[1.2] Training Laboratory

Efour

Integrated with one thread with Field Training Facility.

SpaceDock Link : http://spacedock.info/mod/971/Training Laboratory

Source Included in zip file.

VGwKrJn.png

This mod works 1.2 only.

This mod adds training center at laboratory. Paying science point, Gets kerbal experiences.

Dependency : ModuleManager for adding training center to stock lab

It consumes 20 sci point for 1 exp as default. you can change this value editing .cfg file. If vessel is in space, Sci consuming halves as default. you can change it. If vessel is on other planet, Sci consuming becomes 1/4 as default. you can change it too.

Just right-click your lab with crew, and you can see how to use it.

Level indicator of this mod is not exactly same with current kerbal level. because this mod adds training to kerbal and concerns only progress of training, So if kerbal with many other experience and no training will be shown as level 0. because training level is zero.

Edited by Efour
Tested on 1.2 release.

Looks interesting. If I'm reading the code right this takes the training cost from your "banked" science rather than the science generated in the lab. I've finished the tech tree and have turned on the "patent licensing" strategy to convert science into funds so I'm not generating any new banked science. It would be nice to have an option to take from the generated science instead of the banked total.

22 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Looks interesting. If I'm reading the code right this takes the training cost from your "banked" science rather than the science generated in the lab. I've finished the tech tree and have turned on the "patent licensing" strategy to convert science into funds so I'm not generating any new banked science. It would be nice to have an option to take from the generated science instead of the banked total.

21 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Maybe a better way is to have 'Training' as a resource that is slowly generated by the lab until it hits 100% at which point you can expend it on leveling someone up?

I think this thing will be answer. Training Facility consuming only time and EC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.