1.3 - What will it have?

6 minutes ago, simon56modder said:

why DLC ? The visual mods that are currently available are only about atmosphere, shaders... (almost) no mod for terrain overhaul or anything like that. The terrain is really boring in KSP.

In my opinion SVT is quite good and makes terrain everything it could be. 

1 hour ago, Benji13 said:

In my opinion SVT is quite good and makes terrain everything it could be. 

Yes it's nice ! But I'd like to see more scatter details for example. Animated grass ? more rocks ? More trees on Kerbin ? Small bumps not interacting with landing legs ?

Short term, I'd really like some serious revamp to old parts (mk1 chute, three-Kerbal pod, lander can, the decouplers, etc.) as well as some new parts: fuel hoses, possibly some more powerful tiny engines, retractable fins, fuel hoses, inline SpaceX style landing gear for reusable boosters, lower-tier heatshields that aren't kind of overpowered for LKO, fuel hoses, station and base parts, maybe even EVA struts.... Really, I just want 1.3 to be the Parts Update.

Also, I really want a stock TWR and Delta-V readout. And did I mention fuel hoses?

Edit: Oh yes, and please, lots of smaller monoprop tanks.

Edited by MrLake

On 11/6/2016 at 9:18 AM, TheCardinal said:

The main consideration for Squad will always be "what makes the game more interesting so more people will buy it".

Indeed

Iife-support is probable. Life support has been developed by more than one modmaker, thereby proving it is feasible to integrate it into the game. It enhances the game and probably is an easy solution to provide more challenges to the game.

I like the 'snacks' approach to life support. The fact that it doesn't completely hose you if you run out mirrors the way that losing a communications connection doesn't completely paralyze probes. So it's a consideration, but doesn't change the game so much that it becomes predominantly about managing life support.

(Medical) condition. During space missions everything degrades. The health of kerbonauts, the condition (and reliability) of parts etc. This would extend the challenges of the game, the science part and will add more randomness to the game. No matter what you do, something might go wrong during any mission (apollo 13 scenarios). (But this could be a DLC as well).

I hate it. All it means is that once you get e.g. a space station to Duna, eventually you'll have to send a new space station to Duna again. It's make-work.

HOWEVER Suppose Engineers could fix worn out parts?

• 2 year grace period before any chance of failure
  • Failures take at least 1 year to happen, so you get 1 year's warning.
  • Linear chance of failure over time, no age cascade effect.
  • Parts pending failure get a red halo, and the vehicle gets an indicator in the Tracking Station

This could be added as a check box in difficulty settings.

You want it so you can still do most probe missions without a problem, but longer term missions really need to be multiply-redundant or manned so you can take an Engineer.

Simon Hibbs

I want more tweakables and action groups, so I can go in and customize a bunch of stuff:

Pressure cutoffs for aero surfaces.

Full six-axis authority editing for RCS. We had toggles for all the axes and they went away, which is a design decision I don't understand and don't agree with :(

Three-axis authority editing for aero surfaces, gimballing, and reaction wheels.

Action-groupable activations of fuel flow (incl. things like batteries).

Minimum throttles and maximum ignition counts.

Resource type as a toggleable mode for tanks, between LF, O, LFO, and monoprop, eliminating a bunch of duplicate plane parts and the ugly as sin yellow monoprop tanks, and giving us 2.5m LF-only tankage.

Reskinning as a tweakable on parts, so that a rocket can have a consistent look, possibly coupled with different performance penalties and drawbacks (e.g. better thermal resist at cost of funds & weight v. bare metal, that sort of thing)

There's lots of other stuff, of course.

Usable IVAs -- I miss the old fighter-jet IVA, which was glorious.

Massive reduction in RW torque, combined with Node 0 (or Node 1) access to small RCS jets. Make those cockpit monoprop storage worth using.

In general a part rebalance. The Mk3 cockpit is a particular offender.

Better contracts, for the love of heaven. Tie them into the points of interest already present.

2.5m SRBs.

2.5m inline airbreathing engines, particularly an uprated RAPIER.

Making gimballing an option on all engines, as a tweakable, at the direct cost of additional weight and funds (the more gimballing, the higher the costs).

Ditto for steering on landing gear.

Crawler wheels that use differential steering properly.

Better buoyancy both in water and atmosphere, incl. lighter-than-air craft.

Water that occludes air intakes.

Propellers, both electric and LF.

An inline 100kN 1.25m engine to fill a really annoying hole in the engine tree.

Better low-tech landing gear physics.

Increase the air requirements for RAPIER, Whiplash, and Panther engines.

Make engine precoolers cool engines.

Wider variety of plane/spaceplane-style wet wings (i.e more stuff analogous to the "wing board" lego wings).

Sturdier landing legs, possibly with integral shielded bays like landing gear.

Life support.

A five-axis RCS unit.

A reason to use rovers. Procedurally spawned "interesting features", perhaps.

A wider variety of terrain scatters.

Terrain scatters with collision.

Clouds, and if I'm dreaming anyway, wind and weather (probably as difficulty settings).

Orange EVA suits for the starting 4.

The ability to assign a Kerbal to a command seat in the VAB/SPH.

The same camera controls in the VAB as in the SPH.

Have the interior volume of the VAB and SPH be visually different as you upgrade and provide the limits of how big a machine you can build.

Have the view out of the VAB and SPH represent the time of day on Kerbin when you entered them.

Buildable SRBs, so you can make 'em taller.

Some way to count ejected boosters & first stages as recoverable if they are configured to be so (e.g. via parachutes).

Probably more that I've thought of and can't remember right now :v

Edited by foamyesque

I wish for proper Lifesupport. With food, water, oxigen, radiation, waste, co2, heat/cold etc.

Also proper heat management. I have lot of satelites, spacestation on LKO, surface base on the mun, and i never had to use a single radiator. 

I also wish for FPS wiev in EVA, and bigger zoom in map view. Setting precise landing of new modules for my munbase is impossible when i cant zoom close enough to see where the hell am i gong to land.

Oh, and Helicopter and BOAT parts. I know i can build from stock parts, and i use some mods for this, but so far even the best stock helicopters and boats, i ever saw on the forums are ugly as hell, and mods, ..... wel my point is not having to use that many mods.

Edited by KOCOUR

2 hours ago, KOCOUR said:

I wish for proper Lifesupport. With food, water, oxigen, radiation, waste, co2, heat/cold etc.

Also proper heat management. I have lot of satelites, spacestation on LKO, surface base on the mun, and i never had to use a single radiator.

So essentially: You want to change the game in a way that would completely wreck the play style and existing saves/craft of 90 % of all players, even though those requested features are already supplied by mods, because you don't like to use mods yourself?

1 hour ago, Codraroll said:

So essentially: You want to change the game in a way that would completely wreck the play style and existing saves/craft of 90 % of all players, even though those requested features are already supplied by mods, because you don't like to use mods yourself?

While I do some what agree. As long as they are off by default like with how the relay system was. Why be worried if they add it as stock as long as it is 100% optional to turn on?

On 10/10/2016 at 0:39 PM, panzer1b said:

Also, while i would love to see MP, the amount of effort and time it would take to make that would require too much time dedicated away from core features.  Wish DMP wasnt abandoned (its technically being updated to new versions but actual development and bugfixing is completely dead), it was a good mod back in the day before it just fell apart.  That said, not exactly a priority imo right now...

Keep an eye out for LMP in dev right now by dagger and lothsahn. Its just getting started in meantime use DMP.

Edited by Redneck

On 10/11/2016 at 10:40 AM, Tex_NL said:

Procedurally generated does NOT mean random. Period. End of discussion.

You are correct, but your example is wrong. No one in No Man's Sky can ever see someone else' planet ingame. That said, a better example is the Mun's own craters, or the heightmaps of Gilly, Minmus, Ike, Bop, Pol, Vall, the cracks on Eeloo, and the small scale terrain noise on Moho, Eve, Mun, Kerbin, Duna, Ike, Laythe, Vall, and Tylo.

Almost all of the planets are procedural to some degree (Jool being the exception) and yet, since the seed is the same for everyone, the planets end up looking identical no matter what save or computer you're using.

As for what I'd want in 1.3:

• Storms and Weather:
    • Eve: Strong winds and storms that rain various disgusting chemicals.
    • Kerbin: Area near the KSC is devoid of any weather other than a little breeze. Other regions however are subject to rainstorms, winds, and even snow. Snow can coat solar panels and have to be cleaned by an EVA Kerbal, or retracted and extended again.
    • Duna: Dust Storms and winds, but the winds are in a 1/10 bar atmosphere, so there's less of an effect. Dust can also obscure solar panels or temporarily lower the power of rover wheels.
    • Jool: Covered in giant extreme storms, terrifying windspeeds, and lighting that can temporarily fry spacecraft. As your ship descends through the clouds, it will get darker and darker as the pressure increases, until finally the ship implodes.
    • Laythe: Covered in thick storm clouds of continual rain. Volcanoes produce clouds of ash which falls down like snow or dust.
    • Eeloo and Vall: Tenuous atmosphere with geysers that can have slight effects on spacecrafts.
    • General: Weather is procedurally generated based on greyscale maps of general cloud cover and wind intensity. Ideally weather would be unrealistically deterministic, so I might know exactly when and where a dust storm would be if I had seen it before. (Kind of necessary for Multiplayer)
    • Atmospheres: Atmospheres can now have the percent of oxygen in them changed as a percent, rather than an absolute. Laythe would have a higher percent oxygen content than Kerbin, and Jool would have an ever so tiny bit of oxygen from the green plant life in its clouds.
    • Modability: Of course.
  • Multiplayer:
    • Servers can choose between various timewarp modes:
      • No Timewarp
      • Agreed Timewarp
      • Body-Relative Timewarp
      • Paradox-Inducing Timewarp. (What DMP uses)
    • Players can run space programs throughout the planet, and they can set up contracts for other players. World Records are persistent across the planet, but there is also a Space Program Record which gives a little bonus.
  • Life Support and Probe Delay
    • Kerbals have to eat, but Probes have to wait.
    • Probes can set advanced maneuvers when very far from a control source, but the manuever can not be placed any closer along the orbit than the time it would take to send the manuever signal.
    • Kerbals have to consume resources to live. These can be manufactured in space with high enough tech,  but usually Kerbals will just eat pre-packed food.
    • This should be forgiving enough that you can get away with leaving out the food on a short trip to the Mun.
    • Kerbals don't die when out of food, they just sleep and will not provide any control input.
    • IVA Cameras:
      • When a Kerbal is hungry, they will frown with a static head (as opposed to if they are scared they will frown while moving their head around)
      • When a Kerbal is starved, their eyes close and their faces turn bluish.
    • Space Probes have to be carefully planned ahead for every move once outside of Kerbin's SOI.
    • Speed Of Light is by default the real speed, but it can be tweaked in gameplay settings. (From 1/10 Lightspeed to 1x Lightspeed to 10x Lightspeed to Ansible (Instant Comms)
    • Speed Of Light Delay accounts for the signal length of all relay satellites.
Edited by GregroxMun

14 hours ago, Codraroll said:

Oh i thought that this is thread for wishes and speculations. I wasnt informed that wishes that are not aproved by Codraroll are not alowed. Please accept my sincere apologies, i will be more cautious next time.

And 90% of players? wow! Seems like i missed something as iam not aware of any survey that would try to find what percentage of players prefere what kind of gameplay, and most people i know actualy want lifesupport and the other pesky realism things in the game. But then i probably know the wrong people.

Again my sincere apologies. 

On 14 Nov 2016 at 5:38 PM, Codraroll said:

Life support is the Huge missing of the game. Huge missing. And if you are worried about the 90% players saves... it's something that worn the pay. Restart a new whole campaign. Life support is important as it was the docking before implemented and will change the game as the resource harvesting has done.  

What I want in the future:

1. More aviation parts.
  2. weather PLEASE.
  3. maybe better command pods. We really need a larger pod.
  4. more SRBs
  5. more science parts.
  6. the option to toggle life support or not.
  7. a mission where a huge asteroid is heading for Kerbin and you need to divert it.
  8. ROVER PARTS.
  9. More diversity between Kerbals. (Blond hair, brown hair, black hair, etc.)
Edited by Lo Var Lachland

I think I may be the only person who doesn't care about part revamps and visuals.  I could really care less.

I think life support as an option is a good choice, but I would rather see it as a framework similar to TACLS that the current life support systems can interface with. Consumption rates can be standardized, and mods like snacks and USI can just calculate based on whatever they wish (e.g. 1 snack=.x oxy+ .y food; 1 supplies= =.x oxy+ .y food etc.)

I would look for more and better functionality to the base game. Orbit calculations, trajectories, physics, all the things that everybody relies on. As physics computing is continuously improving, whether in Unity, PhysX, or other solutions, they should be aggressively implemented.

The planets can still use a lot of attention. I happen to think the Kerbin atmospherics are horrible.

And, it's time for 32 bit to go away (no flaming please, I know many will hate this). The 90's are over, time to let go.:rolleyes:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.