[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Snacks! - Friendly, Simplified Life Support

Angelo Kerman

• 1 month later...

I have an existing career Kerbalverse I want to add a light life support mod to it.  Snacks Continued looks about right for the level of Tamagachi I have in mind.

I downloaded to test and it looks like it installed correctly.

HOWEVER, since this is an existing Kerbalverse, I'm wondering what happens to the Kerbals I have in far off and distant locations to which I can't really just instantly transport snacks to.  Is there a way to initially give them some supplies to start them off?

Edited by pquade
grammar fix

35 minutes ago, pquade said:

I have an existing career Kerbalverse I want to add a light life support mod to it.  Snacks Continued looks about right for the level of Tamagachi I have in mind.

I downloaded to test and it looks like it installed correctly.

HOWEVER, since this is an existing Kerbalverse, I'm wondering what happens to the Kerbals I have in far off and distant locations to which I can't really just instantly transport snacks to.  Is there a way to initially give them some supplies to start them off?

I don’t remember how I set things up. I suggest you make a copy of your existing save and install Snacks. It might add snacks to your craft when you visit them 

4 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

It’s not on ckan...:(

It is.  But mine is showing 1.4.2 as the max version available, so if you are only showing mods that are listed as compatible with 1.4.3 or 1.4.4, then it won't show up. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running into an issue where Snacks are consumed at a far higher rate that normal if you are time-warping with the craft loaded. This occurs if both Snacks and MOLE are installed; Snacks alone does not do this.

I'm using KSP 1.4.5 with the Making History DLC, Snacks 1.10.0 and MOLE 1.15.6 (along with everything in MOLE's Game Data folder). No other mods are installed.

Testing methodology:

• Launch new sandbox; default settings.
  • Select Stock Resource
  • In the VAB, select the Mk1 command pod. Load an occupant
  • Click the Snacks button; note that it says there is a 17-day supply.
  • Launch craft and cheat into a high orbit; I set it at 2,500,000
  • Click Snacks button, confirm it reads 17 days
  • Warp for ~5 days - I used one tick down from highest warp level. Stop warp and check Snacks

Expected result: that there should be ~12 days left.

Actual result: there is ~8 days left. Nine days of snacks were consumed in a 5-day period.

It is unknown if warp level affects consumption rate.

Link to the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/om7u8bgxf4z3jkj/Snacks Issue KSP.log?dl=0

3 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I'm running into an issue where Snacks are consumed at a far higher rate that normal if you are time-warping with the craft loaded. This occurs if both Snacks and MOLE are installed; Snacks alone does not do this.

I'm using KSP 1.4.5 with the Making History DLC, Snacks 1.10.0 and MOLE 1.15.6 (along with everything in MOLE's Game Data folder). No other mods are installed.

Testing methodology:

• Select Stock Resource
  • Warp for ~5 days - I used one tick down from highest warp level. Stop warp and check Snacks

Actual result: there is ~8 days left. Nine days of snacks were consumed in a 5-day period.

Link to the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/om7u8bgxf4z3jkj/Snacks Issue KSP.log?dl=0

Hm, does this happen without MOLE? I don't see the connection...

4 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Testing methodology:

• Select Stock Resource

19 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok I've followed the steps above and my Mk1 command pod claims that there is 32/50 Snacks remaining and about 11 days left. I time-warped 5 days.

Could it  be the random snacking Kerbals can do? It was a setting the last time I checked. Maybe the RNG just has them snacking a bit more often sometimes for Bombaatu?

Edited by Krakatoa

• 4 weeks later...

The soil converters seem to be misconfigured. I'm running Snacks version 1.10 installed via CKAN, configured for kerbals eating 1 snack/day and soil converters to work at 100% efficiency. I'm currently looking at the Snacks\ModuleManagerPatches\MM_Stock.cfg file. In the comments, it says "Given the dynamic nature, the input/output ratio is ALWAYS set to 0.00004630,  which gives a daily input/output of 1.00008 per day. The recycler will then adjust the input/output ratio based upon RecyclerCapacity and recycler efficiency." However, I have noticed two problems with this:

Firstly, the input/output ratio seems to actually be set to 0.000034723, which gives a daily input/output of only 0.75 per day.

Secondly, it seems like the soil converter input/output is never actually multiplied by the crew capacity. I tested this in-game by slapping a few solar panels on a Hitchhiker and timewarping for long amounts of time. When 4 kerbals are on board, the soil converter cannot keep up with the amount of soil being produced, even with a max level scientist on board. In fact, with a max-level scientist on board (260% efficiency), the soil converter can only just barely support 2 kerbals. This means that the "baseline" production of the soil converter is 2 / 2.6 = 0.75 snacks/day. So despite the advertised capacity, a hitchhiker soil converter can in fact only support 0.75 kerbals at 100% efficiency!

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2018 at 7:49 PM, chaos_forge said:

a daily input/output of only 0.75 per day

Fun with integrals: "daily snacks" means the same as "snacks per day". Using both together multiplies them into "snacks per day, per day", or "snacks per day squared". Which is not a consumption, but an increase in consumption. :wink:

4 hours ago, Nicias said:

Has anyone tried the latest version with 1.5.x?

I installed it on 1.5.1 and it seems to be working. Parts are showing up and all but I haven't checked it deeply so it might have some bugs but from the first glance everything seems to work fine.

44 minutes ago, Vegetal said:

Just tried it for the first time today, but found no snack containers except the small radial one.

I'm uninstalling for now, but would be cool if I could have it working.

It would be cool to have some (actually any) useful information to help you troubleshoot your issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.