Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

UomoCapra

1 hour ago, UomoCapra said:

Hey guys, 

Patches and Updates wil remain free of charge. We'd only charge for something that has enough value and, of course, we'd never force anyone to buy a product from us.

Cheers!

I know there will be some with pitchforks and cry foul over paid expansions or whatever, but I think the vast majority would be willing to repay the full amount for this game and many have bought multiple  copies. This is a great move by squad to ensure the continuation ksp.  I can't  wait to see what's in store! The experience I have had with game is far more rewarding than I expected and is worth every penny and I will gladly throw the rest of my pennies at Squad for more awesome content

Edited by Galileo

Since lots of people are here, all you steam people should 100% wait for update to finish downloading, right click on the game, go to properties->local files, and click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...." Lots of weird update bugs happen due to weird steam issues.

28 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Wow, and incremental too.  If you were up to date with the pre-release, there's a brief moment of 5.1M of update.

Not for Store buyers. No prerelease-to-1.2, only 1.1.3-to-1.2, which is still 300MB.

26 minutes ago, Waz said:

Not for Store buyers. No prerelease-to-1.2, only 1.1.3-to-1.2, which is still 300MB.

The pre-release was available at the store. To the best of my knowledge every update was there. I downloaded the first 1.2 prerelease from there, and one of the middle ones when Steam was being annoying.

(Yes I own it on both :D)

So I'm guessing that during the "Big Event" TM that DLC was mentioned.  I just wanted to say that Yes, I'll buy it.  Don't care what it is.  I'll buy it.  Not even for the content, but for a Thank You.  Same as the DLC I bought for Skyrim that I've never played...it was worth it.  If it's KSP DLC, I'll BUY it.  I'd buy it in a second if it was simply the top 5 mods made stock.  BUY.  Graphical upgrade?  BUY.  Graphical Downgrade?  BUY TWICE.

BUY.

"But what if the DLC is only..."

BUY

Edited by beelzerob
Because BUY

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

The pre-release was available at the store. To the best of my knowledge every update was there. I downloaded the first 1.2 prerelease from there, and one of the middle ones when Steam was being annoying.

(Yes I own it on both :D)

Yes, it was.What's not available is a patch to go to 1.2-final from that pre-release (whereas Steam does that sort of thing automatically). No big deal, I'd likely have downloaded the full ZIP in either case, for long-term-storage.

5 minutes ago, Waz said:

Yes, it was.What's not available is a patch to go to 1.2-final from that pre-release (whereas Steam does that sort of thing automatically). No big deal, I'd likely have downloaded the full ZIP in either case, for long-term-storage.

Aha. Funny, after all that work they put into getting patching working. Maybe they just didn't think of it :)

4 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Squad delivered the 1.0 version. As far as they're concerned that's the "full version," everything after that is extra candy. But the game has been out of early access for over a year. In that sense we are entitled to nothing. If they decide to close up shop tomorrow and you angrily demand your money back (after hundreds of hours of playtime, no less) because the product is "unfinished," every court in the world will laugh at you.

What makes you think the game was unfinished when you paid $40 for it? That amount makes it sound you bought it after the 1.0 release, at which point, from an early access point of view, the game was "finished." Surely, new features are still being added and bugs are still being fixed, but what product is ever complete in that respect. 

What law are you quoting, by the way? There's some vague promises made in interviews, but I'd love to see in the EULA where exactly we are ENTITLED to bug fixes 25 years from now. Or tomorrow, for that fact. LAW requires that there is some kind of LEGAL AGREEMENT on the status of those updates. Your first step in filing a suit will be to show that Squad broke that agreement. But there has to be one in the first place...

A trader wishing to sell cross-border will have to incur legal and other compliance costs to make sure he is respecting the level of consumer protection of the country of the consumer, as required by Rome I. '' Two matters should be noted by non-EU parties. Rome I rules will be applied by the courts of Member States even if the application of those rules results in a non-EU law, e.g., Chinese law, being the governing law of the agreement. Further, the courts of Member States will apply Rome I even if some or all of the parties appearing before them are non-European.This is regulated by which party is required to offer CHARACTERISTIC PERFORMANCE. This usually means the ruels of the bussines ''home'', but not in consumer right matters.  That means, since i bought it from Sweden, our policy aplies to my consumer rights. If i buy a product, there is already a PRE-DETERMIND law that regulates our agreement, and it is a so-called FORCED law, which means it is  NOT DISPOSITIVE and can therfore not be changed even if i were to sign under a document stating otherwise. This is to protect bussiness from ''going around'' the consumer rights by making their own contracts when selling products. So when i bought the game, an AGREEMENT WAS MADE on the basis of Swedens consumer rights law, of which both partners are obliged to follow since the transaction is complete and therfore is signed by bopth trading parties. Now, i will and would happily have paid for any additional content which i have previously stated. But appearently you have not read it. I will not however, pay for bugfixes. All software contains bugs,and therffore, it is a UNREASONABLE demand to have it bug-free at once and unreasonable demands would be discussed in a court. Law is not black and white in that way. But all companies know that if they release software that not always works accordingly, they will fix that bug and for free as to make sure they do not violate the rights of their consumers. If a company would sell a product with bugs and not fix them or sell it as a complete game before it was complete, which happend with one of the Call of duty games if i recall this case correctly, and now also happens with No Mans Sky, an investigation followed by a court descision will then decide if the consumer demands are reasonable compared to what the product should deliver. If a business goes bancrupt, then there is nothing i can do, not in my country anyway. But that also means that the company cannot make profit, so it is not an issue (by swedish reasoning) that should be included in consumer rights, since it is in the companies interest to make a profit. It is reasoned that you, before making an important purchase, should make a informed decision on the health of the company. Several companies, like Apple and Google have or are under investigation of violating consumer rights in the EU, because they operate under EU law when performing bussines here. Now, i am quite content with squads bugfixing etc. But my response was to a really vague and uninformed reasoning that you cannot demand bugfixing or reqúired updates that makes the product complete. This is all a matter of reasoning and would require a court. So to even suggest there is no agreement between me and squad, is crazy. There is also a long discussion if we are entitled to know about the workign conditions of Squads staff.  This is a matter of fine balance and also, more reasoning. Are we not entitled to know, that a company we support financially, treats it staff well? I remember when Apple was caught having horrible conditions and mass suicides in their sub-contractors factories, and it was a HUGE DEAL and apple made promises to pressure them. Matter are not black and white and it is not as easy as to just silence people when they question certain bussines practices, because we are a society and things are complicated. I hope this clears somethings up, but it seems to be a huge confussion in this thread as to weather we are even entitled to breath oxygen etc. When bussiness inclduing money is involved, especially across borders, there is  a huge and complicated set of rules being applied and that is what we have courts for. There also does not have to be a law always, there can be a thing called predecent cases and this is applied in Great Brittain in many cases where court decisions are not made by existing law but my pre-existing court decisions, some dating even back hundreds of years. Law is complöicated, and i dont mean to be rude here or anything but there is alot of misinformation being spread in this thread about what rights you have and whatnot, so i just wanted to clarify this so there are no more misunderstanding.

Peace <3

4 hours ago, razark said:

If Squad were to close their doors and cease operations, how would that law be enforced?

How do you square that with the fact that all (significant) software contains bugs?

i adressed all this in my latest response which you should  and it is not hard to miss since it is a huge wall of text but i cover everything i think is of importance there as to avoid furhter misunderstandings :)

Edited by FlyingKiwibird

Just now, pieman478 said:

FlyingKiwibird, Paragraphs would be nice....

Thanks...

yeah sorry about that xD its late and i had a couple of whiskies and now im gonna play KSP but i hope this clears somethings up if you dont want to read it now you know that it is there should you change your mind :)