Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

SQUAD

Very inspiring text, and I'm super hyped for 1.2, but... could we get a bit more concrete information? Especially on these things:

12 hours ago, SQUAD said:

But this is not all! Here at Squad we’re looking into the future and we have great and ambitious plans for the KSP franchise and even more!

Bringing new talents is allowing us to bring fresh ideas to the plate and we can’t be more excited for what’s coming.

There’s an important amount of new content, besides this new update, that we’re currently working on. This includes more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content and much more!

We’re also experimenting with new technologies and platforms to expand the KSP experience towards new horizons.

I notice that `full expansion packs` and `free updates` are not the same thing (although they are for some users and also me as I made sure I bought the game before the cutoff point for free updates and expansion packs)

2 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Where did you get that idea?

look back what happened with B9 after bac9 joined Squad and left took almost 2 years until he returned and updated the mod, the original airplane parts, there are quite some mods that work as examples.

1 minute ago, Alewx said:

look back what happened with B9 after bac9 joined Squad and left took almost 2 years until he returned and updated the mod, the original airplane parts, there are quite some mods that work as examples.

B9 went to college or so when he left, that's why he stopped modding. I don't see how that should affect a whole bunch of other modders.

Edited by Temeter

1 minute ago, Temeter said:

B9 went to college or so when he left, that's why he stopped modding. I don't see how that should affect a whole bunch of other modders.

As I said this is just one example and B9 was at that time already an employee with experience, although I find his use of certain 3d tools strange.

Also why do other employees get a mentioning here with an article and this time it just happens at reddit, maybe they left due to bad blood?

Just now, Alewx said:

As I said this is just one example and B9 was at that time already an employee with experience, although I find his use of certain 3d tools strange.

Then what are the other examples? B9 was an external contractor afaik, so it's nothing special at all to see them work for only limited time.

Roverdude is the exception, but he also seems to be quite happy with the current arrangement.

Also why do other employees get a mentioning here with an article and this time it just happens at reddit, maybe they left due to bad blood?

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it was a part of something. Or it wasn't. We don't know either way. Why are we speculating then?

Just now, Temeter said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it was a part of something. Or it wasn't. We don't know either way. Why are we speculating then?

Because game companies always just show the nice front and never the ugly truth, being part of that business I know it.

1 minute ago, Alewx said:

Because game companies always just show the nice front and never the ugly truth, being part of that business I know it.

You don't need to be part of the business, to see that internal stuff is a closed doors affair.

And yeah, this whole affair does seem a bit strange. Thing is, it's poinitless to argue about matters we got absolutely no evidence or hints about. We neither know the good or the bad behind it.

9 minutes ago, Temeter said:

You don't need to be part of the business, to see that internal stuff is a closed doors affair.

And yeah, this whole affair does seem a bit strange. Thing is, it's poinitless to argue about matters we got absolutely no evidence or hints about. We neither know the good or the bad behind it.

This ^^.

Wait... what happened?  Mike (Mu), Bill (Taniwha), Nathanael (NathanKell), Sébastien (Sarbian), Jim (Romfarer), Brian (Arsonide), Chris (Porkjet), Nathan (Claw), are all leaving. Im assuming this means the major portion of KSP is finally completed.

9 hours ago, Greenfire32 said:

I think we're going to need some clarification because this post is saying one thing, and a post from Reddit is saying another:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/55vozd/theres_no_easy_way_to_say_this/

So, now we finally know what happened to the rocket parts overhaul... To say honestly, I am not surprised.

35 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Sooooo about that pesky PS4 corrupt game save thingy? .... Nothing? .... no? .... k.

I thought they just had a big console update that was supposed to fix the corrupted save game thing. I don't have KSP on a console so I don't follow the news closely, and maybe it was just on Xbox and they're working on the other consoles.

In any case and as was said already, the main branch devs have little to do with what happens on consoles, other than give the console devs a target.

9 minutes ago, NuclearMikenetic said:

What is going on???

Will consoles be finished??

Hey man!

Well, things are looking a little grim. I was very optimistic and supportive of this mess from the start (console release). Everything is just speculation at this point. But we do know that FTE is still on the case to fix the ps4 port.

SQUAD is also hinting at building up the team again, so it is far from dead. I think the reality of the console port, at best, is that we will be sitting with a playable 1.0 patched version. We will have this version for quite some time before it evolves past 1.0 on console. At this point that is all I am hoping for. Just to be able to play the game. I will gladly play with all the janky bugs. Label me "Captain low expectations".

But my optimistic view remains. They will fix it.

2 hours ago, Alewx said:

I've already asked one of them who's quite happy to have the extra time back to work on his mod. That particular sky is not falling.

Edited by Van Disaster

14 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Hey man!

Well, things are looking a little grim. I was very optimistic and supportive of this mess from the start (console release). Everything is just speculation at this point. But we do know that FTE is still on the case to fix the ps4 port.

SQUAD is also hinting at building up the team again, so it is far from dead. I think the reality of the console port, at best, is that we will be sitting with a playable 1.0 patched version. We will have this version for quite some time before it evolves past 1.0 on console. At this point that is all I am hoping for. Just to be able to play the game. I will gladly play with all the janky bugs. Label me "Captain low expectations".

But my optimistic view remains. They will fix it.

Thanks Crash! 

Here's hoping you're right. Would be super cool to have a com net on console like in 1.2... although I'd just like to be able to save first

2 minutes ago, NuclearMikenetic said:

Thanks Crash! 

Here's hoping you're right. Would be super cool to have a com net on console like in 1.2... although I'd just like to be able to save first

HAHAHA!

Saving is going to be sooooooo super sweet! :wink:

I think the fix will come. But don't hold me to that.

Happy launchings Mike!... eventually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.