Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

SQUAD

On 5/10/2016 at 5:58 PM, FullMetalMachinist said:

I really don't understand why some people seem to be so upset about 'the end of KSP development'. You bought a game, and as of version 1.0 they owe you absolutely nothing. 

The fact that they continued to update and add features for free is amazing. I'm astounded that they did that for so long. But did you really expect to continue getting FREE STUFF forever? The sense of entitlement in some posts is unnecessary and unrealistic. 

As for paid DLC, I'll happily pay for new stuff, as long as it adds something meaningful to the game. 

According to your forum profile, you joined on January 6th of this year. Therefore, you have missed quite a lot of backstory. If you had been here longer, you'd know that 1.0 was in no way the complete release (regardless of how much they'd like to promote it as such) and the game is not even complete yet as of 1.2 (at least according to a series of features that were announced a long time ago). Most notably, multiplayer was supposed to be in the game, and it still isn't as of 1.2. That's not counting a lot of work that is in my opinion necessary (really, a game about space with no clouds!?).

I can understand why you'd feel that 1.0 was the complete release and everything after that is a present... but it really wasn't finished. 1.2 isn't, either.

I guess you don't recall the "series" of beta releases (there was only one).

5 hours ago, Ippo said:

According to your forum profile, you joined on January 6th of this year.

Yes, and according to my store account I bought the game in April of 2012. I have missed no backstory. 

The fact is that no matter what you or I or anyone else thinks, KSP is a complete release simply because Squad says it is. 

No one is saying that you have to like that finished product in it's current state, but it is a finished product. 

On 14/10/2016 at 3:11 PM, FullMetalMachinist said:

Yes, and according to my store account I bought the game in April of 2012. I have missed no backstory. 

The fact is that no matter what you or I or anyone else thinks, KSP is a complete release simply because Squad says it is. 

No one is saying that you have to like that finished product in it's current state, but it is a finished product. 

For some definition of finished.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.