one with the KSP, and fly alongside Jebediah forever in the KSPs. lol.

You put a joke about "101" in your nickname, and he picked it up and ran with it in an attempt to engage with you on the joke. That's all. If you aren't happy with the joke anymore, then maybe it's time to change your nickname.

3 minutes ago, softweir said:

You put a joke about "101" in your nickname, and he picked it up and ran with it in an attempt to engage with you on the joke. That's all. If you aren't happy with the joke anymore, then maybe it's time to change your nickname.

I promptly followed with a joke. I didn't mean for it to sound mean or rude.

I apologize if it came out like that.

Edited by Rocketscience101

I've had enough of all this speculation, so I decided to consult my Crystal Ball of Truth and Wisdom. This is what the ball told me;

There will be a new expansion pack called "KSP: The Search for Life".

With this EP, players will play online. Each instance of a game will produce a different planetary system whereby the online competitors are challenged with being the first to ultimately discover life elsewhere within the system.

The first challenge will be to discover and calculate the orbital pathways of the planets and their respective moons. This is done by scouring the night sky with telescopes which players will have to build and improve. Science points are distributed to the players who make the most discoveries. There could be anywhere between 5 to 12 planets of varying classes.

The next task is to study these planets by sending scientific instruments. Planet x might have liquid water, whereas planet y may have lower surface radiation and planet z has a moon with methane plumes evident in its atmosphere etc. Each of these factors will increase the chances of discovering lifeforms and each player will have to make decisions about what missions should be prioritised to which planet. Some lifeforms may live sub-surface, some may live on the surface within specific biomes, while some may live in the atmosphere. Some lifeforms may be single-celled, some may be multi-cellular and some may even be intelligent!

The first player to bank 10,000 science points wins the game!

13 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Well, yes.  Just saying it should be stated, cos we're not all in Mexico.

Or, in some cases, not in North America at all

Edited by Zaphod12

13 minutes ago, Zaphod12 said:

Or, in some cases, not in North America at all

I'm french and currently hoping that 1.2 release will not happen to late tonight for me... cuz I don't wanna wait 'til tomorrow to take a look ^^

Just now, Airbuse said:

I'm french and currently hoping that 1.2 release will not happen to late tonight for me... cuz I don't wanna wait 'til tomorrow to take a look ^^

I'm German, and already watching the stream, meaning that 1.2 is probably not far away anymore.

You know, I've read that they published the entire mod API for 1.2.  If you then take 1.2 as a stable baseline, there is probably an aftermarket in really well done mods made by the guys who used to work for Squad.  I would pay for MechJeb from the original author.

7 hours ago, tillyd said:

if i went to the bank and said hey gimme a million pound i want to develope a game and sell for £20 im expected to sell about 1 million copys and from the point of release im going to release free unpaid updates ... and hope the sales of the base game are going to continue to allow the funding of the free content ... the bankers going to refuse the loan as that business model isnt sustainable

Pretty sure the bank would refuse the loan more because a stranger just came into the building demanding a million pounds...

they should put up like .18 again to remind everyone just how far everything has come. i remember the strut count needed to be at least 2x the part count. 

still dont understand why mods like module manager, chatterer, texture replacer, texture switcher and multlayered animations are not stock yet. 

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

@UomoCapra What happened to this so-called 'big event'?  Weren't we supposed to be waiting on details for that?

I was wondering this too. I haven't played KSP for a year and discovered last week that the new versions would be released today so it got my interest again.
I understand that although the 11th of October is almost over where I life, it should arrive on 11th the October in Mexico (which probably is midnight here). But I've seen no details so far. Or did I miss a topic?

Edited by Blinkin