[1.8 - 1.9.x] Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science (NEOS) (0.9.1)

micha

4 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Just noticed the POSA II experiment has the description for the POSA I. Using the NehemiahIncSciencePack_0.2_beta_1.zip files.

Thanks; fixed. (The two experiments actually share the same description apart from the name..)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, strudo76 said:

When doing the KEES experiments, I need to transport them in the PEC, but does the PEC need to return to Kerbin, or can I just bring the results back?

You can transport KEES experiments in any KIS-compatible container, you don't need the PEC.

You can transmit the results, but if you're wanting to recover the science or complete the missions you need to return the "finalized" experiments.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, could you liaise with the author of [x] Science, and have your experiments excluded from the here and now notifications? The author is currently working on a new release so timing is perfect. I suspect you'd only need to supply the experiment ID's for the ones that need to be excluded.

On 20.7.2017 at 0:36 AM, strudo76 said:

Also, could you liaise with the author of [x] Science, and have your experiments excluded from the here and now notifications? The author is currently working on a new release so timing is perfect. I suspect you'd only need to supply the experiment ID's for the ones that need to be excluded.

Somehow x-Science (or was it Automated Science Sampler) managed to aquire KEES experiments way before i was in orbit... known issue?

4 hours ago, chateaudav said:

Found Incompatibility with PartOverhauls (experiment slots in mk1 capsule disappear)

That`s because the overhauled MK1 capsule has another part-name.

You can search the part-name and put it in an existing .cfg of Nehemia in path GameData\NehemiahInc\Kemini\.

Example (believed the name of the new part is mk1pod2):

@PART[mk1pod|mk1pod2]
{

MODULE
    {
        name = Kemini_Module

abbreviation = Comand Pod mk1
        minimumCrew = 1

EquipmentSlot
        {
          NE_LabEquipmentSlot
          {
            type = KEMINI
          }
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
      name = ExperimentStorage
      identifier = Kemini 1
      chanceTexture = false
      type = KEMINI
    }
    MODULE
    {
      name = ExperimentStorage
      identifier = Kemini 2
      chanceTexture = false
      type = KEMINI
    }
}

Or copy this .cfg, renamed it and change the mk1pod to mk1pod2.

4 hours ago, chateaudav said:

Found Incompatibility with PartOverhauls (experiment slots in mk1 capsule disappear)

49 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Example (believed the name of the new part is mk1pod2):

Actually the name of the PartOverhauls pod is mk1podNew (case sensitive). Put that into the file as CheesCake suggests.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:54 PM, chateaudav said:

Can you add it in CKAN and update the metadata to make it compatible with ksp 1.3 ? Thanks

Already been in progress; will have to catch up with the CKAN guys to see what needs doing.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:36 PM, strudo76 said:

Will have a look; I also use [x] Science and never had an issue, but perhaps I have the notifications turned off. It's been ages since I actually had time to play :(.

On 7/23/2017 at 6:47 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

Actually the name of the PartOverhauls pod is mk1podNew (case sensitive). Put that into the file as CheesCake suggests.

Thanks for helping out; I can certainly add the proposed MM config.

The Kemini experiments show up in X Science like this

Hn9fDjw.png

This is using the latest beta 2

EDIT: Actually I think that's a KEES experiement. The Kemini experiments don't show in the X Science list

Edited by strudo76

14 hours ago, strudo76 said:

The Kemini experiments show up in X Science like this

This is using the latest beta 2

EDIT: Actually I think that's a KEES experiement. The Kemini experiments don't show in the X Science list

Hmm, thought I fixed the localisation bug.

Regardless - what's the issue with the experiments showing up in X-science? I mean, that's what X-science is for...

1 hour ago, micha said:

Regardless what's the issue with the experiments showing up in X-science? I mean, that's what X-science is for...

It's a bit inconvenient when you want to time warp an experiment and X-Science keeps stopping the time warp every time the biome changes. Not such an issue now that X-Science includes a handy button to disable stopping time warp. Still presents a slight issue if there is other science still to collect that you do want to stop the warp warp for though.

???  What if you want to use x science to timewarp for kees though?  Or is there something I'm missing here. As in, is there an actual bug or issue,  or is it just an inconvenirence for your particular playing style? 

8 minutes ago, micha said:

???  What if you want to use x science to timewarp for kees though?  Or is there something I'm missing here. As in, is there an actual bug or issue,  or is it just an inconvenirence for your particular playing style? 

More an inconvenience.

As an example, if I'm running the POSA experiment in LKO, the POSA experiment shows in the X Science "Here and Now" window and will stop at every biome transition, for the entire duration the experiment is running. In order to timewarp through a KEES experiment, you either need to restart the timewarp at every biome change, or disable X Science from stopping timewarp (which is pretty simple now that the Here and Now window has a toggle button to disable timewarp stops, so it's far less inconvenient)

Generally I think X Science is designed to alert the player that there is science available to be recorded. It's a bit irrelevant for KEES, since they require the player to to active steps to set them up, and the "Here and Now" window doesn't even display the KEES experiment until they are placed into the experiment carrier anyway. At that point I think the player would be aware they need to run that experiment.

I don't actually have a problem with them being in X Science any longer. It is handy to see them in the main X Science listing. Initially I thought the time warp stopping could be an issue, but now that the Here and Now window has the buttons to disable the timewarp and sounds, it's really not a problem. I just wanted to report the names displaying incorrectly.

@Z-Key Aerospace I think I know what @strudo76 means now. The NEOS experiments are only location-aware (space-low, space-high, etc), not biome-specific. So if X-science stops warp every time the -biome- changes then yes that is something I should try to stop.  Can you provide an example of how to fix that, and is it something I need to do to NEOS, or something you would need to do to X-science?

@Z-Key Aerospace I think I know what @strudo76 means now. The NEOS experiments are only location-aware (space-low, space-high, etc), not biome-specific. So if X-science stops warp every time the -biome- changes then yes that is something I should try to stop.  Can you provide an example of how to fix that, and is it something I need to do to NEOS, or something you would need to do to X-science?

I saw an example post in Science [X] thread for getting it to ignore certain experiments But I saw a follow up comment that might suggest it doesn't work. I've not tested it, but at least it gives you a point to start from *shrug*

Edited by wile1411

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

I hit "pause research" but there's still nothing. There's nothing else that looks Nehemia.

I'm not at home (and I'm assuming you are using a KEES experiment..

That out of the way - the order I remember is you wait for the experiment to finish its exposure time up to 100% of whatever number it has. Once that is done, you right click the experiment and close the KEES experiment. From there you right click the experiment again and will get the 'finalise the experiment' button.

What order did you do things - and importantly - did you get the full exposure time of the experiment complete?

2 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

I'm not at home (and I'm assuming you are using a KEES experiment..

That out of the way - the order I remember is you wait for the experiment to finish its exposure time up to 100% of whatever number it has. Once that is done, you right click the experiment and close the KEES experiment. From there you right click the experiment again and will get the 'finalise the experiment' button.

What order did you do things - and importantly - did you get the full exposure time of the experiment complete?

That would do it. I screwed it up a little. By the way, I was using Kemini, not KEES (a button click instead of a part, the D5 in particular).

Trying to test it on the launchpad, I actually started the experiment on the launchpad. I expected an error prompt or something, but it actually started. I paused it, but it showed no button to "discard research". It had accumulated 0.1 "labTime" by then.

I was playing with Kerbal Construction Time and didn't want to build it again, so I used the KCT "Recover Vessel" feature, turning it back into a .craft file. I then edited it to try and reset the experiments. When I clicked on the D5, the button was labeled "remove" but it brought up the new experiment prompt - consistent with a partially completed experiment I guess. I replaced the D5 there, and replaced the D8 as well for good measure.

Then I built it again, launched it to Low Kerbin Orbit, and started research. I noted that the 0.1 labTime from the launchpad wasn't gone.

Ah well, now I sound dumb. "Complex mod interaction followed by volumes of user error" it is. Sorry to bother you.

28 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Then I built it again, launched it to Low Kerbin Orbit, and started research. I noted that the 0.1 labTime from the launchpad wasn't gone.

Ah well, now I sound dumb. "Complex mod interaction followed by volumes of user error" it is. Sorry to bother you.

Not at all - I went through the same process to work it out as well. Aren't we all are Kerbals at one time, learning as we go? :):P 

Haven't used KCT, but can understand the reluctance to wait for it to be built again. *tick-tick-tick-tick*

I've found most of the experiments are great as set-and-forget missions for the Kerbs to do while passing time on a space station. I rarely timewarp an experiment, but if you're testing - hyperediting up to orbit will help a lot with working out the details of this mod pack.

All kudos to @micha for their efforts in keeping this pack going. I find this addition a lot of fun.

Edited by wile1411

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.