Need help with the old KSP Landing Legs

blspblackdeath

Hello,

I was away for a while and I want to revive my Orginal KSP Parts Mod for 1.2.

I'm almost through with all parts exept the old Landing Leg.

The problem is that I can't get the legs to expand. I get the toggle button but nothing moves.

Next problem is I don't have an idea about modules.

So if anybody wants to help it would be appreciated.

So here for your info the part.cfg and a screen of my problem:

Part Folder

1GfBZp4.jpg

Edited by blspblackdeath

Hi took a look at your cfg and model file, they're not just old they're ancient... and maybe clones of another part?   From the looks of the model file you have not reworked the model in any way from it's original obsolete layout, I can see within the mu all the old names for the parts.  The legs changed over to a part module a long time ago , not animate generic,  to make the legs work with the new modules you will need to rework the hierarchy  within unity. so that it can be properly accessed by the code. It will help to export one of the existing squad models for reference,  then of course you could use an existing cfg as a guide

If however you are just looking for a quick and dirty fix, you are still going to have to export your model,  clean up as required and then add the animation required in order for the legs to at least fold out and extend. Then re export to KSP and simply reference your animation name in the animate generic module. That will work but there'll be no suspension or foot pivot as is available with a properly set up landing leg.

It's  likely that you didn't want to hear all that, and expected a nice easy solution, sorry buddy they are just too old for the fix to be simple

31 minutes ago, blspblackdeath said:

Anybody?!?

First of thank you for the reply. Well ancient is the point it was the first Landing Leg in KSP.

Well until now I managed to get it to work with minor tweaks.

You got me. I was looking for a easy solution. But now I have at least some idea what to do.

It will take some time but I appreciate the roadmap.

Edited by blspblackdeath

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.