[1.8 - 1.9.x] Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science (NEOS) (0.9.1)

micha

12 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

When I answered your post, there were only lines for your patch. Without comments to them. Since I don't speak English fluently, I guess I didn't quite understand what I was talking about. Sorry.

I know, that was my mistake, sorry.  I hope the updated post is more explanatory

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I know, that was my mistake, sorry.  I hope the updated post is more explanatory

Yes, thanks. I myself wrote individual patches (for example to the mods of Nertea and stock pods), so that these experiments were displayed and they can be carried out not only in an early career. Well, not flying really in MK1 on the Mun or a Minus?

Edited by Sokol_323

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

One thing I didn't think about was the Mk1 & Mk2 cockpits, which are designed for airplanes rather than spaceflight.

Ah, thanks, yes, that was the other reason - non-Pod command capsules.

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Either way, your decision, but could you include it as an optional patch (use PatchManager for that) if you don't incorporate it directly?

PatchManager?  I'll have to have a look into that.  I'll be happy to include your patch as an alternative but on reflection I don't think it's appropriate as default.

1 hour ago, micha said:

Ah, thanks, yes, that was the other reason - non-Pod command capsules.

PatchManager?  I'll have to have a look into that.  I'll be happy to include your patch as an alternative but on reflection I don't think it's appropriate as default.

Fair enough.

Would you be willing to add more individual, specific patches for 1 & 2 man pods in other mods?

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would you be willing to add more individual, specific patches for 1 & 2 man pods in other mods?

Absolutely; send me the list of pod names and/or individual patches and/or pull requests and I'll add them in. :)

There was a problem. When you run experiments in MEP-825, they appear in the lab context menu, but they do not work and their LabTime does not change. In addition, for both experiments exhibited the same time LabTime 1.0. In this case, the mod KAC the correct countdown to the end of the experiment, according to the information that is displayed in the Storage Manifest of each experiment. In IVA, the lab panel displays the experiment. Nothing appears on the platform, although as I remember from version 1.3.1 there should have been a tablet with materials, similar to what is installed and disclosed during the KEES experiment. If you will need screenshots, I'll post them. There are no problems with other laboratories, all experiments work correctly in them.

P.S. The status of the laboratory in the context menu:  idle. Why? The scientist is, the experiment is loaded and launched. But there is no movement. Therefore, you cannot complete and unload the experiment to start a new one.

P.S.S. Checked on a clean install with only the NEOS mod. Everything is the same: MSL-1000 and MPL-600 laboratories are working, MEP-825 laboratory is not working.

Posted about the problem on GitHub.

I also checked the work of the laboratory at 1.4.5. All the same, does not work.

Edited by Sokol_323

On 12/11/2018 at 4:58 PM, micha said:

Hi, Micha. I want to draw attention to the non-working MEP-825 module once again. As I already wrote above, experiments in the lab are loaded and not working. I checked how the mod version 0.7.5.16 works for the game 1.3.0.  It's okay. After loading the experiment, it is being prepared, after LabTime it is possible to run it, there is an animated image of loading the tablet with samples on the platform. Then begins the countdown of the experiment. This is also the algorithm I described before. As a test put this version of the mod on a clean install version of the game 1.5.1 and checked how it works. The mod works, but the lab MEP-825 just does not work, as in version 0.8.0, which comes under the game 1.5.1. I understand that the problem is not the compatibility of the mod, and in some internal codes of the mod. The rest of the laboratories work perfectly and without problems.

Edited by Sokol_323

Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. I'm stupid. Sprinkle ash on my head. :(

Delete the last two messages because it's nothing. Everything works great. Just need to carefully read the descriptions of the experiments and their dependencies, when you load them in the VAB. For those who do not quite understand what it was and did not repeat my mistake. Experiments in the MEP-825 laboratory are subject to the following conditions: the orbital station must include the MEP-825 laboratory and one of the two MPL-600 or MSL-1000 laboratories. And in each of the laboratories must be present at least one scientist. I did so and everything worked. Just need to carefully read the description. And it is a pity that this information is not in KSPedia, there would be fewer questions. Sorry again, and forgive me for the extra chatter. As an apology, a screenshot of my orbital station KSS Universe aka Russian orbital station MIR (in Russian transcription MIR - it means the world, the universe). I only ask to apologize me still that replaced external models from the NEOS fashion with a stock look from Squad. So the station looks more harmonious, especially given the fact that it is actually built on the basis of mods from Nertea.

http://3ztf.png

http://3zte.png

SO I have a weird problem - before I go crazy with log files I'l just ask:

I have an issue with the KV1 pod (I assume it happens to the KV2 as well) and this mod. As soon as I go to launch, the KV1 simply pops off of its decoupler before I can even do anything.

If I remove the MakingHistory MM file from the Kemini file, this problem goes away.

Anyone heard of this?

On 12/21/2018 at 1:58 AM, Sokol_323 said:

Excuse me. 

Hey @Sokol_323

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Currently on holidays with spotty internet.

Glad you got it worked out and thanks for ghe detailed update. I'll see about expanding the KSPedia entry.

Cheers,

Micha.

11 hours ago, Frostiken said:

Anyone heard of this?

G'Day @Frostiken

No I haven't heard of this before.

Any other Mods? Logfiles? Ideally a save file with no other mod dependencies showing the issue.

Cheers,

- Micha.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the place to make suggestions or not, but here goes. I would like to be able to uninstall lab equipment...sure maybe it can't be re-installed, but you could then use a single module to do all of them. Also, I've got a suggestion for a new experiment..."foamed metal"...metal is brought to a molten state in micro-G, then a gas is bubbled through the liquid as it is cooled, to form a much lower density item with most of the structural strength of the original metal. After a few experimental passes, perhaps release a foamed metal processing unit to produce light weight panels and or tubes, on orbit, for bigger construction projects.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 8:34 AM, Brigadier said:

Might I suggest that the NEOS NETKAN file stop referring to Universal Storage 1 as a suggested mod because it's deprecated and replaced by US2?

Sure - as soon as I update NEOS to use US2.. ("soon") ;)
It's a shame though because I actually preferred US1, oh well.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:59 PM, Michel Bartolone said:

Not sure if this is the place to make suggestions or not, but here goes. I would like to be able to uninstall lab equipment...

Yeah, this is on my longer-term todo list of things to figure out but to be really useful it would also require more modularity for the equipment. Currently lab equipment is hard-coded into a slot in each lab.

But I'd also like to be able to swap out equipment in the future, especially if eventually more equipment becomes available. So noted here: https://github.com/mwerle/OrbitalMaterialScience/issues/36

As for adding new equipment/experiments, I'd love that, but it would need people who can model (I can't) to contribute.

20 hours ago, micha said:

Sure - as soon as I update NEOS to use US2.. ("soon") ;)
It's a shame though because I actually preferred US1, oh well.

Eh, turns out I added support for US2 some time ago; have just submitted an update to NetKAN.

Does the KEES Payload Container have some special functionality for KEES experiments or is it just an extra KIS container? The description implies some necessity to it, but there's no module glued on it that I see to differentiate it. Am I missing something or just being paranoid? Thanks for the awesome mod!

1 hour ago, DungeonMaestro said:

Does the KEES Payload Container have some special functionality for KEES experiments or is it just an extra KIS container? The description implies some necessity to it, but there's no module glued on it that I see to differentiate it. Am I missing something or just being paranoid? Thanks for the awesome mod!

I believe the first version of KEES did not use KIS, hence the custom carrier. These days the KEES PC is just a KIS container, there's no need whatsoever to use it if your Craft has alternative KIS storage (you can even "cheat" and cram the KEES parts under your pilots' seat...)

Thanks go to @N3h3mia for creating it; I'm just holding the torch until his return :)

1 hour ago, DungeonMaestro said:

If the KIS mod is installed, it is enough to load something from the KEES items into the inventory of each team member in the VAB. The only limitation is the volume: one kerbonaut will be able to carry out only one experiment or stand for it. All that is then necessary is to go into orbit and engineer to fix the stand on the outer hull. Tablets with experiments can be installed and run by any team member. For these purposes, you will also need KAS mod. You can look at my pictures of the station above: the farm has these stands and one of the experiments. All this was brought to the station by the crew of the visiting expedition.

21 hours ago, micha said:

I believe the first version of KEES did not use KIS, hence the custom carrier. These days the KEES PC is just a KIS container, there's no need whatsoever to use it if your Craft has alternative KIS storage (you can even "cheat" and cram the KEES parts under your pilots' seat...)

Thanks go to @N3h3mia for creating it; I'm just holding the torch until his return :)

Thanks! I remember back in ancient times KEES contracts would act strangely for me without using that specific container. Glad to hear that isn't a thing these days.

Hold that torch high my Kerbal!

44 minutes ago, DungeonMaestro said:

Thanks! I remember back in ancient times KEES contracts would act strangely for me without using that specific container. Glad to hear that isn't a thing these days.

Ah yes, even though the PC effectively was a KIS container, KEES contracts would look specifically for that part and no other KIS containers when returning experiments. I fixed that quite a long time ago now though.

22 hours ago, micha said:

KAS has not been a requirement for a very long time now..

Since KAS is a must-have mod for me, I've never tried attaching these parts without it. On the other hand, why do we need engineers on the ship if they won't do anything?:lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.