Thank you for everything and good luck!

UomoCapra

As many of have probably heard, Mike (Mu), Bill (Taniwha), Nathanael (NathanKell), Sébastien (Sarbian), Jim (Romfarer), Brian (Arsonide), Chris (Porkjet) and Nathan (Claw) decided to part ways from Squad. You can see their goodbye announcement in the following link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/55vozd/theres_no_easy_way_to_say_this/

We want to sincerely thank you for all the hard work, dedication, and time you’ve invested in of KSP. You’ve been an important part of a talented team of professionals that have helped develop the game throughout the many years that it has taken to make it, since its humble origins at Squad offices back in 2011. We can’t thank you enough and we wish you the best for your future endeavors.

Squad has seen many changes since we began the KSP quest, but the foundations, the vision and passion that made the game possible in the first place hasn’t changed and it will continue to guide us in the future. Squad, the creator of the game, its team, alongside with the newcomers and collaborators, will continue making this the greatest game it can be.

Thank you all for your support and stay tuned for more news!

Thank you all devs that are leaving, best of luck. You are all awesome.

But now we have Roverdude, Nightingale and... who else?

mfw reading this:

UD1bnuS.gif

Edited by Crabman
    Edit: Added nightingale

I'm trying not to be too worried about this, but who is left on the development side at this point? I was thrilled that all of those talented modders were being pulled in to work on the base game, so this is startling.

Just now, Crabman said:

It's kind of strange they leave one week before release. Who will fix the bugs until there? We only have Marco Salcedo, Roverdude and Nightngale left, I think

Or is the release in one week because they left?

8 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

With Porkjet gone what about those revamped rocket parts?

I think we already got everything we're going to get from that.  Now we know why they released those parts separately.

Edited by klgraham1013

*Jaw drops* Such a mass exodus is not reassuring, but I suppose after 1.2 the game should be pretty much fixed and 'done.' At least there does seem to still be some staff manning the mission control consoles. WIll the last one out please remember to turn off the lights?

31 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

With Porkjet gone what about those revamped rocket parts?

My guess is that Porkjet's vision for the revamped parts won't be used. That's too bad, I've been having fun making my KR-1 knockoff, and it's been a great learning experience. Perhaps SQUAD will hire new in-house artists and we'll eventually see a rocket parts revamp.

Here's the thing that bothers me... in the past when Devs leave, they don't rejoin the community.  They disappear completely.  I'm not aware of any devs who left Squad and then continued to participate on here.  That's problematic now, because this particular crop of individuals ran some pretty pivotal mods (Mechjeb, RSS)... what will happen with those?  Are these guys unpersoned like previous departures, or is development of MJ and RSS going to continue?

@sarbian @NathanKell @taniwha??

A short moment of euphoria at the release announcement... and it's gone.

I think you guys need to expand your lil job ad on the forum to clarify they're (very!) short-term positions only (not so much of a 'career'). And perhaps seriously rethink your 'Remuneration based on regional standards' policy...

Yeah this does not sound good at all. Feels like Claw and especially Sarbian just started work at Squad. Seeing all these faces go all of a sudden, before the official release, things do not sound right.

#wheelsarestillbroken

#RIPhopesforlifesupportstock

21 minutes ago, MaxPeck said:

Here's the thing that bothers me... in the past when Devs leave, they don't rejoin the community.  They disappear completely.  I'm not aware of any devs who left Squad and then continued to participate on here.  That's problematic now, because this particular crop of individuals ran some pretty pivotal mods (Mechjeb, RSS)... what will happen with those?  Are these guys unpersoned like previous departures, or is development of MJ and RSS going to continue?

@sarbian @NathanKell @taniwha??

RO is managed by @stratochief66 so you're good there. In fact most of RO/RSS is open/crowd sourced already, so we're good. As for Mechjeb, I'm surprised @sarbian lasted as long as he did with that whiny, entitled community. Kudos to him.

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

I think we already got everything we're going to get from that.  Now we know why they released those parts separately.

40 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

My guess is that Porkjet's vision for the revamped parts won't be used. That's too bad, I've been having fun making my KR-1 knockoff, and it's been a great learning experience. Perhaps SQUAD will hire new in-house artists and we'll eventually see a rocket parts revamp.

Yup, it does appear we now know why the "Porkparts" were released separately.  Unless Porkjet plans to finish them himself and release a version as a mod, we won't see the rest of them.

I've been going through the devotes for 1.1 when it was still in development, and on at least two occasions it was mentioned that Porkjet was starting or continuing the planning for the rocket parts overhaul, so it WAS going to happen at some point...not any more, unless someone else picks it up.

As for who's still there, Roverdude and Nightingale are (though Roverdude is truly a remote contractor, he has a big thing going on aleady with his USI suite of mods), and on the QA/dev side there is TriggerAU and sal_vager.