Angel-125

[1.7.x] Snacks! - Friendly, Simplified Life Support

Recommended Posts

Is there a possibility to add the option so that Snacks calculates correct time remaining for snacks, when 24h is turned on in the KSP settings?

or did i miss the settings somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

Is there a possibility to add the option so that Snacks calculates correct time remaining for snacks, when 24h is turned on in the KSP settings?

or did i miss the settings somewhere?

Not yet but I can add that to the list for the next update along with the ability to faint for a full day (which, if you run out of snacks, means your crew will be continually napping).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Not yet but I can add that to the list for the next update along with the ability to faint for a full day (which, if you run out of snacks, means your crew will be continually napping).

Cool that would be awesome, i was a bit confused about duration at first, but then noticed the 24h was selected in settings.

also take into consideration to make nap time last until resupplying the affected ship, like i mentioned it earlier. (more options, more fun for diverse play styles)

of course only if that is easy implemented lol :D 

Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by dtoxic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys! I'm yet unsure where else to go with that, hehe.
I made some cfg's a while ago and have playing around with numbers and mod's at all to make a reasonable balance for the recycler-feature.

-- snip --

EDIT: see my repo for the latest version!

Feedback is very welcome, happy soil converting! :)

 

Edited by LatiMacciato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

hi guys! I'm yet unsure where else to go with that, hehe.
I made some cfg's a while ago and have playing around with numbers and mod's at all to make a reasonable balance for the recycler-feature. I created a folder called "ModSupport" and added these:

./GameData/Snacks/ModuleManagerPatches/ModSupport/MKS.cfg

  Reveal hidden contents


@PART[Tundra_RecyclingPlant]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
	//This is calibrated for 4 kerbals at 100% efficiency
	//when they consume 1 snack per meal and 1 meal per day. For your custom recycler,
	//Take into account the number of kerbals it should support along with the meals and snacks.
	//In game, the player can adjust the efficiency of the recycler from 10% to 100%.
	MODULE
	{
		name = SoilRecycler
		ConverterName = Soil Recycler
		StartActionName = Start Soil Recycler
		StopActionName = Stop Soil Recycler
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		UseSpecialistBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.2
		UseSpecializationBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.1
		ExperienceEffect = ScienceSkill
		EfficiencyBonus = 1.0
		RecyclerCapacity = 4
	 
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Soil
			Ratio = 0.0008
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 15
		}

		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Snacks
			Ratio = 0.0008
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
		}
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Soil
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 50
	}
}

 


./GameData/Snacks/ModuleManagerPatches/ModSupport/NearFutureSpacecraft.cfg

  Reveal hidden contents


@PART[utilityCabin]:NEEDS[NearFutureSpacecraft]
{
	//This is calibrated for 4 kerbals at 100% efficiency
	//when they consume 1 snack per meal and 1 meal per day. For your custom recycler,
	//Take into account the number of kerbals it should support along with the meals and snacks.
	//In game, the player can adjust the efficiency of the recycler from 10% to 100%.
	MODULE
	{
		name = SoilRecycler
		ConverterName = Soil Recycler
		StartActionName = Start Soil Recycler
		StopActionName = Stop Soil Recycler
		AutoShutdown = true
		GeneratesHeat = false
		UseSpecialistBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.2
		UseSpecializationBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.1
		ExperienceEffect = ScienceSkill
		EfficiencyBonus = 1.0
		RecyclerCapacity = 4
	 
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Soil
			Ratio = 0.0008
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 15
		}

		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Snacks
			Ratio = 0.0008
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
		}
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Soil
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 100
	}
}

 


./GameData/Snacks/ModuleManagerPatches/ModSupport/PlanetaryBaseInc.cfg

  Reveal hidden contents


@PART[KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g]:NEEDS[PlanetaryBaseInc]
{
	//This is calibrated for 4 kerbals at 100% efficiency
	//when they consume 1 snack per meal and 1 meal per day. For your custom recycler,
	//Take into account the number of kerbals it should support along with the meals and snacks.
	//In game, the player can adjust the efficiency of the recycler from 10% to 100%.
	MODULE
	{
		name = SoilRecycler
		ConverterName = Soil Recycler
		StartActionName = Start Soil Recycler
		StopActionName = Stop Soil Recycler
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		UseSpecialistBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.2
		UseSpecializationBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.1
		ExperienceEffect = ScienceSkill
		EfficiencyBonus = 1.0
		RecyclerCapacity = 4
	 
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Soil
			Ratio = 0.0008
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 15
		}

		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Snacks
			Ratio = 0.0008
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
		}
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Soil
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 100
	}
}

@PART[KKAOSS_LS_container_greenhouse]:NEEDS[PlanetaryBaseInc]
{
	//This is calibrated for 4 kerbals at 100% efficiency
	//when they consume 1 snack per meal and 1 meal per day. For your custom recycler,
	//Take into account the number of kerbals it should support along with the meals and snacks.
	//In game, the player can adjust the efficiency of the recycler from 10% to 100%.
	MODULE
	{
		name = SoilRecycler
		ConverterName = Soil Recycler
		StartActionName = Start Soil Recycler
		StopActionName = Stop Soil Recycler
		AutoShutdown = true
		GeneratesHeat = false
		UseSpecialistBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.2
		UseSpecializationBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.1
		ExperienceEffect = ScienceSkill
		EfficiencyBonus = 1.0
		RecyclerCapacity = 4
	 
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Soil
			Ratio = 0.0002
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 10
		}

		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Snacks
			Ratio = 0.0002
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
		}
	}
}

 


./GameData/Snacks/ModuleManagerPatches/ModSupport/XKOM.cfg

  Reveal hidden contents


@PART[SkyRangerFuselage]:NEEDS[XKOM]
{
	//This is calibrated for 4 kerbals at 100% efficiency
	//when they consume 1 snack per meal and 1 meal per day. For your custom recycler,
	//Take into account the number of kerbals it should support along with the meals and snacks.
	//In game, the player can adjust the efficiency of the recycler from 10% to 100%.
	MODULE
	{
		name = SoilRecycler
		ConverterName = Soil Recycler
		StartActionName = Start Soil Recycler
		StopActionName = Stop Soil Recycler
		AutoShutdown = true
		GeneratesHeat = false
		UseSpecialistBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.2
		UseSpecializationBonus = true
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.1
		ExperienceEffect = ScienceSkill
		EfficiencyBonus = 1.0
		RecyclerCapacity = 4
	 
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Soil
			Ratio = 0.0008
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  		}

		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 15
		}

		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Snacks
			Ratio = 0.0008
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
		}
	}

	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Soil
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 75
	}
}

 

 

Note:

  • First of all, these configs are free to use!
  • I hope it's ok that these modifications are reasonable after all, since mods shall improve the game at all.
  • standard rate (100% efficiency set)
  • I tried to follow the Hitchy settings and added some improvements on the mod parts, better parts, fancier looking, improved functionality
    i.e: the hitchy has 400 units snacks and 100 units max soil capacity means 4 units snacks to 1 unit soil in capacity
  • mod parts have a power usage at 150% (15 instead of 10 ratio) with a 4x higher soil convertion/recycling, but same capacity of soil
  • I made AutoShutdown = true just to make sure snacks do not waste into space or on the planet :)
  • "KKAOSS_LS_container_greenhouse" aka K&K Greenhouse Container has the standard rate like the Hitchy but no storage of snacks or soil so make sure you have these containers/parts

Feedback is very welcome, happy soil converting! :)

Way cool! Thanks for sharing these. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know since Snack! is MIT i could easily mod an ISRU but unsure how i should feel about my Kerbals consuming a mixture of Ore, Monopropellant, rocket fuel etc and .. well soil >.<

what came to my mind when i saw the recycler feature was the replicator from Star Trek haha :D

Edited by LatiMacciato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snacks 1.6.0 is now available.

- Plugin renamed to SnacksUtils to alleviate issues with ModuleManager.
- When kerbals faint due to lack of snacks, you now choose from 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, 2 hours, or a day.
- Snacks now supports 24-hour days in addition to 6-hour days. Time between snacking is calculated accordingly.

Edited by Angel-125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Angel-125 Thank you for picking up Snacks!

Best and simplest life support mod I have found.

I wanted to know if you had any plans in the works to introduce a smaller radial attach snack tank. That would be really awesome for my smaller resupply crafts to use.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

@Angel-125 Thank you for picking up Snacks!

Best and simplest life support mod I have found.

I wanted to know if you had any plans in the works to introduce a smaller radial attach snack tank. That would be really awesome for my smaller resupply crafts to use.

 

 

there are already other mods that have such things :D
you might wanna check out Universal Storage too 

Edited by LatiMacciato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the advice @LatiMacciato. Universal Storage does add some Snack containers, but I was actually looking for something that had a more stock-ish form factor.

You mentioned other mods have what I am looking for. What mods were you thinking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

@Angel-125 Thank you for picking up Snacks!

Best and simplest life support mod I have found.

I wanted to know if you had any plans in the works to introduce a smaller radial attach snack tank. That would be really awesome for my smaller resupply crafts to use.

 

 

What I might do is take the stock radial RCS tanks and make small Snacks container variants. That should do the trick. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angel-125 said:

What I might do is take the stock radial RCS tanks and make small Snacks container variants. That should do the trick. :)

That is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, in any case you could just add an additional part wich is meant to be a seated part but just dont put any kerbals in :)
.. also you can use StationPartsExpansion

@Angel-125 can we have Soil-tanks too if option is enabled? (it's yet optional to use Soil tho)

Edited by LatiMacciato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LatiMacciato said:

well, in any case you could just add an additional part wich is meant to be a seated part but just dont put any kerbals in :)
.. also you can use StationPartsExpansion

@Angel-125 can we have Soil-tanks too if option is enabled? (it's yet optional to use Soil tho)

Yeah, I should be able to add that option as well. These are small changes, I can get to them tomorrow. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angel-125 said:

Yeah, I should be able to add that option as well. These are small changes, I can get to them tomorrow. :)

very awesome! and ty again hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LatiMacciato said:

very awesome! and ty again hehe

No problem. :) Also, Snacks is pretty stable now, and one of my design goals was to make the mod itself moddable. One option I'm considering as an addon to Snacks is a hardcore mode death penalty for starving your kerbals. That's not something I'd use, and it doesn't belong in the base mod, but I know others have asked for it in the past. Another option is something where you track how long a kerbal has been in space. Not sure I want to do this as there are other means to track flight time, such as with Kerbal Alarm Clock. Again, not appropriate for the base mod, but it could work as an addon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

No problem. :) Also, Snacks is pretty stable now, and one of my design goals was to make the mod itself moddable. One option I'm considering as an addon to Snacks is a hardcore mode death penalty for starving your kerbals. That's not something I'd use, and it doesn't belong in the base mod, but I know others have asked for it in the past. Another option is something where you track how long a kerbal has been in space. Not sure I want to do this as there are other means to track flight time, such as with Kerbal Alarm Clock. Again, not appropriate for the base mod, but it could work as an addon.

diversity is never a fail, look at mankind .. what I'm trying to say is that Snacks is yet simple, but very complex at once
.. that's rare and very appreciable.
I'm yet unsure if I shall prefer snacks over USI-LS or TAC-LS (those all are great mods!) but I find myself having the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principe ergo using Snacks as main life support still.

Regards :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

well, in any case you could just add an additional part wich is meant to be a seated part but just dont put any kerbals in :)
.. also you can use StationPartsExpansion

@Angel-125 can we have Soil-tanks too if option is enabled? (it's yet optional to use Soil tho)

I just checked, the snack tins already have an option to hold Soil. You can switch between Snacks, Soil, and Snacks and Soil. The radial tank will have the same ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dr Farnsworth also KBPS works for snack transfer/delivering stuffs hehe, sorry totally forgot about this one.
 

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I just checked, the snack tins already have an option to hold Soil. You can switch between Snacks, Soil, and Snacks and Soil. The radial tank will have the same ability.

yes, right .. I meant every seated ones .. sorry if I wasnt precise enough .. beeing late and lack of coffee here :D .. like if soil is activated/getting produced while consuming snacks (command capsules and stuff)

Edited by LatiMacciato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Angel-125, Do you happen to have a tentative release date for the radial snack containers? I don't mean to be a pest. I am just thinking about all those poor Kerbals that simply can't live without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there!

I would like to mention that the option for an EVA-ing Kerbal to refill the amount of snacks on his / her person from any part that contains at least one would be a reasonable idea.

Thx, cheers! :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2017 at 3:32 PM, Dr Farnsworth said:

@Angel-125, Do you happen to have a tentative release date for the radial snack containers? I don't mean to be a pest. I am just thinking about all those poor Kerbals that simply can't live without it.

 

39 minutes ago, LEGIONBOSS said:

Hello there!

I would like to mention that the option for an EVA-ing Kerbal to refill the amount of snacks on his / her person from any part that contains at least one would be a reasonable idea.

Thx, cheers! :cool:

Well, I was testing this radial container when *somebody* suggested a nice idea to let a kerbal on EVA refil the suit's snack pack... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm, replenishing a kerba's snacks while on EVA isn't a trivial task, so I'll shelve it for now. But, this release adds the radial snack tin, found in the Payload category.

FYI, making new snacks parts from stock is pretty easy if you use the existing parts as a template. Then you don't have keep bugging modders. Just sayin..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.