How to Edit a Mods source

So I had recently made a dissucsion on How to edit mods beacuse I was hoping that a mod would update and someone had redirected me to this page. I had messaged the creator of the Biodomes and Stanford Tourses mod and sadly he was no longer maintaing the mod and adding updates. Some one had a reply as 

With luck, if the source code for a plugin is available on the web under an open-source license, you can just clone the project and recompile against the latest binaries.

With less luck, you'd need to edit the source code to match the newer API, and edit module configurations in case the underlying modules were also changed.

With no luck, the source code either isn't on the web, or it's under an ARR (All Rights Reserved) or similar copyright license which forbids forking and redistributin

And then some one had told me I sould start a dissucssion on this page. If anyone would explain on how to edit mods or their source codes I would appricate it.

This is the Mod I was hoping to edit

Thanks,

6 minutes ago, Kerbol101 said:

Sorry I posted the wrong link,  If anyone would mind looking at the mod and testing it.

So are you asking for someone to update the mod for you or are you wanting to learn to do it? If you don't know c# it's not something you can just hop into unless you have some coding/programming background. Even then there is a lot to learn. It's not as easy as say,  editing a cfg file. There isn't really anything anyone can post on here to help you learn it immediately. It's a long process. I'm a web developer and it took me almost 2 years to figure out how to use html, Javascript, Ruby,  etc.  I am currently trying to learn c# and I have been trying for about 2 months now. I still couldn't even throw together the simplest mod if I wanted to.  Compiling mods to work with the current version is fairly easy but it's not always guaranteed to work. Hope this shines some light on the subject for you

Sorry, I was wondering if anyone wondering if anyone experiencedin this domain would take a look at it. I was also hoping to learn it. I knew it was a long prosses so I was wondering if anyone would look at it. I am learning how to edit and 3d model diffrent things but coding and computer progarming is not my strength. I do apologize if theres any typos, I do tend to type really fast resulting in mispelled words/bad grammar. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.