[1.8 - 1.9.x] Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science (NEOS) (0.9.1)

micha

11 minutes ago, Vaga said:

If I know the proper class to tell it to ignore for 

name = NehemiahInc

Then it should be a simple fix. Contracts configurator is where I am excluding it.

Assuming that 'name' refers to the contract agency, then the name should be "Nehemiah Engineering"  ...\GameData\NehemiahInc\NE_Science_Common\Agencies\Agents.cfg

Looks like I might have been wrong.  I was looking through another mod " M.O.L.E. " by Angle125 and found this and it seems like it might be the one making the contract.

EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
{	
	id = WBIEmptyExperiment
	title = Slot available for an experiment

• 1 month later...

Hi Micha and thanks a lot to keep this mod alive. I have some trouble to put back experiments in the crate. I can grab and attach it, run it, finalize... when i grab experiment (g) and trying to put them into open inventory, my mouse cursor seem to stay "behind" inventory window and not detecting it. Am i missing something ?

Sorry for the poor english.

1 hour ago, Project-2501 said:

Hi Micha and thanks a lot to keep this mod alive. I have some trouble to put back experiments in the crate. I can grab and attach it, run it, finalize... when i grab experiment (g) and trying to put them into open inventory, my mouse cursor seem to stay "behind" inventory window and not detecting it. Am i missing something ?

Sorry for the poor english.

Hi Project-2501,

Could you provide a bit more information  please, specifically, which experiments are you trying to run? I'm guessing KEES (the ones you attach to the external carrier).

Attaching and detaching the experiments is all handled by KIS (Kerbal Inventory System), which  is a different mod. Could you please provide the version number of KIS which you have installed? I believe there's a new  version being made which may not be compatible  with NEOS (I haven't tried it yet; very busy with Real Life, but I'm hoping to get some time next week to review the current state of play and do any updates if necessary).

Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod though!

- Micha.

First abvove,Thanks for such a quick answer.

I'am using NEOS (and yes the kees experiment which you attach on vessel)   0.7.2, KAS 0.6.4.0 and KIS 1.14.

I just realized that i can't put back in inventory ANY items (mods's items and stock part) Everything work fine but when i slide object in inventory the windows doesn't detect it, cursor is behind inventory window without interact with it. I'll try my luck on KIS forum

Greeting

Here a screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kM6IkjpUwDsc24GLyeLhiprKQOF0AwOe/view?usp=sharing

I just run a fresh version with only kis, kas, and NEOS installed with CKAN on latest version of ksp. Same issues  i begin to think that i missed something here....

Edited by Project-2501
Test

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@micha

Support for Mk2 Pod from StockExpansion?

// Mk2 Command Pod
@PART[Mk2Pod]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion]:FOR[OrbitalMaterialScience]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = Kemini_Module
		abbreviation = Kemini Science Experiment
		minimumCrew = 1
		NE_LabEquipmentSlot
		{
			type = KEMINI
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ExperimentStorage
		identifier = Kemini 1
		chanceTexture = false
		type = KEMINI
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ExperimentStorage
		identifier = Kemini 2
		chanceTexture = false
		type = KEMINI
	}
}

@PART[mk1pod]:HAS[@MODULE[Kemini_Module]]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion]:AFTER[OrbitalMaterialScience]
{

!MODULE[Kemini_Module] {}
	!MODULE[ExperimentStorage],* {}
}

// -------------------------------

// -------------------------------
// Mk1 Command Pod
@PART[mk1pod]:NEEDS[!SquadExpansion]:FOR[OrbitalMaterialScience]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = Kemini_Module
		abbreviation = Kemini Science Experiment
		minimumCrew = 1
		NE_LabEquipmentSlot
		{
			type = KEMINI
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ExperimentStorage
		identifier = Kemini 1
		chanceTexture = false
		type = KEMINI
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ExperimentStorage
		identifier = Kemini 2
		chanceTexture = false
		type = KEMINI
	}
}

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

@micha

Support for Mk2 Pod from StockExpansion?

Great stuff, thank you! But why do you remove the Kemini experiments from the Mk1 pod if Making History is installed?

EDIT: Also, what about the other MakingHistory pods?

Edited by micha

3 hours ago, micha said:

Great stuff, thank you! But why do you remove the Kemini experiments from the Mk1 pod if Making History is installed?

EDIT: Also, what about the other MakingHistory pods?

Oh, I assumed that the Mk1 pod was supposed to be a stock stand in if there wasn't an Mk2 analog. Feel free to ignore it.

The MakingHistory pods are (their part names anyway):

- kv1Pod (aka KV-1 'Onion' Reentry Module)

- kv2Pod (aka KV-2 'Pea' Reentry Module)

- kv3Pod(aka KV-3 'Pomegranate' Reentry Module)

- Mk2Pod (aka Mk2 Command Pod)

- MEMLander (aka Munar Excursion Module (M.E.M.))

Three on the left don't have RX wheels, but have Abalator, an integrated decoupler and seat 1, 2, 3 kerbals respectively. The Mk2 and MEM both seat 2.

Eepk0WU.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI, in the 1.5.0 update the new Mk1 pod does not have Kemini slots; a fix for this will be coming "soon" (*) along with fixes for a number of recently reported issues/tweaks.

Existing missions should still be using the old Mk1 pod so should be fine. Haven't exhaustively tested yet, but it -appears- the rest is still functional. If you find any issues, please let me know here or on the GitHub bug tracker. Anything non-obvious will need log files and please try to reproduce with a minimal number of other mods.

Spoiler

(*) If you can't wait, just update the MM-patch in GameData/NehemiaInc/Kemini/pod_mk1.cfg and change line 1:

@PART[mk1pod]

to

@PART[mk1pod*]

7 hours ago, dlrk said:

I probably missed this somewhere, but are the experiments biome/body dependant? Like are all these just Kerbin-orbit experiments?

I'm finding that they are body-dependent.  I can perform the experiments in orbits around the different moons and planets, at least in my GPP career save.

48 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Alright, thanks. I suppose the realistic thing to do would just be to do them in Kerbin orbit though.

Certainly to start.  In my career game, I'm getting contracts to perform these experiments in orbit of Gael's moons.  I suspect that more will come when I find other planets.

Edited by Brigadier

KSP 1.4.5, NEOS 0.7.2

When I'm in the VAB and trying to add KEES experiments to the Mk1 Command Pod, I have to click the "Add Experiment" button twice to the selection dialog.  Removing takes only one click.  Anyone else getting this behaviour.

And, is there any reason why the loaded experiments don't persist after a revert from the launch?

Edited by Brigadier

36 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.4.5, NEOS 0.7.2

When I'm in the VAB and trying to add KEES experiments to the Mk1 Command Pod, I have to click the "Add Experiment" button twice to the selection dialog.  Removing takes only one click.  Anyone else getting this behaviour.

Same here. It`s not only the MK1. It happens at all pods.

18 hours ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.4.5, NEOS 0.7.2

17 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Same here. It`s not only the MK1. It happens at all pods.

I can't repro; even went so far as to unpack a clean 1.4.5 from my archives and install NEOS from CKAN to ensure I'm running the current build.

Any other mods installed which might interfere with the UI?

And I'm guessing you guys meant "Kemini", not "KEES" ;)  If there's problems putting KEES items into inventory then that is down to KIS, nothing to do with this mod.

18 hours ago, Brigadier said:

And, is there any reason why the loaded experiments don't persist after a revert from the launch?

Ah, that's something that's been bugging me too. I'm sure there's a technical reason, but I haven't investigated it. I'll see if I can figure it out.

41 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I didn't think that the stock installation of NEOS added experiments to anything but the Mk1.  I'll have to check later tonight.

It adds Kemini to various other non-stock capsules as well. And the next version will add to the Mk2 pod from Making History. I'm still undecided whether to add Kemini to the various Vostok/Voskhod pods considering that they are supposed to be *Gemini* experiments.

Ok,. figured it out.

The "double-click" to add an experiment and the "why don't experiments persist on revert" are related.  And, in fact, the experiments -do- persist, just that when you get back into the VAB after a reset, the UI isn't initialised properly.  So it shows the slot as Empty, instead of containing the experiment, despite it actually containing the experiment.
The first click actually removes it, the second then adds it back.

So "double-click" is only on revert, not with a clean ship.

Will be fixed "Soon"(tm).

7 hours ago, micha said:

I'm still undecided whether to add Kemini to the various Vostok/Voskhod pods considering that they are supposed to be *Gemini* experiments.

Funnily enough, I ended up changing the pods Kemini applies to to those ones for my own playthrough to give me more reason to switch between the pods. I feel like the Vostok/Voskhod pods don't get anywhere near enough love. It would be cool if some experiments necessitated a choice between a command pod or a reentry module, if making distinctions between the larger groupings like that is at all possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.