[1.12.x] IndicatorLights Community Extensions v1.6.2: Compatibility patches for IndicatorLights

Snark

23 hours ago, SkiRich said:

@Snark @Tonka Crash Thank you for the direction indicators.  Very handy.

Where it would be better served is if you can add them to the MKS construction docking ports which use directionalality extensively for welding two ports together.

While I havent seen this in action yet (just updated the mod) from the picture on the RegDocking port and the Sr Docking port above I'm guessing up or zero is the single green light while down or 180 is the three green lights.

On the MKS ports that would be opposite.  You may want to adjust that so there is consistency in all the ports.

There was already a patch in this collection for the MKS construction ports, with directionality.  Does it no longer work?

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

There was already a patch in this collection for the MKS construction ports, with directionality.  Does it no longer work?

@DStaal The MKS ports work fine.  I posted that comment before actually trying this out.  The screenshot I based my comment on from Tonka was posted but was old and not the current iteration of the patch.

What I did find was StationPartsExpansionRedux stepping on the regular docking port directional patch.

I fixed dockingPort2 with a MM patch, but in the process needed to modify the cfg from the community patch to exclude StationPartsExpansionRedux so no directionality for me on that one port.

Thats on my list to fix as well, but at the moment I just want to play a stretch of the game before modding again.

When I have some time I'll fork the patch and send a pull request to make it all work.

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

When you guys mention MKS ports are these the same as USI Konstruction ports or something else? I don't install MKS but do use USI Konstruction. I never added Konstruction ports to the port direction patch for the reason I outlined above. If the patch worked for Konstruction it was unitentional.

1 minute ago, Tonka Crash said:

When you guys mention MKS ports are these the same as USI Konstruction ports or something else? I don't install MKS but do use USI Konstruction. I never added Konstruction ports to the port direction patch for the reason I outlined above. If the patch worked for Konstruction it was unitentional.

There is a specific file dedicated to MKS called ... \IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions\patches\IndicatorLights_MKS.cfg

While its not directional in the sense of your patches per se, it includes the snap function with a forth led turned on when snap is turned on, so yeah its directional, but maybe not like the ones you built.

Thats perfect. Thats exactly how that should work for the Konstruction ports.

• 6 months later...

It appears some of the capsules don't show their crew indicators lights in Restock mod. I didn't check them all but the Mk2 doesn't have them. Same for the KV1, KV2 and KV3. The Mk1- 3 seems to have them. Maybe it is not a bug, maybe it is by design. Just wanted to report my findings.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.