[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Snacks! - Friendly, Simplified Life Support

Angelo Kerman

13 hours ago, Nephrahim said:

That's not exactly what I'm talking about...  I think?  My snacks aren't being consumed at all at some points.  Like I just did a mun landing and have been sitting on 200 snacks for days now.  I go to base and it's the same.  Strangely, when I'm focused on my Minmus base, snacks are consumed as normally on all objects.

Do you have recyclers running? If so, at what efficiency?

• 2 weeks later...

just a short note, after the latest update of Snacks (v1.8) i also have the issue of snacks not beeing consumed.

Error that occours on Snack Time:

Spoiler

[LOG 08:52:16.536] Snacks - EatSnacks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.runConverters (.ProtoVessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.ConsumeAndGetDeficit (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Snacks.SnackController.EatSnacks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

is it a good idea to revert to v 1.7 until you got it fixed?

17 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

just a short note, after the latest update of Snacks (v1.8) i also have the issue of snacks not beeing consumed.

Error that occours on Snack Time:

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 08:52:16.536] Snacks - EatSnacks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.runConverters (.ProtoVessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.ConsumeAndGetDeficit (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Snacks.SnackController.EatSnacks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

is it a good idea to revert to v 1.7 until you got it fixed?

If it works in 1.7...

i think that is a piece of the puzzle that I've been missing.

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

If it works in 1.7...

i think that is a piece of the puzzle that I've been missing.

I'm currently trying out. Does this mean what I just posted gave you the missing piece to fix the issue?

EDIT: reverting to 1.7 erased the buttons to open the snacks window, going to update to 1.8 again, then shutting down all recyclers on all vessels and saving, then reloading the game to observe the snack consuming behavior.

EDIT (the second): I haven't noticed any snacks beeing consumed nor Soil beeing produced, recyclers are all off too (I got them at 100% in settings)

Edited by LatiMacciato

Figured out why no resources were being consumed or converted when using WBI mods. A fix will be available in the KSP 1.3.1 update.

And when will that be?

Does that mean you're going to have to recompile for 1.3.1? I thought that they were working to make sure that mods did not have to be rebuilt for 1.3.1.

And when will that be?

Does that mean you're going to have to recompile for 1.3.1? I thought that they were working to make sure that mods did not have to be rebuilt for 1.3.1.

That will be when 1.3.1 is rolled out, which supposedly will be in a few days. I heard the same thing, but I don't want to take any chances. Every release has required me to recompile plugins.

That will be when 1.3.1 is rolled out, which supposedly will be in a few days. I heard the same thing, but I don't want to take any chances. Every release has required me to recompile plugins.

for the Kerbals not consuming issue currently for 1.3.0 .. well tbh they already suffered enough! free snacks, no soil .. thats ok to me .. glad you could fix it for the next upcoming release.

FYI after some observational research (and mod uninstalls/installs) it somehow kicked in again, I deactivated all recyclers, then soil is beeing produced after some time again, then I turned on every recycler on each vessel necessary and it works again. Maybe toggling off on each vessel --> turn off in settings --> save in KSC view --> restart KSP --> turn on in settings --> turn on each vessel solved that one for this release.

Let's hope 1.3.1 will not break too much :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, TheEnderman said:

HALLO! I have recently installed Snacks! To my 1.2 save! Issue: It's in sandbox mode, so I wanted to change the Snacks! mod diffuculty. Is there any way to do this?

Check out the KSPedia entry on Snacks, it tells you what you can do.

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2017 at 11:18 PM, Angel-125 said:

Several including Heisenberg, Pathfinder, and DSEV. The stock MPL also grinds out snacks from ore, and the Hitchhiker can recycle soil into snacks.

If you have like 4 kerbals, how many hitchhiker recylers do you need to keep soil levels down? I have 2 hitchhikers with 40% recycling rate, but my soil keeps climbing.

11 minutes ago, sardia said:

If you have like 4 kerbals, how many hitchhiker recylers do you need to keep soil levels down? I have 2 hitchhikers with 40% recycling rate, but my soil keeps climbing.

One. With 40% recycling you're going to accumulate more Soil than you recycle.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

One. With 40% recycling you're going to accumulate more Soil than you recycle.

So the short answer is to raise the recycling rate, I'm guessing to above 50%, but can you explain how it works? Do modules not stack at all? Or can 1 module process soil for infinite kerbals?

34 minutes ago, sardia said:

So the short answer is to raise the recycling rate, I'm guessing to above 50%, but can you explain how it works? Do modules not stack at all? Or can 1 module process soil for infinite kerbals?

In general, each part with a recycler supports a number of kerbals equal to its crew capacity. So if you have a dozen crew, you need 3 Hitchhiker crew cans. Definitely not infinite.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Is there a way to make snacks from karbonite or to make kerbals turn into tourists or die if they dont have supplies?

Karbonite is entirely meant to be used as fuel. So, eww, man. Lol. Normally I'm against using Ore for everything but Ore has everything necessary to make food, so stick with Ore.

Snacks! Being a super-simple life support, very likely does not and will not have the ability to turn crew into tourists (and confirmed will not kill kerbals)...... Look for all the complaints in the MKS thread about being unable to turn tourists back into crew. Angel-125 doesn't need that.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, brusura said:

@Angel-125 hello, please could you advise on how the MPL work? For example with one scientist I have 65% load, how get to 100%? I have tried two scientist but nothing change also two engineering

Thanks

To get 100%, you'll need to change the settings. It's explained in the KSPedia entry for Snacks, but if you pause the game, hit the Settings button and then the Difficulties button, you'll see the tab for Snacks. In there, you can change things like meals per day, snacks per meal, recycling efficiency and food production efficiency.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:04 AM, redmonddkgamer said:

Only the radial tin is showing up for me.

It sounds like you have a faulty install, they show up just fine. You might want to reinstall Snacks. Also, if you're playing in career mode, the parts will show up at various times in the tech tree.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.