"There's no easy way to say this."

Superfluous J

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

Probably right about here:

Though TBH I didn't really expect it to go much different. People are mad and confused, along varying ranges of reasonableness. If anything I'm surprised the whole thing has been so civil.

You are only allowed to give 25 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today.
  • OK

1 minute ago, Norcalplanner said:

In looking at the job ads through the link at the top of the forum, every job description requires that the applicant speak Spanish fluently. Could the language issue be a contributing factor to the exodus?

Could be. I think @nightingale is British, not sure about the other 7 but that could be a problem.

1 minute ago, Norcalplanner said:

In looking at the job ads through the link at the top of the forum, every job description requires that the applicant speak Spanish fluently. Could the language issue be a contributing factor to the exodus?

Also the fact that most of those people are outside of Mexico. Doesn't explain Roverdude but I know nothing of his spoken language skills. Same for Nightingale.

I don't blame the developers for leaving, they have a good reason, but 1.3 isn't looking very good with only 10 developers including only 2.5 programmers. 

While the idea of 1.2 or 1.3 being the LAST update is kind of a worst-case scenario, it is entirely possible. Plausible, even.

BACKUP YOUR GAMES, FOR THE END IS NEAR! :0.0:

5 minutes ago, regex said:

Also the fact that most of those people are outside of Mexico. Doesn't explain Roverdude but I know nothing of his spoken language skills. Same for Nightingale.

English only, though I can curse in a few others.  

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

If anything I'm surprised the whole thing has been so civil.

Most of the time the KSP community is pretty great.  It's why it avoids my ban on reading comments on the internet.  Typically, that behavior is bad for your health.

That reddit thread needs a good Mod lock out on it.  Nice that here everyone is more or less friendly, if a bit overly insistent on things (see "is 'x' mod updated yet?" on any mod thread.

As for why 8 people left at the same time?  Just be patient, Douglas Adams, and we'll find out eventually, one day, years from now.

Also tell your Kerbals to pack their towels, there is still much to see/explode.

So here, I attempted to separate fact from rumor in this sticky situation. Please read it, and tell me if I got anything wrong, or if you have a fact or a rumor you heard that I didn't cover.

I think it's time we figure out what's really going on here.

I just don't see what could possibly be achieved by that. We're not going to know, and its not really our business anyway. Either 1.3 will have fancy new features or it wont, they'll hire a bunch of cool new devs or they wont, its just not really our business what's happening personally between any of them. That's their deal and they're all adults and they can figure it out. Im really happy 1.2 is so great and I'm hugely grateful to everyone who worked so hard on it, those that are staying and those that are moving on alike. I really hope Arsonide and Nathan and Claw and all those guys find kickass new work out there. They're crazy talented and Im sure they'll do well. I guess I just don't see how some weird citizens inquiry is going to help matters.

Edited by Pthigrivi

Just now, Pthigrivi said:

I just don't see what could possibly be achieved by that. We're not going to know, and its not really our business anyway. Either 1.3 will have fancy new features or it wont, they'll hire a bunch of cool new devs or they wont, its just not really our business what's happening personally between any of them. That's their deal and they're all adults and they can figure it out. Im really happy 1.2 is so great and I'm hugely grateful to everyone who worked so hard on it. I really hope Arsonide and Nathan and Claw and all those guys find kickass new work out there. They're crazy talented and Im sure they'll do well. I guess I just don't see how some weird citizens inquiry is going to help matters.

Please do read my post and tell me what I list as facts that we don't know for sure. I would love to hear that!

5 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

I guess I just don't care that much? I love the game and Im sad so many folks are leaving but it seems weird to get all up in their business about it.

That's fine! People are gonna do that if something they don't like happens.

That's odd, man. I mean the thing is none of us were there so none of us has any clue what happened. Its kind of silly guess at it. Either way there's nothing we're going to say or discover on this message board thats going to change matters. People left on their own terms and next month they'll be writing great code for someone else. Its just really not the end of the world. I just don't see what possible good from come of it? Teach someone a lesson? When we have no idea what we're talking about? How? And to what end?

Edited by Pthigrivi

23 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

That's odd, man. I mean the thing is none of us were there so none of us has any clue what happened. Its kind of silly guess at it. Either way there's nothing we're going to say or discover on this message board thats going to change matters. People left on their own terms and next month they'll be writing great code for someone else. Its just really not the end of the world. I just don't see what possible good from come of it? Teach someone a lesson? When we have no idea what we're talking about? How? And to what end?

It's very sad that this had to happen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.