"There's no easy way to say this."

Superfluous J

I'll say one thing...the community on this forum is a heck of a lot less inflammatory than Reddit. I thought we got a bit out of control sometimes :)   Now I know why I don't spend much time there.

@RoverDude I feel for you. Being called a liar or a company shill hurts...A few vocal people are grilling you, but your work and dedication are incredibly valued and I hope you're letting their accusations roll off...

11 minutes ago, regex said:

And now you know why Reddit is utter crap.

It's not, when it's treated as an entertainment platform it always was.

11 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry, only that it was getting downvoted into oblivion and folks might actually want to see the response there.

I don't understand why the response is given at all. It was never needed, you can predict it's content before you click. Just like in the past, SQUAD's PR shoots in it's own leg. Managers could simply ask one one of the departed devs to post a simple 'No'. Unless, of course, they don't want to lie...

Oh damn, look at this:

EDIT I am not, JulianKersange. I've not hid behind a fake account and I will not. I am here openly. Nor do I have any ability to prove or disprove what he said specifically.-DR

26 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I mean yeah...

But that does not answer anything at all, completely.

8 Devs, some of them have been there for ages, some of them have joined recently and have been *very* enthusiastic about working on the game - suddenly they decide to "move on"? 1 Week before the release? Fixing bugs only 1 day prior? Now going completely silent while all are still online on the forums?

And SQUAD/UomaCapra is telling us that everything is fine, everything is peachy, noone was treated badly, Development continues (with 3 devs left??) and the future is bright?

Yeah no, I'm afraid I'm not buying it. I'm afraid speculation in this thread or reddit or wherever will not stop until we get *real* answers either from Squad or from the devs that left.

Edited by Kobymaru

4 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

I mean yeah...

But that does not answer anything at all, completely.

8 Devs, some of them have been there for ages, some of them have joined recently and have been *very* enthusiastic about working on the game - suddenly they decide to "move on"? 1 Week before the release? Fixing bugs only 1 day prior? Now going completely silent while all are still online on the forums?

And SQUAD/UomaCapra is telling us that everything is fine, everything is peachy, noone was treated badly, Development continues (with 3 devs left??) and the future is bright?

Yeah no, I'm afraid I'm not buying it. I'm afraid speculation in this thread or reddit or wherever will not stop until we get *real* answers either from Squad or from the devs that left.

Nah, reddit will move on in a few days when they're bored and the next drama happens.

So, someone on reddit is apparently asking for Squad to release all internal work hour and salary records. Of course, also getting upvoted.

What is wrong with those people...

Feels like planetary annihilation steam forums, thinking about it. Whatever, probably best just ignore it. Stupid people have short attention spans.

Edited by Temeter

22 hours ago, Galileo said:

Maybe 1.2 is the end product ( a few patches and fixes here and there after it releases)  but maybe it's really just done?  It's sad but I understand money doesn't grow on trees. Just blind speculation 

1.2 is a massive update that revolutionized ksp in terms of comms maybe is this what Harvester dreamed of what Ksp will become?

Just now, ouion said:

1.2 is a massive update that revolutionized ksp in terms of comms maybe is this what Harvester dreamed of what Ksp will become?

I don't think so. I think before 1.0 released everyones expectations were much higher. perhaps too high but what it is now is fine but it drops short quite a bit from the 'vision' us guys had.

Just now, worir4 said:

I don't think so. I think before 1.0 released everyones expectations were much higher. perhaps too high but what it is now is fine but it drops short quite a bit from the 'vision' us guys had.

Well, at least we can all agree this ain't No Man's Sky, eh?

1 minute ago, monstah said:

Is that a good thing? I've heard of that game, but have no idea

Well, the new game from the devs that left Star Citizen is Decent Underground, and it's great!

I doubt Star Citizen itself will ever be released at this point.

Edited by Alshain

Just now, Alshain said:

Well, the new game from the devs that left Star Citizen is Decent Underground, and it's great!

Is that the one that the big name "producer" was/is in charge of and which has a gignormous vision for a persistent MMORPG Space Opera and which has been collecting funding for years?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.