Enuff is enuff

vontreigo

I've been playing KSP for a very long time.(0.13ish). The modding community has always been wonderful. Yes we've faced hard times and many changes to the community. One change was the release of the 64bit KSP and all of it's Krackeness. Many of us players need the 64bit app because of all of the wonderful mods were too much for the 32bit KSP. Without the 64bit app we were given a heartbreaking choice of playing KSP with the bear minimum of mods and limiting the experience. With 64bit we were able to play the game to the fullest. We knows some modders refused to support it (too buggy), which is ok we just couldn't use that mod or use the mod with limited features. What is not ok is mods that mock the game and introduce elements who's only purpose is the ridicule and demean the 64bit app.

One may have the right of one's mod not support the 64bit app. but not the right to negatively change the game just out of spite.

Please, I respectfully ask that you remove this from your mod.

I'n not trying to pick a fight I just feel this needed to be said.

xDmY4mC.png

NyanCatBodyGIF.gif

I'm pretty sure this Nyan has nothing to do with 64-bits and everything to do with the recent kerfluffle that went on over in Squad-land (n/m about that, see my post below). Did you even try the 32-bit version and see if it wasn't there? The whole 64-bit issue went away a while ago when stable builds were introduced back into the game's release.

Anyways, if there's something you don't like about a mod, don't use it. You have not one iota of influence in getting a modder to do anything. Complain all you want. In the end, they still get to use their mod and other people still get to use their mod and... well, that's pretty much it.

Edited by Drew Kerman
MOAR NYAN!!!! (and oops, wrong assertion)

46 minutes ago, vontreigo said:

What is not ok is mods that mock the game and introduce elements who's only purpose is the ridicule and demean the 64bit app.

I don't think the intent is to "ridicule and demean the 64bit app" at all.. (after all, if you recall, as soon as an official 64bit version of KSP was released, the Nyan Cat disappeared) Just as the cat only appeared in un-official 64bit versions, I think it's purely about indicating that the mod is currently only intended to be used with the 1.2 pre-release. I suspect that the first version of MM released after 1.2 is officially released, will not include the Nyan Cat.

Edited by JAFO

11 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I think it's purely about indicating that the mod is currently only intended to be used with the 1.2 pre-release

I just came back to edit my post but someone beat me to it. Forget the Squad kerfluflle, I totally forgot that people were (as usual) bugging Sarbian for a 1.2 pre-release version of MM. So yea, that's what you get! :)

Srsly, I apologize for even bringing up the Squad thing

Edited by Drew Kerman
srsly

5 hours ago, vontreigo said:

Please, I respectfully ask that you remove this from your mod.

Three things...

A: The cat is, IMO, awesome. Wouldn't be at all bothered if it became a permanent addition to the loading screen. Why does a simple animation offend you so?

B: It appears when you are running an unofficial / beta build of KSP - eg. the 1.2 pre-release or the old Win64-community hack. Also on April 1st. You are running the not-yet-released 1.2, right?

C: It's Sarbians mod, he can do with it whatever he wants. Perhaps you should ask nicely in the mod thread?
It's also CC licensed, so you feel free to modify it if you really don't want cat.

5 hours ago, vontreigo said:

What is not ok is mods that mock the game and introduce elements who's only purpose is the ridicule and demean the 64bit app.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with 64bit, and everything to do with running MM on a pre-release KSP.

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

I suspect that the first version of MM released after 1.2 is officially released, will not include the Nyan Cat.

Pretty much this^.

Edited by steve_v
More thing.

As the other said this has nothing to do with 64bit and had nothing to do with it since we have stable 64bit and the march 30th update of MM.

What I don't see explained here is why this is so offensive to you ? Please, enlighten me.

18 hours ago, sarbian said:

...What I don't see explained here is why this is so offensive to you ? Please, enlighten me.

Please forgive me, I don't convey my thoughts, as well as I would like to, in writings.

From the beginning of the game, Squad had a very boring load screen. Every now and then we got a new one (like one or two).  This time we get whole host of new load screen images that are very entertaining to me.  I didn't really mind that cat at first and was glad that it was finally removed. Now we have all these new screen and I can't enjoy them.  I love the mod. I'm more than certain that it's save me from crashing many time. Keep up the good work but please have mercy on me.

Suggestion: how about an on/off switch in the cfg ??

Edited by vontreigo

5 minutes ago, vontreigo said:

Please forgive me, I don't convey my thoughts, as well as I would like to, in writings.

From the beginning of the game Squad had a very boring load screen. Every now and then we got a new one (like one or two).  This time we get whole host of new load screen images that are very entertaining to me.  I didn't really mind that cat at first and was glad that it was finally removed. Now we have all these new screen and I can't enjoy them.  I love the mod. I'm more than certain that it's save me from crashing many time. Keep up the good work but please have mercy on me.

The thing you don;t seem to get is that the Nyan cat is important (and has nothing to do with 64 bit).  Back before 1.1, when 64 bit was an unofficial "hack" the nyan cat was used as a way of warning users that 64 bit wasn't supported.  Ever since 1.1 64 bit has been both completely stable and supported, so you're going off some outdated information when you talked about 64 bit being buggy.  In this the nyan cat is there because (at the time of your post) 1.2 was in prerelease, and the mod showing nyan cat was a dev build.  Again, the nyan cat was only there to warn you that it was a dev build on a prerelease version, not to "insult the 64 bit version" or whatever you think.  It's definitely not done out of spite, it's just a funny way of indicating that it's not a final version of KSP/ModuleManager.  When the "final" version of Module Manager for 1.2 is released nyan cat won't be there.

35 minutes ago, vontreigo said:

From the beginning of the game, Squad had a very boring load screen. Every now and then we got a new one (like one or two).  This time we get whole host of new load screen images that are very entertaining to me.  I didn't really mind that cat at first and was glad that it was finally removed. Now we have all these new screen and I can't enjoy them.  I love the mod. I'm more than certain that it's save me from crashing many time. Keep up the good work but please have mercy on me.

The cat only appears on the lower part of the screen, right?
There are these amazing "lifehacks" videos on youtube that show how to hide the bottom part of your monitor using an old book, strengthened with a ruler, using a dynamic decoupling contraption made out of duct-tape and tooth picks.
If it hides the bottom 25% of the monitor...that is like 75% solution in my books!:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.