Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

SQUAD

2 hours ago, WhereAmI said:

So, now we finally know what happened to the rocket parts overhaul... To say honestly, I am not surprised.

I always wondered how it works with the international employees. It was either Squad was paying them waaay more than everyone else at Squad, or they were getting paid waaay less than everyone else in their country. 

Didn't seem ideal for anybody.

Edited by Lukaszenko

12 minutes ago, Lukaszenko said:

It was either Squad was paying them waaay more than everyone else at Squad, or they were getting paid waaay less than everyone else in their country.

I think you'll probably find it was both at the same time...

6 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

(sigh) Does it sound like they are disbanding? You make it sound like some conspiracy theory... next you'll be saying the KSP is just a game and nothing more....

And the Mun landing was a hoax....

I'm happy to wait till the 11th.... BUT.... expansion packs??????????????????? That sounds like DLC ..... wow.... does this mean Aliens?????? (dammit, now I'm sounding like Bandus! :)

Onwards, Kerbal-peeps... to the 11th.... infinity and beyond...... :)

(ahead warp fact 9 Mister Sulu...)

yes. :)

As opposed to a conspiracy theory, my point and concern is about something that happened irrefutably. A significant number of well known developers left the project and I don't think I am the only one in the community who feels dismayed about it. I'm simply looking for Squad to help alleviate concern by informing us a bit more on how it affects the future plans for KSP. 

If that type of thinking is all it takes to be made fun of then...keep making fun? 

I really don't understand why some people seem to be so upset about 'the end of KSP development'. You bought a game, and as of version 1.0 they owe you absolutely nothing. 

The fact that they continued to update and add features for free is amazing. I'm astounded that they did that for so long. But did you really expect to continue getting FREE STUFF forever? The sense of entitlement in some posts is unnecessary and unrealistic. 

As for paid DLC, I'll happily pay for new stuff, as long as it adds something meaningful to the game. 

15 minutes ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

I really don't understand why some people seem to be so upset about 'the end of KSP development'. You bought a game, and as of version 1.0 they owe you absolutely nothing. 

The fact that they continued to update and add features for free is amazing. I'm astounded that they did that for so long. But did you really expect to continue getting FREE STUFF forever? The sense of entitlement in some posts is unnecessary and unrealistic. 

As for paid DLC, I'll happily pay for new stuff, as long as it adds something meaningful to the game. 

I'm just sitting here wanting to save my console game. I don't care about dlc or free content..  just make it work Darn it

4 minutes ago, NuclearMikenetic said:

I'm just sitting here wanting to save my console game. I don't care about dlc or free content..  just make it work Darn it

I wasn't necessarily referring to your posts. But as was said before, the console ports are handled by Flying Tiger, the core dev team has little to nothing to do with it, so you shouldn't be worried either. 

Thank you to all the developers who made this update as expected, because of the functionalities it adds, but also by the massive cleaning of the core games.

Personally, I still expected visual improvement of the games, and new gameplay: AI, colonization, defense, attack planet, base ...

Possibly the multi.

And these improvements, I would be ready to pay.

17 hours ago, N_Molson said:

Well, I'd say managers did their projections and now think that "max profit per month" has been reached.

I've paid something to the tune of EUR 20,- and that was four years ago. This can't go on forever.

Hollddddd your horses. Ksp FRANCHISE? Well. That's interesting........

Expansions? That means DLC I'm assuming, welllllll......

The entire dev team literally left, who is there left to develop? I fear the end times are near folks. Don't tell me papa Smithen didn't warn you!

TIME FOR THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Edited by Combatsmithen

OP reads like alien from planet Marketroid. Thanks to commenters for clarifying what is going on. After careful rereading, my take is that game development is over and work  is on on milking "franchise" now. Looks like indie games can't grow forever without turning down a Notch.

19 hours ago, SQUAD said:

We’re also experimenting with new technologies and platforms to expand the KSP experience towards new horizons.

I hope the original spirit of the game is not lost in this rapid expansion towards your new horizons. It's important to look at where you came from and not just where your going.

19 hours ago, SQUAD said:

There’s an important amount of new content, besides this new update, that we’re currently working on. This includes more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content and much more!

One of the things I like about Kerbal Space Program is that it all comes in one package. I hope these expansion packs are part of the game for everyone and not just those that can pay for additional features, not to do so would only serve to distance yourself from the community.

2 hours ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

I agree with you! I have absolutely had my money's worth from KSP many times over as I was fortunate to get on board super early. I too would pay for DLC/expansions assuming it adds content to the game.

Having said that, no, I never expected features and updates to continue for free indefinitely after release. However, I also didn't expect the majority of the well known developers to all leave simultaneously. My concern is what we can expect in terms of impact on KSP as a result of this event. 1.2 comes out next Tuesday, but does this mean on updates after that for a long time?

At the risk of repeating myself from other posts, I hope we receive some type of official response with regard to the impact of this situation.

37 minutes ago, fireblade274 said:

On top of everything else, no more great poems?

I don't think sal_vager is going to be able to top this one, from the Sept 20 Devnote Tuesday, for a long time. His name is not on the list of departures, so, keep hope alive!

Home a distant point of light.
Drifting, lonely this dark night.
Faint, a call from friends afar.
Data sent, burns like a star.
In minds of all, young and old.
Who look up, the sky behold.
With curiosity of endless size.
Our silicon friends become our eyes

- sal_vager

On 5/10/2016 at 8:20 AM, Bandus said:

As opposed to a conspiracy theory, my point and concern is about something that happened irrefutably. A significant number of well known developers left the project and I don't think I am the only one in the community who feels dismayed about it. I'm simply looking for Squad to help alleviate concern by informing us a bit more on how it affects the future plans for KSP. 

If that type of thinking is all it takes to be made fun of then...keep making fun? 

Well, see... there is your problem....

"A significant number of well known developers left the project...."

1) You have no idea how many developers have actually joined the project lately... in fact, a recent post suggests far more than have actually left...

2) They may well have been well known, but that is life, you STILL do not know who joined, and till you see their work, or give them some time to make their mark, OF COURSE they will be unknown... but that doesn't mean that in 12 months time they wont be famous for being masters of their craft by the entire KSP community... its actually NOT FAIR... repeat... NOT FAIR to judge a developer on how well know they are... the quiet ones still on the project may actually have done more than the .... "loud' ones...

You say you are dismayed... what would you have them do... lock them up as slaves and work on the project, accepting substandard work because they don;t really want to be there any more? They can only give so much, and they have... and now, they feel the best thing to do is move on.... and they are... that allows NEW BLOOD to come in... new ideas. new approaches and new ways of doing things to come in.... as with anything.... ITS EVOLUTION.... if the game doesn't evolve, then it WILL DIE.... the fact that KSP is evolving bodes well for all of us, they have already mentioned a few new things planned... expansion packs for example... which tells EVERYONE the game is far from dead, and certainly isn't at any risk of dying any time soon....
-
Maybe rather than post your doom and gloom, you remain silent IF YOU CANNOT POST ANYTHING NICE TO SAY...

The fact that 1.2 is nearly here isn't good enough for you? You're the only one saying its dead... seriously????

I suggest you ask the moderators to change your name to "Chicken Little".... especially if you think the sky is falling....

FYI.... it always starts with ONE.... you say the game is nearly dead... someone believes you and starts saying the same, then four... then eight... etc etc.... and then they announce the game is dead because people have stopped supporting it.... whereas had you kept quiet.. the game will never die because it will always be supported...

Right?

We may need a extended explanations from the actual management about what happened and what is going to happen from now on. Because leaving of that number of good Dev's and the anunce of expansions/DLC's have realy shocked me and now for buy and suport Squad again i ask for a explanation of what is happening.

Welp, road map time! 1.3 is where graphics and sound issues are to be fixed and finalized. 1.4 is where all rocket parts (including 2.5 parts [yes, the barrel has to go {wait, will this start another save the part thing like the toridial fuel tank?}]) will be overhauled. 1.5 is where we see some more speeding up of the game, allowing for larger vessels with more frames. 1.6 is where we add life support. 1.7 is where we make a new planet in Eeloos orbit, and move Eeloo to Jools orbit. 1.8 is where we see even more new parts. 1.9 is where we see talking kerbals. 2.0 will make it even smoother. I don't want to go any further becuase I'm afraid the Dev teams will be crawling on my back already, I don't want to make it worse.

Note, this is pure speculation. All of this is to be seen. None of this is canon with the game (currently.)

That road map don't look bad at all and for some thinks like new good parts i will be happy to pay.

But what about the developers are leaving like that? because if we're supporting a game that dosn't treat the Dev team like they should i may decide to take my money and time to other side.

Squad's community manager has replied to Reddit speculation, over on Reddit

Information about recent events at Squad - Response
submitted 2 hours ago by UomoCapra Community Lead

There has been some anonymous aggression towards Squad, spreading lies about the work conditions within the company.

First of all, it's important to note that we’re very proud of our work and our team. Everything we have achieved as a company is thanks to the people that have contributed throughout the many years that it has taken to develop KSP.

We constantly learn from experience, and year by year we have been improving all aspects within the company. It is a priority at Squad to provide our team members with more than reasonable working conditions, where extra hours are discouraged and have been discouraged continuously by the upper management, while the developers along with the rest of the team members state what’s possible to be done in a given timeframe.

Deadlines are continuously negotiated and adjusted based on the team's capacity to avoid crunch time. Furthermore, the salaries are personally and individually negotiated according to the industry standards of each country. Additionally, Squad has always been open to discuss any salary adjustments with each of the team members.

We are a company with a fantastic team and we won’t continue responding false and anonymous accusations of people who maliciously want to hurt our image and reputation.

We guarantee our fans and the community that KSP will continue and there will be many years of Kerbal to come. We have many plans and we’re excited about what’s coming next.

10 minutes ago, Werty said:

That road map don't look bad at all and for some thinks like new good parts i will be happy to pay.

That road map looks like generic marketing wenk.
There was nothing in it that instilled any enthusiasm, except for the fact that Squad didn't have any actual developer's notes in the Devnotes! 
:huh::rolleyes:
It was nothing more than an attempt at positive market spin to draw attention away from the echo sounding off from the empty space behind it. :(

Edited by richfiles

:confused: All this have been very confusing

3 minutes ago, basic.syntax said:

Squad's community manager has replied to Reddit speculation, over on Reddit

thanks for the info i'm now more relaxed and i look forward to see what happens with all that but i'm a bit more optimistic

On 04/10/2016 at 11:12 PM, KroShan said:

i wonder what the (assumed) hired talents with CryEngine experience are working on :)

Kerbal Stellar Program, maybe?

Kerbal Shooting Program. It will be a first person Tie fighter experience in the Angry Birds Universe... :confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.