Part Suggestion: Remote Soil Sampler

I did a brief search and didn't see this suggested, but I would like to see a stock part that can be put on rovers that lets you take remote soil samples.  I haven't found a mod that does this either.  I remember there was one a long time ago in the alpha days.  It even had an animated scooper thing when it took a sample.  Sadly, that mod dropped out of existence a long time ago, and as far as I know, there are no mods that add remote soil sampling function.

On 10/6/2016 at 5:16 PM, NJC2 said:

I did a brief search and didn't see this suggested, but I would like to see a stock part that can be put on rovers that lets you take remote soil samples.  I haven't found a mod that does this either.  I remember there was one a long time ago in the alpha days.  It even had an animated scooper thing when it took a sample.  Sadly, that mod dropped out of existence a long time ago, and as far as I know, there are no mods that add remote soil sampling function.

There are mods for that.  Unfortunately, it takes about two years for developers to implement most reasonable and popular (and not in any way controversial) ideas/feature in stock game.  So, see you in two years!

Edited by Tau137

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.