So, is KSP dying?

Clockwork13

Before this thread turns into a hate train, I'm not saying that KSP as a game is dying, I'm saying that people who have worked on the game such as modders and developers are leaving and not getting replaced, or not as far as I'm aware.

Anyways, this is pretty sad. If it keeps up, development could eventually be forced to stop, although I doubt that will happen any time soon.

It's normal for developers to come and go.  Kudos to them for stating until 1.2 was mostly finished.  They still have a number of developers, in fact, they have more total developers now than at the beginning of the year.

Please drop this, since the topic has been beaten to death in other forums and threads

KSP is not dying..

Seriously dude, asking if KSP is dying isn't helping at all.

Just be happy atleast that we still have 1.2.

As mentioned previously, drop this. It's going to be blocked by moderators anyways

The devs who left were temporary contractors or remote personnel; Squad seems to be shifting to a more local dev team. If you check out this week's Squadcast, UomoCapra is in a room jam-packed full of the new developers working hard on 1.2 AND 1.3. So, no. Not dying.

KSP is not dying anymore than any software eventually gets to a point there's only so much can be done. If you wish to discuss the recent dev departure there are plenty of other threads to choose from, closing this one.