[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Snacks! - Friendly, Simplified Life Support

Angelo Kerman

19 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

To get 100%, you'll need to change the settings. It's explained in the KSPedia entry for Snacks, but if you pause the game, hit the Settings button and then the Difficulties button, you'll see the tab for Snacks. In there, you can change things like meals per day, snacks per meal, recycling efficiency and food production efficiency.

Nope there is no such an option, only the one for the recycler and changing that does not affect the production with MLP wich stay capped at 65%

4 minutes ago, brusura said:

Nope there is no such an option, only the one for the recycler and changing that does not affect the production with MLP wich stay capped at 65%

Most definitely yup. The code is there and in place, though the slider might not be visible at present. Regardless, If you want to change things for your own game, you can do so through the MM_Stock.cfg file.

I was in a trip to minmus, I had 25 snacks with one kerbal aboard, I warped time to minmus during transfer ( 8 days ) and not one snack was consumed, how is calculated? only in backgroud or in normal time?

Thanks

Edited by brusura

Hi!

I've made an MM patch for Community Category Kit support

Spoiler

// Snacks parts
@PART[radialSnackTin,snackTin500,snackTin1500,snackTin4500,crewCabin,mk3Cockpit_Shuttle,mk2CrewCabin,Large_Crewed_Lab]:NEEDS[Snacks]{tags = cck-lifesupport}

Cheers! :D

21 hours ago, eberkain said:

How does this interact with rescaled systems?  The in flight menu said aprox 17 days of food, only lasted 3.  

In the spoiler in the OP is this. Reduce the meals per day and raise recycler efficiency. Snacks per meal might already be set at 1 and hence can't go lower.

0N2qMCX.png

@Angel-125 the mod allow me to control an unmanned vessel ( not even a  probe onboard just connection ), the control state is set to full , I guess it did not update when the last kerbal left the vessel? But anyway you can change the control state with the "toggle partial control" on the command pod.

Is this intended feature?

Edited by brusura

8 hours ago, brusura said:

@Angel-125 the mod allow me to control an unmanned vessel ( not even a  probe onboard just connection ), the control state is set to full , I guess it did not update when the last kerbal left the vessel? But anyway you can change the control state with the "toggle partial control" on the command pod.

Is this intended feature?

Snacks doesn't affect the ability to command an unmanned vessel.

22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Snacks doesn't affect the ability to command an unmanned vessel.

Well somehow it does, this video is from a stock installation with only snacks and modulemanager: https://youtu.be/MgO8lRCvICg

The mod add a caption "controlState" and a button "toggle partial control" , as stated before, with the mod installed you can control unmanned vessel

Some experiment that you made here? 

Edited by brusura

Sounds like you have an out of date version, because it's working for me. That includes snack consumption for loaded and unloaded vessels, both real-time and during timewarp.

Speaking of out of date, here's Snacks 1.8.6:

- Snack consumption now honors resource locks.
- Retextured radial snack tin - Thanks @JadeOfMaar! :)
- Removed unneeded catch-all - Thanks JadeOfMaar!
- Fixed bulkhead profiles and tags on inline snack tins - Thanks JadeOfMaar!
- Add parts to CCK LS category - Thanks JadeOfMaar!

Edited by Angel-125

26 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Sounds like you have an out of date version, because it's working for me. That includes snack consumption for loaded and unloaded vessels, both real-time and during timewarp.

Speaking of out of date, here's Snacks 1.8.6:

- Snack consumption now honors resource locks.
- Retextured radial snack tin - Thanks @JadeOfMaar! :)
- Removed unneeded catch-all - Thanks JadeOfMaar!
- Fixed bulkhead profiles and tags on inline snack tins - Thanks JadeOfMaar!
- Add parts to CCK LS category - Thanks JadeOfMaar!

Nope I have Snacks 1.8.5 , I'll try this one you just released and let you know

EDIT:

@Angel-125 version 1.8.6 fixed my problem with unmanned vessel

Edited by brusura

On 1/31/2018 at 7:21 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

In the spoiler in the OP is this. Reduce the meals per day and raise recycler efficiency. Snacks per meal might already be set at 1 and hence can't go lower.

I dont think my problem is with how much they eat.  I have run a number of more manned missions with a pod that has 400 snacks and 2 crew.  The estimator says it should last about 77 days.  In reality they will always chew through half the supply in about 12 days.   The estimator should be about 25-30, not 77, it might as well not even be there.  I suspect this is happening because I'm playing with a 3.2x rescale and the Kronometer mod that effects how much time is in a day.   

Snacks are not getting consumed at all for me. KSP1.3.1 with Snacks 1.8.6.

This is all I could find in the logs:

[LOG 17:56:51.298] [SnackController] - EatSnacks called
[LOG 17:56:51.300] Snacks - EatSnacks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.runConverters (.ProtoVessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.ConsumeAndGetDeficit (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Snacks.SnackController.EatSnacks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 17:56:52.656] [SnackController] - EatSnacks called

3 hours ago, metalpoetza said:

Snacks are not getting consumed at all for me. KSP1.3.1 with Snacks 1.8.6.

This is all I could find in the logs:

[LOG 17:56:51.298] [SnackController] - EatSnacks called
[LOG 17:56:51.300] Snacks - EatSnacks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.runConverters (.ProtoVessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.ConsumeAndGetDeficit (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 17:56:52.656] [SnackController] - EatSnacks called

I need more information to go on. When you get this error, are you in the space center or in flight? If you look in your logs, you should see "ConsumeAndGetDeficit called for vessel:" with the name of the vessel. Which vessel is the one where you see that error? How many crew does it have? When was the last time you visited that vessel?

Edited by Angel-125

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I need more information to go on. When you get this error, are you in the space center or in flight? If you look in your logs, you should see "ConsumeAndGetDeficit called for vessel:" with the name of the vessel. Which vessel is the one where you see that error? How many crew does it have? When was the last time you visited that vessel?

At the time I got it, I was in flight. I had two crewed vessels, both in Earth orbit. A space station and a command-module returning from the moon. Neither was consuming any snacks - and that error popped up sporadically in the logs. Presumably whenever eatsnacks was being called.

I am on Linux, 64-bit in a very heavily modded game using RSS and SMURFF, almost everything Neartea has made and a few roverdude mods as well. I also had timecontrol installed, which I since realized was causing my EC to zero out in high-warp (the opposite of what it normally does) - so I got rid of that (pity, I liked that mod). It's at least conceivable that the two issues are related. I kept a copy of my install at the time I noticed this - before I started trying to fix things. So if you tell me what sort of tests could help I can do them for you.

I did a case insensitive text search in the log but there is no reference to ConsumeAndGetDeficit at all.

Edited by metalpoetza

Had the same problem.....

[LOG 02:36:00.679] [SnackConsumer] - Extra Snacks: -1
[LOG 02:36:00.679] [SnackConsumer] - (Unloaded vessel) demand: 2
[LOG 02:36:00.680] [SnackConsumer] - (Unloaded vessel) fed: 2
[LOG 02:36:00.681] [SnackConsumer] - Fired event onConsumeSnacks
[LOG 02:36:00.682] [SnackConsumer] - Produced soil: 2
[LOG 02:36:00.683] [SnackConsumer] - ConsumeAndGetDeficit called for vessel:Mun Ground Base
[LOG 02:36:00.684] [SnackConsumer] - Non-exempt crewCount: 5
[LOG 02:36:00.685] [SnackConsumer] - Calling runConverters
[LOG 02:36:00.686] [SnackConsumer] - Running snack processor...
[LOG 02:36:00.687] Snacks - EatSnacks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.runConverters (.ProtoVessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The Base has a Stock MPL with running snack processor. After deactivating the snack processor everything worked well.... AND still working well after reactivating the snack processor.

Hope this helps...

ok, the bug appears every time i link or unlink vessels with kis/kas. restarting the snack processor helps as a workaround....

Edited by THiGER

4 hours ago, THiGER said:

[LOG 02:36:00.683] [SnackConsumer] - ConsumeAndGetDeficit called for vessel:Mun Ground Base
[LOG 02:36:00.687] Snacks - EatSnacks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.runConverters (.ProtoVessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The Base has a Stock MPL with running snack processor. After deactivating the snack processor everything worked well.... AND still working well after reactivating the snack processor.

Hope this helps...

ok, the bug appears every time i link or unlink vessels with kis/kas. restarting the snack processor helps as a workaround....

I also have KIS/KAS installed. That could be where the incompatibility lies.

13 hours ago, THiGER said:

Hope this helps...

Awesome, I can try to reproduce the issue with KIS. Does it only happen after you link a vessel and some time later snacks are consumed, or does it immediately happen? Was the vessel that you linkd with KIS the active vessel?

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Awesome, I can try to reproduce the issue with KIS. Does it only happen after you link a vessel and some time later snacks are consumed, or does it immediately happen? Was the vessel that you linkd with KIS the active vessel?

Ok i tested a bit more...

...with a fresh install of KSP and only snacks with ckan installed.....

The bug is still there....

[LOG 09:32:40.429] [SnackController] - EatSnacks called
[LOG 09:32:40.430] [SnackController] - Firing before snack time event
[LOG 09:32:40.431] [SnackConsumer] - ConsumeAndGetDeficit called for vessel:Bugtester
[LOG 09:32:40.432] [SnackConsumer] - Non-exempt crewCount: 4
[LOG 09:32:40.433] [SnackConsumer] - Calling runConverters
[LOG 09:32:40.434] [SnackConsumer] - Running soil recycler...
[LOG 09:32:40.434] [SnackConsumer] - Recycler supports 4 kerbals.
[LOG 09:32:40.435] elapsedTime: 4000 baseDemand: 48000 recyclerCapacity: 4 SnacksPerMeal: 1
[LOG 09:32:40.437] Requested 1.66670407634229 units of Soil and total received thus far: 1.66670407634229
[LOG 09:32:40.438] baseOutput: 19200.0002861023 RecyclerEfficiency: 0.4
[LOG 09:32:40.439] Added 0.666681640471245 units of Snacks
[LOG 09:32:40.440] [SnackConsumer] - Running snack processor...
[LOG 09:32:40.440] Snacks - EatSnacks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Snacks.SnackConsumer.runConverters (.ProtoVessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 09:32:40.449] Snack time!  Next Snack Time!:616920.058087013

I used a simple testship in sandbox mode at launchpad....

with active soil recycler and and active snack processor. snacks is working as long the ship is the active vessel... but stops working if timewarped from space center.

Here is the link for the testcraft:

https://we.tl/3HO2S86CkQ

Actiongroups....

1 solar

2 heat

5 toggle stuff

6 start drill...

for my test scenario i filled the 4 kerbals into command pods....

hope this helps.....

On 21/2/2018 at 7:37 PM, Angel-125 said:

Snacks 1.8.7 is now available:

- Fixed NRE and production issues with the SnackProcessor.

@Angel-125 in version 1.8.7 gui for the production efficiency, still range from 0% to 1% , can you fix in next release?

Thanks

PS: also I just saw that as the game start efficiency is at 100% snackprocessore produce 21600 snack/day , if you go to settings and touch the production efficiency it revert in the range 0-1%

Edited by brusura

I've just recently started playing KSP and looking for mods to fix my headcanon of the KSP Universe (e.g. Kerbin being relatively empty) as well as fun mods to increase the realism.

I really like this mod and have installed it in my Career mode. While the other life support mods are great, I prefer this one because of its relative simplicity. Thanks for all the hard work!

Just a really really minor bug though. From reading through this thread, I assume I'm probably the only one experiencing this issue, but here goes.
The snacks icon is missing on my UI. Some screenshots:

The version I'm playing is: 1.3.1891 on Career mode.

The mods I have installed currently are:
Kerbal Engineer 1.1.3.0
Kerbal Konstructs 1.2.0.4
Kerbin Side Complete continued 1.4
Snacks Continued 1.8.7
Snack Parts By Whyren 5.2
Module Manager 2.8.1

I thought it was because of Whyren's parts at first, but I uninstalled it and launched KSP, still no icon.

Other than that, everything seems to be okay on my Sandbox mode (since I'm still testing the mods before touching my Career save). Once again thanks for this mode I really like the concept!

Edited by johnkeale
Previous edit: fixed imgur link; Current edit: added more details, fixed 'thead' typo

3 hours ago, johnkeale said:

I've just recently started playing KSP and looking for mods to fix my headcanon of the KSP Universe (e.g. Kerbin being relatively empty) as well as fun mods to increase the realism.

I really like this mod and have installed it in my Career mode. While the other life support mods are great, I prefer this one because of its relative simplicity. Thanks for all the hard work!

Just a really really minor bug though. From reading through this thread, I assume I'm probably the only one experiencing this issue, but here goes.
The snacks icon is missing on my UI. Some screenshots:

The version I'm playing is: 1.3.1891 on Career mode.

The mods I have installed currently are:
Kerbal Engineer 1.1.3.0
Kerbal Konstructs 1.2.0.4
Kerbin Side Complete continued 1.4
Snacks Continued 1.8.7
Snack Parts By Whyren 5.2
Module Manager 2.8.1

I thought it was because of Whyren's parts at first, but I uninstalled it and launched KSP, still no icon.

Other than that, everything seems to be okay on my Sandbox mode (since I'm still testing the mods before touching my Career save). Once again thanks for this mode I really like the concept!

I'd wager something was installed incorrectly. Can you post a picture of your gamedata? I have a feeling you put snacks directly into your game data rather than WildBlueIndustries/Snacks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.