The Grand KSP 1.2 Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

4 minutes ago, LTRyan said:

I have a Question.

Is it normal that Network Connections can transmit thru a planet to the KSC?

All the green transmit waypoints show me that they move thru the surface to the ksc to establish a connetion, and no I have set the control to KSC only

On advanced difficulty settings, slide the bottom 2 slides to 1.00; ignore the DSN Modifier, the first slider.

5 minutes ago, LTRyan said:

I have a Question.

All the green transmit waypoints show me that they move thru the surface to the ksc to establish a connetion, and no I have set the control to KSC only

check occlusion settings.

when its <1, it can go through a planet

5 minutes ago, LTRyan said:

There is an occlusion threshold, which is tunable in the settings. By default is is lower than 100% IIRC, so signals will go through the outer parts of the planets.

Yay! 1.2! I saw on the notes before that you can now set a default action group for AnimateGeneric. Did they say how exactly to do that? The API is documented, but I cannot find anything on new part modules (Wiki is outdated)

50 minutes ago, akron said:

Yay! 1.2! I saw on the notes before that you can now set a default action group for AnimateGeneric. Did they say how exactly to do that? The API is documented, but I cannot find anything on new part modules (Wiki is outdated)

Take a look at the Mk2 and Mk3 crewed parts for examples. It's used for the lights.

I believe the Dawn engine got something extra into its config that prevents the dreaded "engine deprives probe core of all electricity, so now you cannot throttle down again, and the vessel is lost" problem.

Edited by Streetwind

I like to set the vacuum occlusion modifier to 1.0, and the atmospheric one to lower than that, because of atmospheric ducting.

Also, realistically, even without atmospheric ducting, there would be a little bit of signal due to diffraction - so its not super unrealistic

13 hours ago, Alshain said:

Putting a scissor lift in the cinematic without actually giving us that in-game is just cruel :P

soon(tm)?? Will 1.3 be update for stations / surfaces?? (hence we got fixes in biomes and wheels this update, it's only logical to think the next update has something further upon!)

Anyways thanks a lot for this update! This game is the best and will ever be better!

49 minutes ago, Kerbonaut905 said:

soon(tm)?? Will 1.3 be update for stations / surfaces?? (hence we got fixes in biomes and wheels this update, it's only logical to think the next update has something further upon!)

I'd rather see the previously promised graphical updates, to be honest.  If they added the functionality of many of the graphical mods, I would be playing almost stock rather than sitting here waiting on mods to update like I am now.

Edited by Alshain

15 hours ago, bewing said:

Flag planting ceremonies: No longer necessary. One flag covers all Kerbals in physics range.

Do they still have to get out of the ship, or does seated comfortably in a crew cabin count as being in physics range? (not clear, since technically physics isn't affecting kerbals still inside)

1 minute ago, Jarin said:

Do they still have to get out of the ship, or does seated comfortably in a crew cabin count as being in physics range? (not clear, since technically physics isn't affecting kerbals still inside)

I see room for exploiting shenanigans; put your 2km periapsis just over the landing site and time the flag planting very well = profit!!

55 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Never was an issue for me :P .

Well, spaceplanes, for me, in 1.1.3, would only be stable for short while at a certain elevation... and afterward it would start teetering up and down, faster and harder, until they eventually spin out of control and become completely unrightable, at about 8,000-10,000 m up, for one reason or another. It was clearly a bug.

Every few seconds, everything freezes for like less than 0.5 seconds. No mods, plenty of RAM and computing power. It happens regardless of the stuff currently on the screen. Even in the map view.

I was looking at the performance graph (alt+F12) and each time it does that, the graph spikes up. This is all I've got. *shrug*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.