Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

UomoCapra

2 minutes ago, Jofe said:

I would like a graphical update at some point, a slight one. Kinda like on this image where some stuff look better, or at least I think, I have that impression.

Looks like diorama with 3D-printed parts ...not sure:confused:

21 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Squad delivered the 1.0 version. As far as they're concerned that's the "full version," everything after that is extra candy. But the game has been out of early access for over a year. In that sense we are entitled to nothing. If they decide to close up shop tomorrow and you angrily demand your money back (after hundreds of hours of playtime, no less) because the product is "unfinished," every court in the world will laugh at you.

What makes you think the game was unfinished when you paid $40 for it? That amount makes it sound you bought it after the 1.0 release, at which point, from an early access point of view, the game was "finished." Surely, new features are still being added and bugs are still being fixed, but what product is ever complete in that respect. 

What law are you quoting, by the way? There's some vague promises made in interviews, but I'd love to see in the EULA where exactly we are ENTITLED to bug fixes 25 years from now. Or tomorrow, for that fact. LAW requires that there is some kind of LEGAL AGREEMENT on the status of those updates. Your first step in filing a suit will be to show that Squad broke that agreement. But there has to be one in the first place...

Just a reminder. Who bought KSP i think up to 0.19 or so on Steam gets all future expansions, dlcs and whatnot for free, because it was advertised like that. Later they changed the text and who bought after that will have to pay for DLC's. But i bet they forgot about that already.

Edited by DocMoriarty

6 minutes ago, Jofe said:

I would like a graphical update at some point, a slight one. Kinda like on this image where some stuff look better, or at least I think, I have that impression.

14570747_1295252167160671_37886519081432

Kunreal Engine 4 or better. My pc couldn't make it happen.

17 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Hey guys, 

Patches and Updates wil remain free of charge. We'd only charge for something that has enough value and, of course, we'd never force anyone to buy a product from us.

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, DocMoriarty said:

Just a reminder. Who bought KSP i think up to 0.19 or so on Steam gets all future expansions, dlcs and whatnot for free, because it was advertised like that. Later they changed the text and who bought after that will have to pay for DLC's. But i bet they forgot about that already.

You got the statement just there...

2 hours ago, DocMoriarty said:

Only members with more than 7199 posts get the info about the event.

Actually i don't care too much about that stream or event or whatever its called anyway. I want the game, thats all.

Yep. I was hoping to play a bit of 1.2 tonight but I'm bailing to get some sleep. I get that a lot of people like watching streams but for me - this was just really dull. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, KSK said:

Yep. I was hoping to play a bit of 1.2 tonight but I'm bailing to get some sleep. I get that a lot of people like watching streams but for me - this was just really dull. Sorry.

Very very dull. 

I dont know what I expected but i didn't expect just a stream which is done all the time anyway.  

Oh well.  Still excited for the release though

I know we're not legally entitled to new updates, but I HOPE SQUAD keeps updating. Sure, KSP was officially "finished", but with a game as amazing and with so many features as KSP, it'll never really be finished. I just want to say: Thank You @SQUAD, Thank You Devs, Thank You Community for the greatest game ever.

55 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Hey guys, 

Patches and Updates wil remain free of charge. We'd only charge for something that has enough value and, of course, we'd never force anyone to buy a product from us.

Cheers!

Incorrect. Expansion packs are also free for those of us who bought KSP before April 30th, 2013.
------------
" Regardless of whether ‘updates’ implies 'expansions’ or not, it’s quite obvious now that we need to rephrase that statement so everyone knows exactly what they’re getting when they purchase the game.
However, it became clear to us that many might have already taken that statement to mean something else than we did when they bought the game, and so had a different notion of what it was they were getting with their initial purchase.
So given that this was a point of confusion, and that
we believe that no matter what, a promise is a promise, we are including Expansions in what you can expect to get for free if you have already bought the game. Also, for those considering purchasing the game, we will maintain this promise for all purchases made until the end of this month (April, 2013).
We have to admit though, up until now, we hadn’t considered Expansion Packs to be the same as updates to KSP. That was in large part because we really had no plans for actual expansions at all.
But as you can imagine, over the course of the 2 and a half years we’ve been developing KSP, we’ve come across many ideas that we thought were very cool, but didn’t really fit the original scope of the game. Those would have led us astray from our vision of the complete game, not to mention that they could take many months, if not years, to implement."

Source
------------
Regardless of who's now working at Squad and who isn't, Squad as a company made this claim and I, as a customer who's supported KSP since 2012, expect them to maintain their promise.

I actually don't care whether i have to pay for expansions/dlcs or not, just mentioned it for the record. I got more fun out of the few bucks for KSP than out of any other investment into games so far. Of course i would like to see development on KSP being continued.

Hmm

Or the devs who left form a new company which creates a completely novel game. Something with space and little red female toons which all look the same and are decendants of tomatoes who try to fly into space and stuff. Now that would be a great game idea, wouldn't it?

Just now, DocMoriarty said:

I actually don't care whether i have to pay for expansions/dlcs or not, just mentioned it for the record. I got more fun out of the few bucks for KSP than out of any other investment into games so far. Of course i would like to see development on KSP being continued.

Hmm

Or the devs who left form a new company which creates a completely novel game. Something with space and little red female toons which all look the same and are decendants of tomatoes who try to fly into space and stuff. Now that would be a great game idea, wouldn't it?

Tomato Space Program 2017 confirmed.

Oh I have no problems with delays. In fact I know Squad will make it perfect because they want to deliver high quality.
I never paid for this game so I'm not going to demand anything. In fact, I donated $7 when the very first public builds came out and I just stumbled upon them. That was KSP 0.7 or 0.8 iirc, I still have the zips on my drive. I donated to this project one week after playing these builds because I found the game amazing and saw the potential.

The reason for my previous reaction is that this community has grown from a very very small forum where almost every user knew each other to a huge mainstream community with forums, blogs, etc. The communication from Squad has been more strict, which I can understand because it has grown to a enormous project. Giving release dates during development is just a very bad idea with the current complexity.
The fact that they stated that the update will be released on October the 11th is very nice. The thing that bothers me now is that the promised details are revealed on a stream which almost no one knew about. But I'm pretty sure it's either a simple mistake or I just haven't looked in all places (which I'm not going to do, I'm not that desperate, I can wait).

It's one hour before midnight here so I'm going to have a sleep. I'll check tomorrow whether the update has been published or not, it's not that important. :)
But if I was asked to give constructive criticism I would answer: Double check your communication plan when you're strict with what you do and don't say. Because people will have even more expectations when you do publish a release date with a statement like "We’ll be given more details in future post, so stay tuned and spread the word!".
It's not a huge thing, but expect negative reactions when a lot of people don't know about where these details are published when they are (the stream).

So for everyone on the side of the world where it's still day I say: Happy gaming with version 1.2! :D
For everyone where it's night or even the 12th of October I say: Good night and tomorrow we'll see how it went. Bye! :)

Edited by Blinkin

Guys, stop freaking out over paid DLC. If Squad were EA, KSP would've already had an army of expansions and trivial DLC. For example, The Sims 3 has a total of $74,886 worth of DLC (I'm being completely serious, see here: https://goo.gl/k2zJVf). And you guys are complaining https://goo.gl/k2zJVfabout a small amount of DLC? Be appreciative for this game please, It's probably one of the best purchases I've ever made in terms of enjoyment I've gotten out of it. Plus, we all know that practically every game on Steam will be ridiculously cheap at some point, so there's really no point in complaining about the cost of this game and possible expansions.