The Grand KSP 1.2 Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

38 minutes ago, bewing said:

Actually, that part of it is called CommNet, and it's defaulted to "off" for upgraded games. All you have to do is go into the Settings part of the ESC menu and turn CommNet on.

Not there, only advance tweakable:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/248087696032173593/295D56D1C20A115F6ECF429F6393E009C2947E59/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/248087696032173721/04C1A800FBFD3314F49CB745AB818C3B4DAA9B76/

A nice quick summary, but:

2 hours ago, bewing said:

Autostruts: as long as the PhysX bugs in springs and joints are unfixed, the game has free autostruts as compensation. This probably means that they will get deleted in some future version, so don't get too attached to them.

Has this actually been specifically stated that way by Squad, or just conjecture/wishful thinking by those considering this to be 'cheating'?

So I need some help understanding the new Fuel Flow.  I was taking a look at it, but it's not making sense to me.

Here, I'll show you what I mean.
This first picture is straight forward, fuel in container goes to engine.  Noooooo problem, I can see that easy.
29639510724_ff0799399e_b.jpg

The second picture, not so straight forward.  I've added two tanks with symmetry and turned on the fuel crossfeed of the decouplers.  But the fuel is flowing from the right tank THROUGH the main tank into the left tank!  What?  Shouldn't it be flowing from both outside tanks INTO the center tank?

30235391446_2254b85a68_b.jpg

So then I thought I'd disable the fuel crossfeed and just use fuel lines.  You can only see one here, but rest assured the other side is the same.  Back to normal, side tanks feeding into center tank.  But then something strange happened.
30235389486_857695b557_b.jpg

I added a small tank on top and now the fuel is flowing from the big tank on bottom to the small tank on top? Again ... What?  That doesn't make sense.  It's the same on the other side as well.
29639505884_6b3caffedf_b.jpg

I've tried changing the numbers, increased them, decreased them, reversed them totally and as far as I can tell, the numbers make ZERO difference. 

Am I missing something?

* When a Kerbal plants a flag, credit is given to all landed/splashed Kerbals in physics range.  Prevents the need to have flag-planting parties with large crews.

Just now, I_Killed_Jeb said:

OMG yes

That is nice! So now I guess instead of flag planting parties, we'll have flag planting ceremonies where a bunch gather around and watch, with heads held high, while Jeb, or whoever, plants a flag. 

Even after doing the pre-release, I'm still somewhat surprised to find all the new part categories, and I'm loving them! Makes building much nicer. Just...why are lights not in the electrical section?

14 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

Sorry -- my directions were incomplete. Once you are in that menu, you click the "Difficulty Options" button, and it's on the first page of those settings. "Enable Comm Network"

One major thing for me in 1.2 is that its runs much faster.
iqpUB7lh.png
Miner in orbit to the right, on bottom is an tanker with 5 MK3 stacks, center is an MK3 passenger ship.
Now the real interesting part here ins the green numbers in the top left corner. Tanker is 102 part, miner 178, passenger ship 128  

QFor2Yhh.png
Passenger ship docked to miner

Hmm.  Nice smooth download and install from Steam.

But... I'm guessing that there's more to this update than a static loading screen with really spiffy art and some amusing new loading hints?

Because I was kind of expecting, you know, a GAME of some sort.  Rather than a loading screen that just stares back at me until I give it a three-finger salute after twenty minutes or so.

Maybe the Steam install wasn't QUITE as smooth as it seemed...?

*sigh*

Does the rocket act as expected in flight? "As expected" for me in this case is, the fuel tank on the left side of your pictures should actually act like the fuel tank on the right side displays.

That will determine if it's a problem with the diagram or with the actual fuel flow.

but yes, there is a problem somewhere :)

Just now, Srpadget said:

I'm guessing that there's more to this update than a static loading screen with really spiffy art and some amusing new loading hints?

There are a couple more things, yes. :wink: If you're having issues with the steam updated game not loading, try wiping the whole thing and downloading it fresh.  

18 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

In the game, hit ESC and click settings. Then click that button that everybody (me included) thinks at first is a header. It probably says "Difficulty Options: Custom"

Yes, it's a button. I promise. Click it and in there you can set the game-specific settings.

14 minutes ago, katateochi said:

That is nice! So now I guess instead of flag planting parties, we'll have flag planting ceremonies where a bunch gather around and watch, with heads held high, while Jeb, or whoever, plants a flag. 

No need to even go that far. Kerbals inside ships get the EX, as well. So just land a big bus, and have everyone watch Jeb through the windows as he plants the flag. 

11 minutes ago, katateochi said:

There are a couple more things, yes. :wink: If you're having issues with the steam updated game not loading, try wiping the whole thing and downloading it fresh.  

Yup.  Going through all the usual "Steam game is corrupted" steps now...

EDIT: Second install seems to have done the trick.  There really IS a game behind the loading screen! Yay!

Edited by Srpadget
Should be obvious, yes?

Thank you thank you thank you I love the new font finally can see my name's I name my ship's.  

I love this game I have spent many hours playing it I enjoy starting from the beginning thank you so much for your update it is excellent

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.