Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

SQUAD

13 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

What version are YOU playing? 0.90?

While not nearly as bad as it used to be back then, stock atmosphere is still no FAR. Physics aside, there's also usability. The one thing that would have to happen to make FAR not essential for me is stock finally incorporating individually tunable Y/P/R control surface deflection angles, and flaps/spoilers. Maybe we'll be seeing a DLC for that in the near future...

Edited by MaxRebo

2 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

What version are YOU playing? 0.90?

1.2 pre (while the stock aero is better now, its still very much soup compared to FAR, I should not be able to slow down a 10 ton plane in a straight dive just by pulling flap XD and what i mean by slow down is actually losing a great deal of speed not just increase drag and speeding up slower)

Edited by Tidus Klein

2 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

While not nearly as bad as it used to be back then, stock atmosphere is still no FAR. Physics aside, there's also usability. The one thing that would have to happen to make FAR not essential for me is stock finally incorporating individually tunable Y/P/R control surface deflection angles, and flaps/spoilers. Maybe we'll be seeing a DLC for that in the near future...

Flaps/spoilers are already a thing in stock, for what it's worth.

Just now, CubertFarnsworth said:

Can anyone confirm if this release is only for PC or does it include consoles as well?

Thanks.

100% this is just PC. The next console patch is not going to be 1.2 either since the consoles have huge approval processes and the development work has to go through a third party developer.

8 hours ago, The Wild Hun said:

I believe yaw/pitch/roll tunables already exist in the VAB/SPH. Flaps can be somewhat simulated as all axes(?) disabled but deployable. I've even 'made' flaps mid-flight without having group definitions within VAB/SPH by using the context menus... or am I missing something...

6 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Flaps/spoilers are already a thing in stock, for what it's worth.

Oh wow, shows how long I haven't played seriously with stock aerodynamics :D

I did fly a few planes here and there in a stock aero install, but never bothered to checked the control surface context menus since 1.0. I stand corrected then.

Edited by MaxRebo

Spoiler

KerbalCM_InstrumentTestFit.jpg
Second and sixth meters from the left are modded.

Do I babysit Steam all afternoon, or do I grab the Dremel and get to modding more of my meters for my Kerbal instrument/control panel. I'm modding some old GE edgewise meters to resemble the edgewise meters from the Apollo capsule. Adding backlighting and replacing the scale with an Apollo styled one.

Nevermind... It's out now.

Now... Do I play update the mods, or do I dig out the Dremel... :P

Edited by richfiles

35 minutes ago, richfiles said:

Now... Do I play update the mods, or do I dig out the Dremel... 

Dremel.

That way you don't have to stare at those mods wondering when they're going to update.

And your build is awsome!

6 minutes ago, razark said:

Dremel.
That way you don't have to stare at those mods wondering when they're going to update.

And your build is awsome!

Thanks! I need to brag this in the new post tho! :sticktongue:

Edited by richfiles

sorry this question but in ksp 1.2 the game engine has been changed,

- Now I wonder I need to recompile my old 1.1.3 mods (unity 5.2.4) for the new ksp version 1.2 (Unity 5.4)  ?

dEL6l.gif

- If so, can you use the current part tools ? 

.. oh man ! Always ask these F***! [beep]  questions .. there is patience asked.  ... only  patience

cheers ! 

Edited by RaendyLeBeau
add picture

43 minutes ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

Now I wonder I need to recompile my old 1.1.3 mods (unity 5.2.4) for the new ksp version 1.2 (Unity 5.4)  ?

most likely not, unless you plan on utilizing some of the new part tools features. 

3 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

most likely not, unless you plan on utilizing some of the new part tools features. 

Interesting, you mean the color & part animation  ?  It can be there that is still no thread to this topic .. unfortunately I found nothing.

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.