"There's no easy way to say this."

Superfluous J

@5thHorseman, I'm sorry, I seem to have stolen all this thread's steam. That wasn't my intention, I only wanted to separate fact from fiction. I didn't intend to steal the whole hype train. Thank you for bringing this up. It was truly a rollercoaster ride.

12 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

@5thHorseman, I'm sorry, I seem to have stolen all this thread's steam. That wasn't my intention, I only wanted to separate fact from fiction. I didn't intend to steal the whole hype train. Thank you for bringing this up. It was truly a rollercoaster ride.

No worries. I'm personally of a mind similar to @Pthigrivi's and don't care about the "facts" or "details" but to each their own, do what you gotta do.

I'm not measuring length of thread as a source of pride or anything :)

5 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

No worries. I'm personally of a mind similar to @Pthigrivi's and don't care about the "facts" or "details" but to each their own, do what you gotta do.

I'm not measuring length of thread as a source of pride or anything :)

Cool, thanks! I am of the mind to put down seemingly delicious rumors that only hurt people, and that's why I said what I said. Actually, here is where I got a lot of my facts (and just about all the rumors) from.

Edited by Mycroft

I would like to thank Mike (Mu), Bill (Taniwha), Nathanael (NathanKell), Sébastien (Sarbian), Jim (Romfarer), Brian (Arsonide), Chris (Porkjet), and Nathan (Claw) for everything you have done for the game.  These last few weeks have seen so many wonderful moments in development.

The amount of bug-squashing and polish that the game has received on this update is beautiful!

It has been very enjoyable, as well, to hear and read so much directly from the developers who were doing this work.

May you all continue to have great experiences with KSP.

Happy landings!

Indeed kudos to the people that put a lot of effort into 1.2 and KSP in general.

Apart from what may have happened behind the stage or not, I still love KSP in it's current form.
I'll take this version 1.2 and we'll see what the future has in store.

In a parallel universe... I would like to see these former devs sustain their mods and start charging for them if they can - My parallel-universe-self would gladly pay, as some of these dramatically improve enjoyment of KSP - OK admittedly I'm an RSS/RO junkie at the moment so am slightly biased - @NathanKell I hold you responsible for this fever of mine! :)

I do wonder if their NDA prohibits this.

More importantly - I can be very patient as I keep my 1.1.3 instance alive and well - likely for a long time.

3 minutes ago, Probus said:

Well at least @NathanKell is not leaving RO/RSS/RP0.  It is, in my opinion, his crown jewel.

Thank you, kind sir, for adding this lovely bit of info!

11 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

That's odd, man. I mean the thing is none of us were there so none of us has any clue what happened. Its kind of silly guess at it. Either way there's nothing we're going to say or discover on this message board thats going to change matters. People left on their own terms and next month they'll be writing great code for someone else. Its just really not the end of the world. I just don't see what possible good from come of it? Teach someone a lesson? When we have no idea what we're talking about? How? And to what end?

Just so. For the vast majority of companies out there this would never be an issue for the customers.

And people take Squad's silence for some vast conspiracy when the fact is it's just not normal for a company to discuss internal matters publicly. To 'air out dirty laundry' as it were. Even if there IS no dirty laundry (so to speak) you just don't hang it out for public consumption. That would be highly abnormal.

5 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Just so. For the vast majority of companies out there this would never be an issue for the customers.

And people take Squad's silence for some vast conspiracy when the fact is it's just not normal for a company to discuss internal matters publicly. To 'air out dirty laundry' as it were. Even if there IS no dirty laundry (so to speak) you just don't hang it out for public consumption. That would be highly abnormal.

Very true, and we will probably never know the whole story (i.e. SQUAD's position) because they don't need to.

So, my 2¢ after reading all the threads and posts on this subject:

Live your life
Download 1.2 when it gets out of Beta
Grab Porkjet's rocket mods
Archive everything (after running the program and if it works great, I recommend burning your own archive copy to a DVD-RW)

....and we shall see what happens after 1.2.

Edited by GDJ

1 hour ago, Probus said:

Well at least @NathanKell is not leaving RO/RSS/RP0.  It is, in my opinion, his crown jewel.

And why would he? He just spent like, three updates of KSP adding things to make his life easier (and the game better, of course).

7 minutes ago, regex said:

And why would he? He just spent like, three updates of KSP adding things to make his life easier (and the game better, of course).

Makes you wonder if that was a condition under which he agreed to work for Squad? 

"Sure, I'll work on the core game, but only if you also let me make it more mod-friendly."

3 minutes ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Makes you wonder if that was a condition under which he agreed to work for Squad? 

"Sure, I'll work on the core game, but only if you also let me make it more mod-friendly."

I'm sure that wasn't a hard sell on his part; mods are a large part of why this game has gone so far. I've never played RSS/RO, but given their scope I'm sure he's what you call a domain expert in the hows of doing the modding.

58 minutes ago, regex said:

He just spent like, three updates of KSP adding things to make his life easier

I was sort of amused that a lot of @NathanKell and @RoverDude's work was building in hooks and systems for modders to use. Not that I don't think that's a great use of their time, mind you.

1 hour ago, Suedocode said:

Sauce?

Additionally, you usually ask for source saying he will stop. That was a fear out of nowhere.

I mean really, if you wanna drive people out of a community, than drama is usually the best measure.^^'

2 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

What? That's crazy! Wait... There's a world, too? THE WORLD IS A LIE!!!

No, just the cake.  And it is good to hear one of the recently departed is still going to continue modding.

Edited by Jacke

If I left my company under GOOD conditions and it caused a rumor mill in the community, I'd be inclined to post something like, "hey, everyone! Just letting you know that I left on good terms and some of the rumors floating around about the working conditions are not true. I enjoyed my time at ___ and I'm taking on new challenges and advancing my career just like any regular Joe."

But if I left because I was angry, damn straight I'd stay silent on the matter and let the company's reputation burn while protecting any possibility of a good job reference.

Edited by Xavven

14 minutes ago, Xavven said:

If I left my company under GOOD conditions and it caused a rumor mill in the community, I'd be inclined to post something like, "hey, everyone! Just letting you know that I left on good terms and some of the rumors floating around about the working conditions are not true. I enjoyed my time at ___ and I'm taking on new challenges and advancing my career just like any regular Joe."

But if I left because I was angry, damn straight I'd stay silent on the matter and let the company's reputation burn while protecting any possibility of a good job reference.

That is exactly correct. There has been many times I wanted to burn a former supervisor for being a (insert despicable descrition here) but in the end it's just not worth it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.