Donate a save file

DMagic

I'm looking for someone to give me a stock, career, 1.2 save file with an extensive Comms network.

I'm looking for something with both lots of vessels, several dozen at least, and separated networks, that is, networks of vessels that are in contact with each other, but not Kerbin.

This would be helpful for testing something that I'm developing. :kiss:

11 hours ago, DMagic said:

I'm looking for someone to give me a stock, career, 1.2 save file with an extensive Comms network.

I'm looking for something with both lots of vessels, several dozen at least, and separated networks, that is, networks of vessels that are in contact with each other, but not Kerbin.

This would be helpful for testing something that I'm developing. :kiss:

The new scenario has quite a lot of relays, although I'm not sure if it's the amount you want/need.

Sadly the scenario seems to have no vessels with science containers (either the new probe science container or command pods/MPLs) which is what I need on at least some of the vessels. Though I suppose I could use the scenario as a starting point and just cheat a handful of vessels into orbit.

Edited by DMagic

4 hours ago, DMagic said:

Sadly the scenario seems to have no vessels with science containers (either the new probe science container or command pods/MPLs) which is what I need on at least some of the vessels.

You asked for vehicles in a comm network, not for vehicles with science containers...

Gee, I guess I should have realized that assuming there would be at least a few command pods in a save file with "several dozen" vessels, and isolated networks, (which would be basically useless without Kerbals somewhere in the mix to control things), would merit note.

So you like the surprise factor of somebody else handing out his save file for you to experiment with? (Wouldn't the spacecraft exchange be more suitable place for this?)

Or you just hate the early career like I do and you want to jump ahead?

Alt+F12 (or R-shift+F12 on linux) "Dunno for Mac PS or xbox"

Step1:Cheat yourself money and science.
Step2:Create your satellite and/or any other desirable vessel.
Step 3: Edit your orbit SMA and inclination to match equatorial orbit to match geostationary orbital period. 2868km up or something.
Step 4: Repeat process for any number or variety of vessels you want in orbit from the get go and the result is profit.

I can't help you. I don't yet have a 1.2 career save with enough of a relay coverage to suit your needs. What I do know is that everybody plays on different difficulty settings. While I'm sure you could edit those saves it is unlikely these people play on the same settings you desire. Since your likely willing to edit that savegame to your needs anyway it seems best to create your favored setup of satellites yourself then asking for somebody elses savegame.
If I had such a save I'd give it to you, but that just isn't the point really as I shouldn't need to.

Edited by Vaporized Steel

1 hour ago, Vaporized Steel said:

Or you just hate the early career like I do and you want to jump ahead?

If I had such a save I'd give it to you, but that just isn't the point really as I shouldn't need to.

If you'd been around a bit longer, you'd realise @DMagic is a mod author, and not another gamer intent on cheating his way out of the early career game..  there's also a clue in the last sentence of his post.

The point is that by utilising other people's saves, he will have "real-world" test examples to help debug his latest venture. If he's building the test cases himself, it won't be a thorough test of his work.

Developers can't help but build test-cases to suit their development work as they have an innate knowledge of their work. So while they are well-placed to test edge-cases and standard usage scenarios, they won't test the esoteric uses which the real world will throw at their work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.