[1.8 - 1.9.x] Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science (NEOS) (0.9.1)

micha

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Yes, it works in 1.6.x as the title stated.

I only edited the title after the question - I had updated the dev thread but forgot this one. :)

Edited by micha

On 10/23/2018 at 8:20 AM, TeddyBearBonfire said:

Oh nice, didn't think you'd be fussed about intermod compatibility—that's cool. I made a bunch of saves while messing with it. I tried with POSA1, with PPMD, and just out of curiosity I tried the Kemini (not KEES) TEST experiment too. Kemini's TEST works fine, but neither KEES completes if Kerbalism was installed while the experiment was done.

Hey @TeddyBearBonfire, you'll be pleased to hear that the Kerbalism devs will add have added code to resolve this in their next release. Details on their bugtracker in this issue.

Edited by micha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, Frostiken said:

SO I have a weird problem - before I go crazy with log files I'l just ask:

I have an issue with the KV1 pod (I assume it happens to the KV2 as well) and this mod. As soon as I go to launch, the KV1 simply pops off of its decoupler before I can even do anything.

If I remove the MakingHistory MM file from the Kemini file, this problem goes away.

Anyone heard of this?

I am having this exaxct same issue...

With this mod installed, my Pea pod just falls off of my rockets on the launch pad. I too have the Making History DLC installed.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:23 PM, Dropbear67 said:

I am having this exaxct same issue...

With this mod installed, my Pea pod just falls off of my rockets on the launch pad. I too have the Making History DLC installed.

Thanks, I've just confirmed it myself as well. No idea what's happening there..

EDIT: Nothing in log files, nothing in config files. Really no idea. Will just have to disable the Soviet-style pods from Kemini unless someone comes up with more information.

Edited by micha

1 hour ago, Dropbear67 said:

might have something to do with the inbuilt de-coupler on these soviet pods not registering as an attachment point .. or something .. 

What I mean is, there's nothing in the Config which modifies anything like that, nor in the associated PartModule code.  The only thing which might get modified is the weight of the capsule, but I think the Kemini  lab is weightless anyway. In either case KIS modifies the weight as well and the capsules work fine with that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 5:31 PM, micha said:

Hey @TeddyBearBonfire, you'll be pleased to hear that the Kerbalism devs will add have added code to resolve this in their next release. Details on their bugtracker in this issue.

Nice! Just got back into KSP after a few months absence, so its great to come back to progress on two of my favourite mods. :)

EDIT: CKAN claims the two are actually in direct conflict, prohibiting me from installing both Kerbalism (3.0.2) and NEOS (0.8.0). The little extra info with both checked on trying to quit CKAN is viewable here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y4XpFCr6Slag9lkgWvJTFhhkyjZGB48A 

Will try a manual installation and see if all appears well, if it's maybe just a misidentified conflict. In reality, it's probably my fault for coming back to the game. I think my presence in KSP is the antagonising factor :P

EDIT 2: Well, I can confirm that the fix for that old issue definitely works despite this supposed incompatibility. I installed NEOS via CKAN and manually installed Kerbalism 3.0.2, and all seems to be working so far. No idea what the nature of the conflict actually is so far. 

Edited by TeddyBearBonfire

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im planning to add this mod as it gives stations true purpose, my question is regarding kerbalism. I use the latest version as well as ksp 1.7.2 and all the dlc, so what recommendations do you have? I do use a 2 outdated parts mods, but sinve this isn't a parts mod im unsure what to expect. 

On 6/12/2019 at 3:50 AM, TeddyBearBonfire said:

EDIT 2: Well, I can confirm that the fix for that old issue definitely works despite this supposed incompatibility. I installed NEOS via CKAN and manually installed Kerbalism 3.0.2, and all seems to be working so far. No idea what the nature of the conflict actually is so far. 

Thanks, I'll update the metadata again then.  Sorry, I've been really busy IRL so haven't had a chance to follow-up on this.

@The-Doctor I have no experience with Kerbalism myself, but apparently the issue we had with it has been resolved (I know the devs implemented a fix, I hadn't kept up to see whether they'd released a new version with the fix in it yet, sorry).

Genereally NEOS works with most mods, it only runs into trouble with some mods which modify the science system in some way because NEOS has its own science system to implement long-running and multi-step experiments.

I'm part-way through an update which fixes some niggling issues (such as the "Reset Experiment" button on the experiment results dialog) as well as better KAC integration but struggling to find time to finish it right now.  That said, the current version should work just fine with KSP1.7.x.

@micha I installed the mod for the latest version of ksp, and all parts are showing but not the science experiments for this mod, I was checking the kspedia entry to understand how to play with this mod and noticed the experiments it says I have to install I can't find anywhere in the game, note I have kerbalism installed. Is this a bug/problem on my end or was the mod changed in recent updates that kspedia doesn't show? The KEES orbital sample assemblies etc show, but not the kemini d5,d7, d8, d9, or msc3 experiments.

@micha I installed the mod for the latest version of ksp, and all parts are showing but not the science experiments for this mod, I was checking the kspedia entry to understand how to play with this mod and noticed the experiments it says I have to install I can't find anywhere in the game, note I have kerbalism installed. Is this a bug/problem on my end or was the mod changed in recent updates that kspedia doesn't show? The KEES orbital sample assemblies etc show, but not the kemini d5,d7, d8, d9, or msc3 experiments.

I installed the mod for the latest version of ksp, and all parts are showing but not the science experiments for this mod, I was checking the kspedia entry to understand how to play with this mod and noticed the experiments it says I have to install I can't find anywhere in the game, note I have kerbalism installed. Is this a bug/problem on my end or was the mod changed in recent updates that kspedia doesn't show? The KEES orbital sample assemblies etc show, but not the kemini d5,d7, d8, d9, or msc3 experiments. @micha

21 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Kemini are no physical parts. They can be added to some pods (rightclick in VAB to the Pod and then "Add Experiment"). Normally they have 2 Slots for this Experiements. But not every Mod-Pod is supportet. You can make a custom config for every mod.

Example (config from NEOS):

//---------------------------------- FASA Gemini Pod ------------------------
@PART[FASAGeminiPod2|FASAGeminiPod2White] <<- change this to the partname of the pod you want to add
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = Kemini_Module

abbreviation = Kemini Science Experiment
        minimumCrew = 1

NE_LabEquipmentSlot
        {
            type = KEMINI
        }
    }

Below are the slots. You can add more slots or reduce to one slot if you want.
    MODULE
    {
        name = ExperimentStorage
        identifier = Kemini 1
        chanceTexture = false
        type = KEMINI
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ExperimentStorage
        identifier = Kemini 2
        chanceTexture = false
        type = KEMINI
    }
}

For me I made over 20 other Gemini-Experients.

24 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

but not the kemini d5,d7, d8, d9, or msc3 experiments.

Lol; once is enough ;)

The Kemini experiments don't show up in the parts list.  You have to right-click on a supported capsule (for example the Mk1) and "Add Experiment" to it. This is clearly shown in the KSPedia page "Adding Kemini Experiments to your Craft".

It's only basic capsules which support Kemini, since it's supposed to mimic the early days of Spaceflight (specifically Gemini) but there's a variety of stock and mod capsules which do.

Eh, sniped by @Cheesecake, took too long to verify the KSPedia!

PS. I'm happy to add more experiments and/or capsule configs to Kemini.  It does make for a lot of very easy science though..

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get the KEES experiments to work. I can install them using KIS just fine but when I right click the experiment, it has 2 buttons, "debug dump" adnd "start experiment". When I click the Start Experiment button, The experiment opens, it says status: ready, the buttons remain unchanged, and the exposure meter appears but does not increase. When I click the start experiment button again, it replays the opening animation but nothing changes. Please advise.

Thank you

On 7/13/2019 at 6:19 PM, L0rdDaniel said:

I can't get the KEES experiments to work. I can install them using KIS just fine but when I right click the experiment, it has 2 buttons, "debug dump" adnd "start experiment". When I click the Start Experiment button, The experiment opens, it says status: ready, the buttons remain unchanged, and the exposure meter appears but does not increase. When I click the start experiment button again, it replays the opening animation but nothing changes. Please advise.

Thank you

Please read the OP (Original Post) on this topic and the topic linked below.  Providing the information suggested in these posts will help others help you.  Not providing it probably won't stop people from trying to help but since you the one asking and everyone else volunteers their time, it's nice to make it as easy as practical for them to do so.  Doubly so for the mod author.

It sounds as if the install is not correct.  Not knowing which versions of KSP and this mod you have installed really inhibits starting a good diagnosis for you.  How did you install them: Manually or via CKAN?

A screenshot showing the problem may be of use, too.

Edited by Brigadier
Grammar

On 7/14/2019 at 10:19 AM, L0rdDaniel said:

it has 2 buttons, "debug dump" adnd "start experiment".

As @Brigadier mentioned, we need more information to even start diagnosing your issue. But the biggest thing is that you seem to have installed a development/beta version and not the current release. For support with beta versions, please use the Development Thread, but since the latest full release there's no active beta at the moment.

KSP: 1.7.3 PC 64bit

Problem: I can't get the KEES experiments to work

Mods Installed:

Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science 1.7.3.

Reproduction Steps:

I can install them using KIS just fine but when I right click the experiment, it has 2 buttons, "debug dump" adnd "start experiment". 

When I click the Start Experiment button, The experiment opens, it says status: ready, the buttons remain unchanged, and the exposure meter appears but does not increase. When I click the start experiment button again, it replays the opening animation but nothing changes.

Log:

•  

6 hours ago, Bobomir said:
KSP: 1.7.3 PC 64bit

Problem: I can't get the KEES experiments to work

Mods Installed:

Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science 1.7.3.

Reproduction Steps:

I can install them using KIS just fine but when I right click the experiment, it has 2 buttons, "debug dump" adnd "start experiment". 

When I click the Start Experiment button, The experiment opens, it says status: ready, the buttons remain unchanged, and the exposure meter appears but does not increase. When I click the start experiment button again, it replays the opening animation but nothing changes.

Log:

•  

Well, (and trying not to sound condescending) simply repeating, word-for-word, a previous problem report in a different format doesn't add any useful information.   Please re-read the How To Get Support (READ FIRST) topic and post a link to your log file and perhaps a screenshot illustrating your problem.

Is there even a NEOS v1.7.3?

Edited by Brigadier

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Is there even a NEOS v1.7.3?

No, guessing a copy-paste error.  The current version is 0.8.1 and is a should be a release build, which means that the "Debug Dump" button is should not be visible.  Turns out this "feature" seems to be enabled. Hmm. (For those interested, it just writes the current status of the KEES experiment into the game log file).

Regardless, the experiments work. They take time though, which is clearly stated in the docs and the KSPedia.  KEES - Running Experiments : "Go and perform other missions or have a cup of tea!") - argh! I completely forgot my tea! It's been brewing for 2 hours or so now! *sigh*

Anyway, I just tested on a brand new install and it all works (excepting the "Debug dump" button being enabled for KEES).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.