5thHorseman

"There's no easy way to say this."

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I don't know about that. I'm just saying, 70 replies in and this thread hasn't even been looked at sideways. I strongly suspect that's because we're all awesome and have kept it civil. Perhaps the thread/post you saw was inflammatory and was removed for that reason.

You're not meant to say that, it wakes the trolls (and argumentative people) from their slumber!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Binho said:

At least Roverdude is still there

My brain had already decided he was gone.  Had to re-read the original post to correct myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of what happens (im not going to be pessimistic as i just dont have any hard evidence to point that way), at least i have KSP 1.2 on my HDD and i be (in the extremely unlikely event that KSP does fall apart), modders will keep developing the game.  This is exactly what happened with an old flight sim i still play on occasion, technically the game has been completely discontinued but some enthusiasts still improve it through unofficial patches...

 

That said, ive gotten way more then my money's worth out of the game and im still very happy with its state, so at the least ill be able to keep 1.2 beta around (once its on my HDD it stays on it and gets placed on my 5 backup drives i keep in basement)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

Regardless of what happens (im not going to be pessimistic as i just dont have any hard evidence to point that way), at least i have KSP 1.2 on my HDD and i be (in the extremely unlikely event that KSP does fall apart), modders will keep developing the game.  This is exactly what happened with an old flight sim i still play on occasion, technically the game has been completely discontinued but some enthusiasts still improve it through unofficial patches...

 

That said, ive gotten way more then my money's worth out of the game and im still very happy with its state, so at the least ill be able to keep 1.2 beta around (once its on my HDD it stays on it and gets placed on my 5 backup drives i keep in basement)...

I wouldn't worry about 1.2 not getting a release.  But I'm not counting on much of anything beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gaarst said:

Yeah, kind of weird to leave all of a sudden when part overhauls and modding expansions seemed to be big parts of 1.2/1.3.

I think they will continue their (awesome) work as modders still. Leaving Squad != leaving KSP.

I don't mean to sound rude, but name one former dev who is still active on the forums or maintaining mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this looks like the entire dev team, except maybe 1 or 2, are leaving! Could 1.2 be the last version to be released? I don’t want it that way, there are sooooo many planned updates I look forward to, that will now never happen! ;.;;.;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zoidos said:

I don't mean to sound rude, but name one former dev who is still active on the forums or maintaining mods.

I'm not talking about the "historic" KSP devs, but the old-time modders that were hired by Squad recently, for 1.1 or 1.2 (NecroBones, NathanKell, TriggerAu, Sarbian, Klaw...). They all have been involved in the modding community for a long time, and I doubt they will just vanish leaving their mods abandoned.

Edit: NecroBones is not cited in the leaving staff, so considering his awesome work on texturing in his mods, the retexturing is not dead yet.

Edited by Gaarst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, then. I guess RSS and RO are done forever.

Would I even play this game again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nerfclasher said:

@Claw did you leave?

Yup, he was one of the signees of the departure post.  Interestingly, both him and Taniwha (who also left) joined the dev team during the 1.1 development period, sometime around when 1.0.5 was released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, then. Small change in this case. I give it another year, and this game is dead, forum and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First the SpaceX rocket early September... Now this... Everything I love is crumbling apart =[[

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dombi said:

First the SpaceX rocket early September...

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FALCON 9!? :0.0:

Edited by Matuchkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matuchkin said:

Okay, then. Small change in this case. I give it another year, and this game is dead, forum and all.

If that happens a massive unofficial forum will spring up in its place, complete with Wiki and mod portal. We already have the mod portal part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Okay, then. Small change in this case. I give it another year, and this game is dead, forum and all.

This community will long outlast the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 5thHorseman said:

If that happens a massive unofficial forum will spring up in its place, complete with Wiki and mod portal. We already have the mod portal part.

Yes, but what about the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matuchkin said:

Yes, but what about the game?

It's not going anywhere.  It's not just going to disappear from your computer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matuchkin said:

Yes, but what about the game?

If it ends with 1.2 and we get decades of mods?

I'm cool with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matuchkin said:

Yes, but what about the game?

Turns out hundreds, nay, thousands of games have finished development with little to no world-ending catastrophe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matuchkin said:

Yes, but what about the game?

 That's what I'm wondering because we don't have the  source code 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.