Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

SQUAD

We have amazing news for you, Kerbonauts!!

Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear is ready! We’re polishing the final details of this update and we’ll be releasing it next Tuesday, October, 11th. We’re preparing a big event for its release and we urge to stay tuned for more details. It will be amazing!

This is by far the best update we’ve  developed and you, the community, have been an essential part of it. We can’t thank you enough for helping us with your feedback, your bug hunting and, of course, your support. You are the real heroes of Kerbal Space Program!

We also want to thank our fantastic team of professionals, whose hard work, dedication and passion made this possible!

But this is not all! Here at Squad we’re looking into the future and we have great and ambitious plans for the KSP franchise and even more!

If you’ve been following us closely, you must be aware that we’re growing and we’ve been looking for talent and great collaborators that help us build the next milestone of this franchise. New talents have enrolled in the past few months and they are just as excited as we are. Bringing new talents is allowing us to bring fresh ideas to the plate and we can’t be more excited for what’s coming.

There’s an important amount of new content, besides this new update, that we’re currently working on. This includes more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content and much more!

We’re also experimenting with new technologies and platforms to expand the KSP experience towards new horizons.

Furthermore we want to participate in more industry events, because we want to have a closer relationship with our fans. We’ve already participated in Gamecon, Tokyio Gameshow and Twitchcon and we’ve met amazing people who have given us lots of insight and ideas. We’re hearing you and we’ll not disappoint you!

We’re are very proud to help foster STEM awareness, education and even (and hopefully) encourage some young talents to pursuit a career in these areas. In Squad we firmly believe that the future of humankind, just like with the kerbalkind, lies in the stars!

We’ll be given more details in future post, so stay tuned and spread the word!

Thank you and happy launchings!

-The KSP Dev Team

16 minutes ago, SQUAD said:

There’s an important amount of new content, besides this new update, that we’re currently working on. This includes more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content and much more!

So we can probably safely assume that this is the last big update? Mostly bugfixes from here on out?

We’re also experimenting with new technologies and platforms to expand the KSP experience towards new horizons.

Huh. Smartphones and tablets now? Maybe Harv's original vision of a 2D game?

We’ll be given more details in future post, so stay tuned and spread the word!

Par for the course.

20 minutes ago, SQUAD said:

This includes more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content and much more!

Gas Planet 2 confirmed! :P

Alright, even if it's not GP2, I'd settle for the rocket part revamp and a career mode revamp.

3 minutes ago, regex said:

Huh. Smartphones and tablets now? Maybe Harv's original vision of a 2D game?

Imagine if they developed a companion app that let you build ships on your phone that you can use in your game when you get home.

Just now, Twreed87 said:

Imagine if they developed a companion app that let you build ships on your phone that you can use in your game when you get home.

I can't, it wouldn't include, nor could it handle, all the mods I use.

36 minutes ago, Bandus said:

Do the "more details" include what the "status" of Squad and KSP is after the mass exodus of developers?

Well, if I'm reading what they just said loud and clear, it seems the mass influx of new developers is leading to more free updates and possible expansion packs.  Along with the possibility of the game moving to other platforms.

edit:  I take that back.  Everyone just left.

30 minutes ago, razark said:

<eyebrow raises>

Fascinating.

Presonally, I'm looking forward to Kerbal Cart Racer.

18 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Ditching Unity and developing a game engine that can handle the rigors of large scale systems + physics perhaps?

Oh, please, yes.

Edited by klgraham1013

I think there comes a time when you feel your job is done and it's time to find new challenges elsewhere.  1.2 looks to be the culmination of a long process to make v1.0 what it should have been, and appears the group of devs who made it happen feel it's time to move on, and hand KSP off to a new generation (that would include Nightingale, who did not leave :) ).  The mass departure is shocking, but not entirely suprising.

39 minutes ago, Benji said:

Wow, a release date.

That's some major change in product-sales-whatever-thing. Moar change to come?

Major releases were only communicated in advance. Like 1.0 and 1.1.

32 minutes ago, Laguna said:

I think there comes a time when you feel your job is done and it's time to find new challenges elsewhere.  1.2 looks to be the culmination of a long process to make v1.0 what it should have been, and appears the group of devs who made it happen feel it's time to move on, and hand KSP off to a new generation (that would include Nightingale, who did not leave :) ).  The mass departure is shocking, but not entirely suprising.

I sure hope you are right. I for one, am less optimistic about all this...

Well, I'd say managers did their projections and now think that "max profit per month" has been reached. Any other expense on refining the game is a waste of money. $$ are already in their pockets, "see ya all the community, it's been a pleasure", and so on... The only think we can hope at this point to give this wonderful game a future is access to the source code. :rolleyes:;.;

13 minutes ago, Zoidos said:

Major releases were only communicated in advance. Like 1.0 and 1.1.

I sure hope you are right. I for one, am less optimistic about all this...

Yeah, I posted that before seeing this link to a possible dark side to this story.  If there is any truth in that, then what I said still holds, in a bit of different way.  The devs must have stayed with Squad long enough to complete 1.2 out of sheer love for KSP and the community, then seeing their job complete, collectively said "No more!" and departed.

4 minutes ago, Laguna said:

Yeah, I posted that before seeing this link to a possible dark side to this story.  If there is any truth in that, then what I said still holds, in a bit of different way.  The devs must have stayed with Squad long enough to complete 1.2 out of sheer love for KSP and the community, then seeing their job complete, collectively said "No more!" and departed.

Yes. Or - more likely - because their contracts wouldn't allow them to leave before completion.

Seriously, an entire team doesn't just stand up and leave out of the blue unless they are seriously urinated off by their employer... Especially people who have shown such dedication even prior to their employment (mods). But that's just my opinion.

Expansion packs are fine if it is something new.  I'm not buying something I can already get from mods though, so if they want me to buy an expansion that adds clouds or something stupid like that, they are in for a surprise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.