[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Snacks! - Friendly, Simplified Life Support

Angelo Kerman

16 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@AccidentalDisassembly I believe that behavior is from CCK itself. The OPT labs tag themselves as cck-lifesupport items (reflecting their possessing Snack Processors) so that they appear in CCK's life support items category, but CCK itself removes them from their original categories so they only appear in the categories bundled with CCK. Snacks! doesn't have a config to move parts other than its own.

This has happened to me a lot, and typically happens only with crewed parts, but I don't remember if I had Snacks! installed when that happens.

The SSPXR parts are also getting the cck-lifesupport tag, but they show up in two categories... Somehow the three stock parts that Snacks patches (Mk3 shuttle, hitchhiker, and mk2 crew cabin) are having their category removed, but other parts are not. ModuleManager config cache confirms that Mk3 Shuttle cockpit has category = none, for instance, but the SSPXR parts have category = Utility (still).

The tags are similar for the parts; it's the category that's been removed. For instance, the SSPXR inflatable hab 3 has these tags:

tags = sspx base contain outpost statio (stor tube inflat beam expand (hab liv ball dodge volley winston cck-lifesupport

...and the Mk3 Shuttle cockpit has these tags:

tags = aero aircraft armageddon bruce cmg command control ?eva fly gyro ?iva moment pilot plane react shuttle space stab steer torque willis cck-lifesupport

But somehow the Mk3 Shuttle cockpit is getting set to category = none...

Is it possible that this could result from patching order? The SSPXR patch adds the tag cck-lifesupport in the :FINAL pass, while Snacks doesn't use :FINAL...? There is no other patch in my GameData that references the Mk3 Shuttle cockpit apart from Snacks' patch that adds cck-lifesupport...

I definitely have no idea if the copy problem relates to Snacks, but since there was a copy (ish?) issue with Snacks before, figured... well... maybe? No clue really, though.

EDIT: The copy issue is definitely Snacks-related; edited original post to reflect as well.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

59 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@AccidentalDisassembly CCK may be force moving the stock parts and doesn't care to (and wouldn't dare) force move mod parts. That's as far as my wisdom goes.

Makes sense. I'll just patch back in the categories and cross fingers.

FWIW I did reproduce the copy bug, it appears 100% certainly Snacks related; I tried a completely clean KSP 1.11.2/MH/BG install with only Snacks (EDIT: and ModuleManager). Without Snacks, all parts alt-copy normally; with Snacks, crewed parts get sent under the VAB floor. Can be seen on hitchhiker (for instance).

WOW! I'm also experiencing this alt-copy reducing PAW to a slit (still works but the window is literally a slit); and copied parts spawning below VAB (only found out about it because I use Hangar Extender) issues.   I've just dealt with it by exiting editor to the space center and coming back.  It mostly happens to me when copying SPXR labs (Aqua and Greenhouse) so I though SPXR was to blame.  But since I have a workaround, didn't bother reporting it.  Never even mildly suspected it was Snacks.

21 minutes ago, bcqJC said:

WOW! I'm also experiencing this alt-copy reducing PAW to a slit (still works but the window is literally a slit); and copied parts spawning below VAB (only found out about it because I use Hangar Extender) issues.   I've just dealt with it by exiting editor to the space center and coming back.  It mostly happens to me when copying SPXR labs (Aqua and Greenhouse) so I though SPXR was to blame.  But since I have a workaround, didn't bother reporting it.  Never even mildly suspected it was Snacks.

You can actually still select the parts when they're below the floor if you can mouse over them juuuuuust right - hopefully Angel will have a fix, though. Mysterious behavior indeed, I would not have connected it with Snacks! either except for the issue with symmetry stuff that I found out about a while ago and that Angel already fixed.

Snacks 1.27 is now available:

- Added the ability to store the SOCS Oxium Candle as a cargo part.
- SNACKS_PART_RESOURCE now supports unitsPerDay and daysLifeSupport. They specify the number of units per day that is consumed (per kerbal), and the number of days of life support to add to the part, respectively. If they're specified, then amount and maxAmount are ignored.
- Fixed missing resource infos in the editor's part info window.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having some issues with SNACKS lately. Despite having a fresh install of SNACKS in KSP 1.11.2, none of the command pods have the snacks resource in them. I can of course still add extra snacks containers to give the craft the resources it needs, however it's rather annoying that they don't come with snacks aboard them from the get-go. I'm not sure if this is a mod conflict (since I have a few dozen mods already) or if this is just some new bug. For the record, I have no other life support mods installed.

unknown.png

In the part info, it shows the snacks thing there, but the amount is set to 0, and when the part is placed in the editor, it doesn't even show the resource slider.

If there's any other info that I can provide that might help with this, please let me know.

Edited by Raptor22

23 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I've been having some issues with SNACKS lately. Despite having a fresh install of SNACKS in KSP 1.11.2, none of the command pods have the snacks resource in them. I can of course still add extra snacks containers to give the craft the resources it needs, however it's rather annoying that they don't come with snacks aboard them from the get-go. I'm not sure if this is a mod conflict (since I have a few dozen mods already) or if this is just some new bug. For the record, I have no other life support mods installed.

unknown.png

In the part info, it shows the snacks thing there, but the amount is set to 0, and when the part is placed in the editor, it doesn't even show the resource slider.

If there's any other info that I can provide that might help with this, please let me know.

Confirmed here as well. Same KSP version. Need a log file?
@Angel-125

On 4/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, Raptor22 said:

I've been having some issues with SNACKS lately. Despite having a fresh install of SNACKS in KSP 1.11.2, none of the command pods have the snacks resource in them.

Weirdly, I'm having that too with a fresh 1.11.2, and in 1.11.1 as well, with my slow preparations to potentially start a playthrough. Morevoer, I didn't get the impression that the kerbals are even in danger of starving or suffocating due to lack of resources.

22 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Weirdly, I'm having that too with a fresh 1.11.2, and in 1.11.1 as well, with my slow preparations to potentially start a playthrough. Morevoer, I didn't get the impression that the kerbals are even in danger of starving or suffocating due to lack of resources.

Can you guys provide steps to reproduce the issue?

@Angel-125No really reproducable steps for me. I just installed snacks on  a fresh install. Here is the log file and the mod list in any case:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v3s5satdjs8itk/Player.log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/asvv8wbb2wi9bwq/Untitled.png?dl=0

From what I can see on my game is that only the snack ressource does not appear, the soil does. Snacks are absent from all the parts they should be in with the exception of the parts provided by the mod. When I say absent,  we can see snacks to zero amont on the part description but no slider appear on the part menu.

Do you need more info?

3 minutes ago, Benoit Hage said:

@Angel-125No really reproducable steps for me. I just installed snacks on  a fresh install. Here is the log file and the mod list in any case:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v3s5satdjs8itk/Player.log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/asvv8wbb2wi9bwq/Untitled.png?dl=0

From what I can see on my game is that only the snack ressource does not appear, the soil does. Snacks are absent from all the parts they should be in with the exception of the parts provided by the mod. When I say absent,  we can see snacks to zero amont on the part description but no slider appear on the part menu.

Do you need more info?

Thank you, that helps. :) I'll go digging and see what I find.

On 4/22/2021 at 3:04 PM, Angel-125 said:

Ok, found the problem. Here is the fix.

Snack resources show up now (hooray!), however I've discovered a new problem: in flight, the Snacks window doesn't show the estimated times. You can still use the "Snack time" button in that window, but hitting the stop/start simulators thing does nothing. Snacks still seem to be consumed, and the estimate in the VAB/SPH still works. It's usable, that's for sure, though in flight you're blind as to how many days you have left (unless you go and manually do the math) It just shows the body name, but doesn't show any of the vessels.

screenshot117.png

I can deal with it for now, it's not that hard to do the math manually (divide the number of snacks remaining by the number of crew multiplied by the number of snacks they eat per day). Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

EDIT: I've seen lately that occasionally, the estimates will inexplicably show up again, and then other times disappear. I'm trying to hunt through logs myself to see if I can make heads or tails of this. For now, potentially disregard this.

Edited by Raptor22

Got some strange behaviour with the simulation tool.

For ease of mathematics I reduced snack consumption to 1 per day.

I've got the mod tracking only a few crewed vessels at the moment - two space stations and one surface base. All of them have several thousand snacks on board, only a few crew, and the simulator is reporting a snack duration of precisely 1 year, 407 days, 1 hour, 27 minutes and 35.38 seconds. Like the mod has hit some sort of upper limit on the number it can display.

I have the same behaviour in the VAB as well, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with existing vessels - a simple vessel with a crew of 4 and 4700 snacks should have 1,175 days' worth of life support, which is significantly more than the number displayed. Moreover, if I add another 4500 tin, I'd expect the duration to pretty much double, but the number displayed remains the same. If I reduce the number of snacks below this then the simulator starts to behave, for example 200 snacks with a crew of 4 lasts 50 days.

Edited by Telvee32

On 4/24/2021 at 7:29 PM, jlcarneiro said:

Looks like I found another one: an EVA kerbal was jumping too low and I observed the snacks he was carrying was 200 (two hundreds)!

What version of Snacks are you using? I can't reproduce this on Snacks 1.27.1. If you can reproduce it on 1.27.1, what steps did you take?

43 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

What version of Snacks are you using? I can't reproduce this on Snacks 1.27.1. If you can reproduce it on 1.27.1, what steps did you take?

Preciselly, 1.27.1.

I DON'T think I did something special: I landed on Mun and noticed my kerbal was not jumping high enough. Then I checked the resources and he a little above 200 units of snacks. Afraid of messing with the  mission, I edited the save and changed it to a little below 2.

Since I haven't completed all the monolith's contracts (I restarted on KSP 1.11.2), I'll have to try again.

Looks like a typo... ;)

52 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

Preciselly, 1.27.1.

I DON'T think I did something special: I landed on Mun and noticed my kerbal was not jumping high enough. Then I checked the resources and he a little above 200 units of snacks. Afraid of messing with the  mission, I edited the save and changed it to a little below 2.

Since I haven't completed all the monolith's contracts (I restarted on KSP 1.11.2), I'll have to try again.

Looks like a typo... ;)

Ok, is anybody else able to reproduce this issue with 1.27.1?

Here is Snacks 1.27.2:

- Added new SKILL_LOSS_CONDITION named Gardening to the list of conditions that will cause skill loss when a part with an active SnacksConverter is running, it lists Gardening as one of its skill loss conditions, and a kerbal resides inside the part. For example, a kerbal can be working in a greenhouse.
Hint: The greenhouse could also reduce a kerbal's Stress while it is running.
- Fixed issue where too many Snacks were being added to kerbals sitting in external command seats.
- Fixed issue where kerbals sitting in external command seats upon vessel launch weren't receiving EVA resources like FreshAir.
- Fixed NRE generated while opening the Snacks window when a vessel has kerbals in external command seats.
- Fixed issue where crew capacity was incorrectly calculated when kerbals sat in external command seats. Yay for circumventing a KSP bug!

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Here is Snacks 1.27.2:

- Added new SKILL_LOSS_CONDITION named Gardening to the list of conditions that will cause skill loss when a part with an active SnacksConverter is running, it lists Gardening as one of its skill loss conditions, and a kerbal resides inside the part. For example, a kerbal can be working in a greenhouse.
Hint: The greenhouse could also reduce a kerbal's Stress while it is running.
- Fixed issue where too many Snacks were being added to kerbals sitting in external command seats.
- Fixed issue where kerbals sitting in external command seats upon vessel launch weren't receiving EVA resources like FreshAir.
- Fixed NRE generated while opening the Snacks window when a vessel has kerbals in external command seats.
- Fixed issue where crew capacity was incorrectly calculated when kerbals sat in external command seats. Yay for circumventing a KSP bug!

Glad to see you sorted it out!

Sorry about taking soooo long, but here are the photos I was ABOUT to post (sorry!):

Before undocking, the whole ship has a limit of 52 snack units:

Spoiler

27Bx8Mk.png

After undocking, the "command module" still has a 50 snack units limit:

Spoiler

UzweQgw.png

But the "lander" now has a whopping 202 snack units limit!!!!

Spoiler

UzweQgw.png

1 minute ago, jlcarneiro said:

Glad to see you sorted it out!

Sorry about taking soooo long, but here are the photos I was ABOUT to post (sorry!):

Before undocking, the whole ship has a limit of 52 snack units:

Reveal hidden contents

27Bx8Mk.png

After undocking, the "command module" still has a 50 snack units limit:

Reveal hidden contents

UzweQgw.png

But the "lander" now has a whopping 202 snack units limit!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

UzweQgw.png

Is that with the latest 1.27.2?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.