"There's no easy way to say this."

Superfluous J

Just now, Alshain said:

And there will be multiplayer, but don't go looking for it because you won't be able to find it.

It's weird that we all seem to remember multiplayer being confirmed but no one can find it.

I would be greatfull if any one had a link to a post that verifies it.

2 minutes ago, worir4 said:

It's weird that we all seem to remember multiplayer being confirmed but no one can find it.

I would be greatfull if any one had a link to a post that verifies it.

We splintered off into jokes about No Man's Sky.  That quote was something Sean Murray told Stephen Colbert, but it never happened and there is no multiplayer in NMS.

KSP Multiplayer was confirmed several times by Maxmaps in twitch streams, but I doubt it is happening now.

Edited by Alshain

Just now, monstah said:

When did he ever say "Kinda"? It was always "Sure, and it will be awesome!!"

I think he said it when he was asked about the multiplayer. Or it was something along the lines of, "will the player be able to see himself". He was always super vague and had this funny look on his face.

Also, reversed version:

— Sean, will there be a multiplayer in No Mans Sky?

— Sorry, NDA.

Just now, Alshain said:

We splintered off into jokes about No Man's Sky.  That quote was something Sean Murray told Stephen Colbert, but it never happened and there is no multiplayer in NMS.

XD No, i mean multiplayer for KSP! :D

Just now, monstah said:

I remember them saying something like "we're adding infrastructure so multiplayer is possible in the future", but no guarantees

Maxmaps said on Squadcast several times that it was coming but was going to take a long time.

Kind of a weird dynamic happening here- KSP in some ways is practically a FOSS project- great dev interaction, constant progress updates, just lots of info surrounding many aspects of this project. At the same time, it is in actuality a closed-source commercial project. The point is, I never know who works at Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, Autodesk, who quits and who gets hired, how the employees are contracted and what their pay is. I'm just saying that I am naive as to how all this works, whether this is the norm, or a norm, or an oddity in the industry. I get the feeling in most CG industries there is quite a bit of movement of personnel though. Either way, I hope the people leaving were treated decently while working on this game and wish them luck and good times in the future, and a big thanks for their efforts in the past few months in making 1.2 an amazing update.

Thanks,you guys, for making all our lives easier, funner, and this is an end to a great chapter in ksp history. I do hope the game continues to thrive...... Somehow. this is a tough time for ksp fans, Bake off fans, and..... Elon Musk. his rocket explosion would have looked ten times better in KSP. I hope somehow I can repay you guys, but I cant possibly do that for the 400 hours of fun you gave me.

Thanks,

-A saddened the_pazter.

P.S. I hope i got all my punctuation right.

Well, this is the same company that thought it would be a great idea to pull an Aprils Fools Day prank about a week before April Fools Day...

That said I don't have a lot of confidence for the future of KSP anymore.  I'll be making a backup copy of my current install and crossing my fingers.  Not much we can do besides that.

I've gotten more than my money's worth from the game, but it is disappointing to see such a mass exodus.

Edited by Slam_Jones

I just found out about this. This is bad.

It really looks like KSP is dying. At least we get 1.2. I don't think Roverdude can make 1.3 mostly by himself. Also, so much for the rocket parts overhaul. It was looking pretty good...

I hope they find those "talented developers".

5 minutes ago, Slam_Jones said:

I'll be making a backup copy of my current install and crossing my fingers.

Oh, good idea. I need to switch back to 1.1.3 on steam and back that up. I mean, I'm 90% sure 1.2 will turn out fine, regardless of shakeups, but it's always good to be prepared.

5 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

I think I need a better signature

KOLOSSAL-don't worry, I swear it's not dead!

Your thread says it's dead. That top line is accurate.

Edited by Jarin

1 minute ago, Jarin said:

Oh, good idea. I need to switch back to 1.1.3 on steam and back that up. I mean, I'm 90% sure 1.2 will turn out fine, regardless of shakeups, but it's always good to be prepared.

I'm sure 1.2 will release without issue. As for future updates, well, let's just say you should keep a backup of 1.2 because I have a feeling it will become the definitive version.

On 4/10/2016 at 3:11 PM, OldLost said:

These guys are some of the best modders the game has. It would be doubly-sad if the mods they've developed also ended. I hope this is not the case, but fear it is.

Evolution...... nothing has died... if a part dies, then something evolves to take its place... some thing maybe .... better?

Edited by kiwi1960

1 minute ago, regex said:

I'm sure 1.2 will release without issue. As for future updates, well, let's just say you should keep a backup of 1.2 because I have a feeling it will become the definitive version.

I agree with this.  1.2 is going to be fine.

1 minute ago, IronCretin said:

FWIW, ModuleManager just updated, so Sarbian, at least, is still with us.

That's good to know.

Here's the thing guys, teams break up. They do incredible things and for one reason or another go separate ways. I'm not speculating on what caused this specific fracture in the dev team, but these things happen. There is no end without a beginning and no beginning without an end. We lost some great developers and it has shaken us all but i doubt SQUAD is going anywhere. New devs will come in and I feel confident and hopeful the game will continue developing. 

Just now, kiwi1960 said:

A little unfair right.... they are only the best because they are actually here working on the game... the new blood they have taken on may well be better known to you in 12 months time....

Define "here". By "here" one could infer you are also working for Squad.

16 minutes ago, Jarin said:

Your thread says it's dead. That top line is accurate.

Oh, right...

yeah that's been dead, though not because I "quit the game forever" for a week (I still don't know why I wrote that)

Thanks for noticing that!

1 hour ago, Boris-Barboris said:

It's not, when it's treated as an entertainment platform it always was.

I don't understand why the response is given at all. It was never needed, you can predict it's content before you click. Just like in the past, SQUAD's PR shoots in it's own leg. Managers could simply ask one one of the departed devs to post a simple 'No'. Unless, of course, they don't want to lie...

Companies only use NDAs to cover their backsides.  Very few things actually need to be secret if you follow good ethics.

I kinda feel like Squad is holding all those devs that quit in a NDA basement...all tied up and gagged. Those devs were super active on this forum and now it seems like they aren't allowed to interact with us at all, as they haven't posted anything since their resignation on reddit.

Let them rejoin the community! Let them speak out! Obviously they still love KSP. If they are mad at how Squad treated them...well lets hear it. Hearing nothing, we're just going to assume the worst anyway, which is what a lot of people seem to be doing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.