[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Snacks! - Friendly, Simplified Life Support

Angelo Kerman

On 4/25/2020 at 7:44 PM, Angel-125 said:

@dtoxic @OrbitsR4Sissies I couldn't reproduce your issues. But I was able to fix several other bugs.

Snacks 1.24.5 is now available.

Thanks for the update!

I didn't realize there were additional docs within the mod installation folder. I'll look at those to see if there may be more clarification about the mod that I haven't understood.

I've worked around the issue for now by setting 1 meal/day and, if absolutely necessary, cheating a craft filled with snacks to refill a station or other vehicle.

sorry if this is a dumb question thats answered somewhere obvious, but i cant find it, but... how do you turn on stale air/ stress resources? i see the files in lifesupportresources folder, but idk what to do with em

edit:sorry im a fool, i didnt realize the file extension was .txt instead of .cfg, i guess i just change it and it works then right? 

Edited by 123nick

10 hours ago, 123nick said:

sorry if this is a dumb question thats answered somewhere obvious, but i cant find it, but... how do you turn on stale air/ stress resources? i see the files in lifesupportresources folder, but idk what to do with em

edit:sorry im a fool, i didnt realize the file extension was .txt instead of .cfg, i guess i just change it and it works then right? 

yeap just change to CFG also you can tweak the consumption of said resources inside the CFG to tweak it to your own liking and also rename them if you for instance want Oxygen instead Air to be displayed in game

Hello and sorry if this hasn't been asked already (28 pages...)

I'm about to adopt Snacks! for my new playthrough but I'm trying to tweak the cfg files to add hibernation.

My idea is to use the MK1 crew cabin (or at least an upgrade later in the tech tree) to put kerbals in hibernation mode. When put in they either

* won't eat snacks

* consume a very tiny amount (one per month instead of one per day)

This is a first possibility

Then, putting kerbals in or out of hibernation could cost a ponctual and fixed amount of resource, snacks or EC.

I know a mod already exists (Deep freeze) for this but it's quite complex and adds more parts. Snacks is good because it's simple and uses existing parts to manage life support.

Did somebody thought about this already, or can give me hints on how to "blacklist" a part from Snacks! through cfg files?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I really, really hate to ask an obvious question, but can you/how do you change the weight of individual snacks...? By default my game is thinking they are each 1 tonne... Which is, er, slightly ridiculous. What's the default supposed to be?

Hello peoplez

Just a quick gameplay question that I can't figure out just by looking at the provided documentation or the (non functional) KSPedia  entry.

Why is my simulated duration time stuck at an upper limit of  1 year, 407 days? No amount of added snack tins raises this number any further. I'm pretty sure this isn't bug and is just me being thick but I can't figure it out. Can someone point me in the right direction plz?

Spanx   

......Anyone......???

Edited by rextable
no response to question

21 minutes ago, rextable said:

Don't all try to help at once chaps.

Wow, this forum is dying a death.

:(

or people have other stuff to do besides giving free time to make mods...be patient

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 10:11 AM, rextable said:

Hello peoplez

Just a quick gameplay question that I can't figure out just by looking at the provided documentation or the (non functional) KSPedia  entry.

Why is my simulated duration time stuck at an upper limit of  1 year, 407 days? No amount of added snack tins raises this number any further. I'm pretty sure this isn't bug and is just me being thick but I can't figure it out. Can someone point me in the right direction plz?

Spanx   

......Anyone......???

The simulator doesn't run forever in order to not tie up CPU resources. It stops after a year. You can change the max duration in the SimulatorSettings.cfg file.

• 2 weeks later...

Snacks 1.25.0 is now available:

- Fix background converters not respecting locked resources for unloaded vessels.
- Fix resource processors not respecting locked resources for unloaded vessels.
- Fix condition summary not showing Stressed Out condition.
- Fix Stress not recalculated when a vessel docks or undocks.
- Fix SOCS Cannister explosion check not being checked.
- Fix SOCS Cannister automatically shuts down when it runs out of SOCS Fuel.
- Fix SOCS Cannister user messages are more appropriate now.
- If kerbals get Stressed Out they might start stress eating. If you run out of Snacks they'll get even more Stressed Out.
- Kerbals wait to get Stressed Out before they start consuming "Hydrazine."
- You can now disable email notifications of converters running out of resources or storage space via the Snacks Settings menu.
- Background processors no longer consume ElectricCharge for simplicity; it's either that or bog the game down with finding and running power generators.
- You can now customize the SnacksConverter's criticalSuccessMessage, successMessage, failMessage, and criticalFailMessage displayed during yielded resource checks.

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

The kerbals will eat MP?

"Hydrazine" is a nod to @Kuzzter's Kerbfleet series where Bill Kerman make some booze out of rocket fuel. In my mind, "Hydrazine" is vodka.

It looks like there's another bug for me to fix, and I want to add a Stress calculator for the editor so for any given spacecraft, you'll know how long a typical kerbal can go without getting Stressed Out. Expect to see another update either late this week or early next.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

"Hydrazine" is a nod to @Kuzzter's Kerbfleet series where Bill Kerman make some booze out of rocket fuel. In my mind, "Hydrazine" is vodka.

That makes sense. It's easy to forget how stressed you are when you get stupid drunk. Hopefully they don't have to worry about the next morning.

1 hour ago, shdwlrd said:

That makes sense. It's easy to forget how stressed you are when you get stupid drunk. Hopefully they don't have to worry about the next morning.

Hangovers? No. But they can pass out if they drink too much. :)

Keep it simple, just minus stress for each crewperson by an appropriate % whenever a ship docks.   Example: If crew A at a lower stress level docks with Station B at a higher level eack kerbal minus 25% stress for docking.  Crew A are less stressed by the docking going ok and meeting the crew on station B and the Station B crew feel less stress by having some new faces around.  But the higher stress levels of station B from being cooped up with each other are not averaged into the fresh faces on ship A just because they have docked.

21 minutes ago, jpkerman said:

Keep it simple, just minus stress for each crewperson by an appropriate % whenever a ship docks.   Example: If crew A at a lower stress level docks with Station B at a higher level eack kerbal minus 25% stress for docking.  Crew A are less stressed by the docking going ok and meeting the crew on station B and the Station B crew feel less stress by having some new faces around.  But the higher stress levels of station B from being cooped up with each other are not averaged into the fresh faces on ship A just because they have docked.

I actually already have the stress calculations figured out and in place. The smaller the ratio between crew count and crew capacity, the more Stress the crew can take. Similarly, the bigger the ratio, the less Stress that they can take.

What I'm working on is a way to show players what will happen to stress levels IF they undock a vessel as well as an estimator for the editor. How long will a crew last in a ship before getting Stressed Out? Will transferring to a lander and undocking cause them to get Stressed Out? There's no easy way to calculate that automatically (vessels are complicated, docked vessels more so) so I'm working on a tool to help.

Here's a preview:

h8ZGaTO.png

5JqvCh9.png

R9sijSO.png

Edited by Angel-125

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

lol really appreciate seeing this... of course Kerbfleet general orders prohibit anyone piloting a ship under the influence -- might be interesting (and educational!) to disable SAS and lag controls by a few seconds whenever a crew has been drinking hydrazine :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.