[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Snacks! - Friendly, Simplified Life Support

Angelo Kerman

6 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

It would be cool to have some (actually any) useful information to help you troubleshoot your issue.

Installed the mod. Didn't find snack containers in any of the tabs. Uninstalled it, thinking it could be a simple oversight by the dev, and posted here.

Not much else really. I have some mods installed, my KSP is 1.5 and....dunno, what else?

I could try it on a fresh install if it's just me having this issue.

9 hours ago, Vegetal said:

Installed the mod. Didn't find snack containers in any of the tabs. Uninstalled it, thinking it could be a simple oversight by the dev, and posted here.

Not much else really. I have some mods installed, my KSP is 1.5 and....dunno, what else?

I could try it on a fresh install if it's just me having this issue.

Fresh install for me shows all of the containers.

3 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Fresh install for me shows all of the containers.

Mmmm.....could it be a mod conflict? Gonna test later, if it works in my stock install, I'm gonna list the mods I'm using here.

EDIT: Ok good news, I installed it again on my modded install and it worked. I think something went wrong on the first time somehow, because the Snacks! toolbar icon was totally white, and now it's actually showing up. Just computers being computers I guess.

Edited by Vegetal

• 2 weeks later...

@Angel-125 I think there's a bug with Snack Processor, Science lab should only be using 30ec/s but when in flight it uses 1950ec/s. I feel like its basing its consumption of ECs per tick instead of per second. For now i just made a personal MM patch to compensate for this by dividing the input EC by 65

Edited by ensou04

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a mod called WalkAbout that allows you to spawn a Kerbal outside of the buildings around KSC.   Currently with WalkAbout and Snacks installed the Kerbal is spawned with 0/0 snacks.  Would it be possible to get a check for that? If the kerbal doesn't have the resource limit set at all give them one.

Also, now that snacks are 3 meals per day, do you think 1 snack for eva is still balanced?  Looking at the old mod features it had the following:

Kerbals on EVA take 1 snack with them. This should be enough for about 2 Kerbin days. Plan accordingly.

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

No, my dude. That is inconceivable. Share your logs. (Click the abort button in my sig to learn how)

Yeah, I have no idea. Basically, I removed the mod, started the game and saw the remote guidance units appear, then I added the mod back, and they're still here. I don't even know.

Edited by JTeam_

@Angel-125 Thanks for keeping this mod alive :) I have 2 questions:

1. Is it a good idea to add this to an existing save or not? 

2. Does the mod automatically add snack recyclers and producers to non-command crew space and science labs, respectively? I'm considering making my own Snacks config for SSPxR, and I'm wondering how much I'd need to do.

6 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Angel-125 Thanks for keeping this mod alive :) I have 2 questions:

1. Is it a good idea to add this to an existing save or not? 

2. Does the mod automatically add snack recyclers and producers to non-command crew space and science labs, respectively? I'm considering making my own Snacks config for SSPxR, and I'm wondering how much I'd need to do.

Adding a life support mod mid-game is dangerous business but can be done. It typically will add Snacks storage to all crew-baring parts. Just be sure to quickly and surely disable it so you have the freedom to design and cheat the necessary parts into your existing ships so nobody starves or dies.

SSPXr already has a Snacks config but the greenhouses need re-tuning and the Snack Grinder module is weird. It operates at 100x what is expected.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@RealKerbal3x You're saying the Snacks that are added to parts/craft already in-flight are inaccessible? You may have to write that off as a negligible issue and phase out/replace those craft at some point. But it's great that things are working. :)

No, it's just the tanks are locked. You know the little icon to the right of the green resource bar? It had a red 'no entry' style sign on it, but I was able to switch the resource flow back on by clicking that. It's a pretty minor thing.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Angel-125, I was trying to add tweakscale to the snacks containers, but I didn't manage. Could you advice me on how to do it, and maybe if it works, it could be merged?

Last thing I did, pretty sure it's fault of my bad modulemanager langage skills^

I added this (doesn't work) :

YMlPGAH.png

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, kurgut said:

I was trying to add tweakscale to the snacks containers, but I didn't manage.

The highlighted text should be on the same level as the PART {} node, not inside of it. For radial items, I would set type = free_square. MM stuff should be consolidated into its own config file and not buried and scattered in the config files for the affected parts. Finally, Tweakscale doesn't work quite right with Angel's modules. When it does work and you get more tank space, if you change the tank setting at any time after, the tank amount will reset (not scale). That leads to part abuse, gameplay balance breakage, and more unhappy players. :P I could have made, and wanted to make Tweakscale configs for several of Angel's mods already but this is why I did not.

Here's a Tweakscale config for all the parts in one of my mods https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/ThorTech/blob/master/GameData/DeepSky/ThorTech/Patches/dstt_TweakScale.cfg. Note the use of :NEEDS and of many part names, comma-separated. This makes it so the patch is only applied if Tweakscale is installed. If the patch actives without Tweakscale, it leads to the log crying out about undefined modules.

To get around the problem with Tweakscale and Angel's modules, I made a set of patches to turn all stock tanks into B9 Part Switch powered tanks with many storage options, but I have not released it because it will clash with other mods that affect the stock tanks or add tanks with the stock manufacturers and I have no intention to openly support that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.