"There's no easy way to say this."

Superfluous J

7 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Really? I do

Is that enough....?

And I disagree... you do NOT .... you merely want, to satisfy your deviant desires... :)

Actually.... just remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen,....

Yeah, "I" might suffice. :wink:

But do not tell me whether or not I wish to bask in the radiance of one of my  apostle's face! :D

I am just generally curious to see the people I interact with, if even only one directional (reading posts, hearing during casts etc).

Speaking of which, was there ever a "face reveal" of @KasperVld ? I think I have seen every dev at some point, but not him. Regretfully I missed the last Gamescom - mere 30km from my place - and then he left, so no chance to meet that cool cheese chunk (Käsehäppchen). :kiss:

Edited by KerbMav

10 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Not sure WHICH thread to post this in.. I know the moderators are trying to limit the number of new threads on this topic...

BUT this one takes the opposite view of what has already been said... WE HAVE OUR ANSWERS..... so I ask this topic NOT be merged with any others...

This is what the devs said.....

...[snip]...

OK, so clearly there was no conspiracy, no one quit, no one is angry... they left having said nothing but good things about the developers, Squad and the community... would they have said that if they had quit? No, they would either have said NOTHING.... or at the very least, allowed a hint of their anger to flow through... but it never did... because there was no anger....

Its time to end the constant speculation, the conspiracy theories and assumptions... and take what the devs said in their message at face value.... and move on.

BTW, the post the team made is very similar to the ones anyone makes when they leave the employ of a company... even moderators here have made similar posts when leaving the forum moderating team... I never once heard that they were pushed... or quit....

With 1.2 being released in a few days time... lets leave this behind and move on... all we can do is wait for Squad or the Devs to post... IF they do... if they don't ... BIG DEAL.... 1.2 is nearly here... its time to enjoy that and leave the nasty stuff behind... right?

Having been an IT manager for several years, and working in a professional career for even more, I can tell you this is standard boiler-plate language and is not necessarily something to take at face value. Even when we fired one of the worst employees we've ever had (he was truly incompetent and his coworkers knew it), we wrote a cordial announcement complimenting his work and thanking him for his time with the organization, wishing him the best in his future endeavors, etc. Just because you were a bad fit for us doesn't mean you are a horrible person and must lose face and dignity in front of all your coworkers when you're shown the door.

The same is true if you quit -- you never send a bridge-burning hate letter to your ex-employer. You want a good reference for your next job or not?

Actually, wait, we have had people leave with a bridge-burning letter and guess what -- they get the "yes, this person worked here from x date to y date. Aside from verifying dates of employment, it is our policy not to discuss the work performance of former employees - yada yada" line when employers call for work references, and we let them read between the lines and take that as a negative reference.

Public relations, management, and job stuff in general is anything but face-value.

11 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Speaking of which, was there ever a "face reveal" of @KasperVld ? I think I have seen every dev at some point, but not him. Regretfully I missed the last Gamescom ...

Kasper appeared on a number of Squadcasts, I looked through the archives and the one that popped out was audio-only; but I'm sure he's "out there" somewhere.

18 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Its time to end the constant speculation, the conspiracy theories and assumptions... and take what the devs said in their message at face value.... and move on.

You are free to end the speculation. Others can decide for themselves. Trivializing the matter will not help anyone.

Edited by Camacha

One aspect to this is that those that left were well know to the community as well respected modders, long term devs, or both.  Due, in no small part, to the fantastic way they interacted so well with us all here on the forums.  Had they been equally talented, but less familiar staff members then I suspect the impact on the community would have been noticeably less, if it got announced at all, and the resulting 'debate' less heated even though the effect on Squad would have been the same. 

Think of it like a rock band, if the singer or lead guitarist quits its far bigger news than if the drummer or bassist leaves, even though they all had equal talent and creative input.  The band just gets a new one and carries on, and the difference in material and style gets noticed only when the next album is released, it's no better or worse than before, maybe  just a bit different to what it would have been had the lineup not changed.

On 8/10/2016 at 3:07 AM, KerbMav said:

Yeah, "I" might suffice. :wink:

But do not tell me whether or not I wish to bask in the radiance of one of my  apostle's face! :D

I am just generally curious to see the people I interact with, if even only one directional (reading posts, hearing during casts etc).

Speaking of which, was there ever a "face reveal" of @KasperVld ? I think I have seen every dev at some point, but not him. Regretfully I missed the last Gamescom - mere 30km from my place - and then he left, so no chance to meet that cool cheese chunk (Käsehäppchen). :kiss:

I seem to recall a photo of him ... a very long time ago... or many my imagination is playing tricks on me...

What you can do is search out his name and go through his posts... any that might contain a photo of him...

But be advised... doing that... so much effort.... might be taken by many Courts, worldwide, as a form of stalking... LOL. :)

21 hours ago, Sirad said:

Heard of it once. Didnt get it now, has something to do with sinking ships, forgot about the correct term arrrrr

Not sure what you're talking about... but is it: Lose lips sink ships?

:)

On 9.10.2016 at 1:39 AM, kiwi1960 said:

Not sure what you're talking about... but is it: Lose lips sink ships?

:)

Hehe real interesting that one was an old one from WW2. But i rather was more one the leaving (insert your preferred rodent) sheme

1 hour ago, Sirad said:

Hehe real interesting that one was an old one from WW2. But i rather was more one the leaving (insert your preferred rodent) sheme

Like rats leaving a sinking ship, or perhaps, like bailing out of the crew capsule when you realize you forgot the parachutes.

Edited by beelzerob

On 11/10/2016 at 7:53 AM, beelzerob said:

Not to be a jerk, but it's "Loose" lips.  Losing lips sounds painful. 

Forgive me, I have M.S. and with it, M.S. double vision, FireFox catches the typos by underlining them in red, but "lose" isn't actually a typo.

Having said that... is it wrong? "loose" is the longer version... you loose your keys.... you let lose a horse.... not sure now. Been so long since I went to school.

OH, and added to the fact that some words in the USA (if that is where you are) have been killed off in the quest to Americanise all words...

Lose now also doubles for loose ... maybe.... I don't know about American spelling any more... I have given up on it... its strange. :)

59 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Forgive me, I have M.S. and with it, M.S. double vision, FireFox catches the typos by underlining them in red, but "lose" isn't actually a typo.

Having said that... is it wrong? "loose" is the longer version... you loose your keys.... you let lose a horse.... not sure now. Been so long since I went to school.

OH, and added to the fact that some words in the USA (if that is where you are) have been killed off in the quest to Americanise all words...

Lose now also doubles for loose ... maybe.... I don't know about American spelling any more... I have given up on it... its strange. :)

Lose is to misplace something

Loose is the opposite of tight (a loose screw)

In your examples you had them backwards.

1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

Don't worry, I'm not defending American English...everyone knows it's arbitrary. :)  

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

What is the topic? It doesn't seem to match the tread title...?

The topic is the departure of the named developers from Squad. The thread title I (begrudgingly because I prefer more descriptive titles myself) copied from the title of their reddit post.

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

The topic is the departure of the named developers from Squad. The thread title I (begrudgingly because I prefer more descriptive titles myself) copied from the title of their reddit post.

Ah, I understand now. As I also posted that Reddit link on a previous thread about the release. While I am concerned about so many rock-et stars (ugh, the bad puns come so naturally to this thread) departing Squad at one time, I can't help but wonder about the future of the company. Maybe Squad will become what us children of the late 1970s and 1980s call the "one hit wonder" - they'll be known for KSP and not much else.

KSP still has a lot of life in it and a lot of potential. It also has too broad of a vision when it comes with what they want to do. Already there was a mistake amde - talking about 1.3 before they've released 1.2. This was the same error they made when they released 1.1 was releasing at the same time an intent to release 1.2. 

To work with Squad is probably very demanding and I am pretty sure that some of those that departed were hired by Squad for short term purposes, such as 1.2 debugging. While many of them are valued members of the community, to see them all walk away from Squad without any sort of official Squad explanation is sad and confusing to many of us. Do they need to give some explanation to the community? No. Should they offer some reasoning? Probably so.

13 hours ago, beelzerob said:

Like rats leaving a sinking ship, or perhaps, like bailing out of the crew capsule when you realize you forgot the parachutes.

Rrrrrrrrright. If youre not in the Boat until the water gets in....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.