"There's no easy way to say this."

Superfluous J

It seems there's nothing you can do to prevent a rumor mill from grinding away, when publicly leaving a semi-public role. The OP message is quite positive that they enjoyed working on KSP and feel good about the work they were able to do for it. True silence would be no OP posting, and guessing games about the silence breaking out, over time.

25 minutes ago, Xavven said:

If I left my company under GOOD conditions and it caused a rumor mill in the community, I'd be inclined to post something like, "hey, everyone! Just letting you know that I left on good terms and some of the rumors floating around about the working conditions are not true. I enjoyed my time at ___ and I'm taking on new challenges and advancing my career just like any regular Joe."

But if I left because I was angry, damn straight I'd stay silent on the matter and let the company's reputation burn while protecting any possibility of a good job reference.

Well I guess that's it, then. Irrefutable proof that Squad is the devil and those devs left in a rage of holy water and insults. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Well I guess that's it, then. Irrefutable proof that Squad is the devil and those devs left in a rage of holy water and insults. :rolleyes:

Well, then I invite the devs who left to quell this rumor. I doubt it's a violation of their NDA to say, "Squad is a great company to work for. Don't read too much into our exit. You can put the rumor mill to rest."

I imagine it'll only be in time we'll find out as much as possible as to what happened.  And how it truly affects KSP

3 hours ago, GluttonyReaper said:

That's an... interesting choice of words. I mean, I knew there'd been a lot conspiracy theories surrounding all this, but I didn't think they'd taken that direction. :P

Well, I needed something to refer to them and "recently departed" is what came to mind.  Despite the mention of cake and the homicidal situations often associated with promises of cake, I imagine all the "recently departed" are still alive.

But has anyone seen them?

ancient-aliens-guy-im-not-saying-its-ali

4 hours ago, Jacke said:

the recently departed is still going to continue modding.

There is a distinct possibility that Sarbian is in fact a zombie ( so I guess not so recently departed ), but he's not letting a little thing like that stop him modding.

I'm glad I caught the autocorrect before it changed that to "modelling"

8 minutes ago, Van Disaster said:

I'm glad I caught the autocorrect before it changed that to "modelling"

Hee hee hee!! :D

Is he pretty? Does anybody know? 

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Beautiful. I'd drink his bathwater.

Yep, nothing to see here, move along. Everything's super.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Xavven said:

Well, then I invite the devs who left to quell this rumor. I doubt it's a violation of their NDA to say, "Squad is a great company to work for. Don't read too much into our exit. You can put the rumor mill to rest."

I doubt they will do so. 

No one created a warrant canary either. 

6 months from now we will only remember this event because of someone's signature tag reference. 

5 minutes ago, monstah said:

Wow, haven't seen that in a long time. Has it been transcribed or recorded? :)

The last few before that were hosted by NathanKell with other devs as guests (Mu, Arsonide, TriggerAU IIRC), pretty good development stuff.

On 10/5/2016 at 6:00 PM, Mycroft said:

Ok, cool. This makes me wonder how they got deleted now. I will believe you. I just wonder now why and how other posts were deleted, if no moderators touched it. Ideas?

All I can say is, I smell a rat, and I don't like it. I thought only the moderators could delete posts. The thought that others can delete posts as well is, frankly, frightening.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?

You should look at the traxxas forums if this frightening to you. Now THAT'S censorship.

On 7/10/2016 at 5:20 AM, KerbMav said:

I - kerbit, there is no way to capitalize I for emphasize - do.

Really? I do

Is that enough....?

And I disagree... you do NOT .... you merely want, to satisfy your deviant desires... :)

Actually.... just remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen,....

Not sure WHICH thread to post this in.. I know the moderators are trying to limit the number of new threads on this topic...

BUT this one takes the opposite view of what has already been said... WE HAVE OUR ANSWERS..... so I ask this topic NOT be merged with any others...

This is what the devs said.....

submitted an hour ago by NathanKellRSS Dev/Former Dev

All good things must come to an end, and so it is for us. It is time for each of us to move on from Squad. Kerbal Space Program is an incredible game and has truly been a joy to create. We have greatly enjoyed working together with such a tightly-knit, professional, and talented development team, and with such a wonderful community. Over the last update cycle we’ve taken KSP to new heights and achieved great things with such a small team. We’ve finished work on update 1.2 and when Squad releases it, it will be a product of which we can be truly proud. We hope you share that opinion and we hope you enjoy playing it as much as we loved creating it.

Thank you all for the incredible community support. So long, and thanks for all the snacks!

Signed, in no particular order, your Kerbal developers Mike (Mu), Bill (Taniwha), Nathanael (NathanKell), Sébastien (Sarbian), Jim (Romfarer), Brian (Arsonide), Chris (Porkjet), Nathan (Claw)

OK.... lets take it bit by bit...

All good things must come to an end, and so it is for us.

Even at the end, their venture was a GOOD one... they said it themselves....

It is time for each of us to move on from Squad.

Nowhere in that sentence was it said they quit!

Kerbal Space Program is an incredible game and has truly been a joy to create. We have greatly enjoyed working together with such a tightly-knit, professional, and talented development team, and with such a wonderful community.

If they quit... then would it have been a joy to work on? Would it have been a joy to work together... in a tightly knit professional and talented development team?

We’ve finished work on update 1.2 and when Squad releases it, it will be a product of which we can be truly proud. We hope you share that opinion and we hope you enjoy playing it as much as we loved creating it.

Clearly, here are the answers... they said they have FINISHED work on 1.2 and the implication is that their contracts are now up... surely, had they quit, they would have done so before 1.2 was completed? The implication here is, and confirmed by one other, that the contracts were due to end when 1.2 was completed....

OK, so clearly there was no conspiracy, no one quit, no one is angry... they left having said nothing but good things about the developers, Squad and the community... would they have said that if they had quit? No, they would either have said NOTHING.... or at the very least, allowed a hint of their anger to flow through... but it never did... because there was no anger....

Its time to end the constant speculation, the conspiracy theories and assumptions... and take what the devs said in their message at face value.... and move on.

BTW, the post the team made is very similar to the ones anyone makes when they leave the employ of a company... even moderators here have made similar posts when leaving the forum moderating team... I never once heard that they were pushed... or quit....

With 1.2 being released in a few days time... lets leave this behind and move on... all we can do is wait for Squad or the Devs to post... IF they do... if they don't ... BIG DEAL.... 1.2 is nearly here... its time to enjoy that and leave the nasty stuff behind... right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.