[1.3] Alshain's Modlets - Electric Lights, Localizer Helper, Advanced Tweakables Button, Bulb

Alshain

This thread is for support and discussion of my small number of utility mods.

Advanced Tweakables Button

Advanced Tweakables Button puts an application launcher button in the editor and flight scenes that allows you to toggle the visibility of advanced tweakables without entering the settings menu.  The tweakable menus will update immediately allowing you to access advanced options or declutter them at a moments notice.

lTGYRP9.png

Optional Dependency:

Toolbar Continued (Wrapper)
Authors: Maik Schreiber (Blizzy78), linuxgurugamer
Version: 1.7.14
Website: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/161857-13
License: 2-Clause BSD

Spacedock Download
Github Download
Github Source
License: MIT

Electric Lights

Electric Lights is a realism mod that makes cabin lights require a small electric charge when turned on.

x3uJKqM.png

Required Dependency (Not Included): Module Manager

Spacedock Download
Github Download
Github Source

Localizer Helper

Localization Helper will allow mod localization library creators to force a language onto KSP, even if the game doesn't yet support the language. This allows the libraries to be mostly tested with the new language.

To configure the language, install the mod and open the file /GameData/LocalizationHelper/PluginData/Language.cfg

Enter the appropriate language code and save.

Warning: The mod does not protect itself against malformed language codes. Improper editing of this file may cause exceptions to be raised.

Note: Language elements can only be displayed if the appropriate libraries are available. In game elements including, but not limited to, action group names, part information, part category names, etc. will only be translated if the Squad provided language libraries are available. For languages that are not installed or do not yet exist, these elements will show in English. However, elements from the libraries of specific mods will be displayed in the configured language.

Spacedock Download
Github Download
Github Source

Bulb

Bulb is a small mod that brings the sliders that control light color out to the flight scene.

KaSxFax.png

Spacedock Download
Github Download
Github Source
License: GPLv3

Edited by Alshain

I was just thinking that, with all the people posting who can't seem to find the Advanced Tweakable setting in the menu, it should have just been a toggle button in the VAB.

It's also a lot more useful to be able to switch it on and off as needed right there in the build scene.

So, nice job!

Edited by RoboRay

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Li0n said:

Hi @Alshain thanks for your little but very useful mods.

I noticed a typo error in your OP : the spacedock link for Advanced Tweakables Button point to github.

Thanks.  This forum software doesn't like to play nice with multiple links like that.

3 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Haha rad, I think I got download #1 on Spacedock.  Can't wait to try it!  Feedback here, not on the other thread?

Feedback is fine here or there as long as I'm tagged so I don't miss it.  Let me know how it goes!

Oh, one known issue is the parts that use the color changer module do not show the electric charge required in the part's editor info screen.  I don't yet know how to add such a thing.

Edited by Alshain

On 11/10/2016 at 10:28 PM, Alshain said:

Electric Lights

Electric Lights is a realism mod that makes cabin lights require a small electric charge when turned on.

Very nice, I was thinking about adding that function to my mod, Crew Light. No need anymore, thanks.

Electric Light seems not to register MK1 Command Pod, in VAB light turns on, on the launchpad it does not, removing the mod fixes this issue, also tried adding the part name to MM-Patch that is inside the mod, no effect either.

there are no errors or anything unusual going on.

@Alshain Hey, i am doing another test right now with Bulp active and Electric lights. Will let you know i a minute.

Ok here is what i got, If both mod's Bulp and Electric light is active i get the nullref's, remove either mod nullref's stop.

Maybe there is some kind of a conflict between those two?

Edited by dtoxic

41 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

@Alshain Hey, i am doing another test right now with Bulp active and Electric lights. Will let you know i a minute.

Ok here is what i got, If both mod's Bulp and Electric light is active i get the nullref's, remove either mod nullref's stop.

Maybe there is some kind of a conflict between those two?

Yes, it is.  I know what is happening.  Bulb's script adds itself to any part using ModuleLight, as part of Electric Lights I use a script to convert cockpits to using ModuleLight.  However, the cockpits do not have an emissive (an actual shining light) that Bulb can interact with.  The good news is I can correct this with some tweaks to the MM scripts, I just have to ensure that Bulb adds it's scripts before Electric Lights so that the cockpits aren't using ModuleLight until after Bulb's script has passed.

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

Yes, it is.  I know what is happening.  Bulb's script adds itself to any part using ModuleLight, as part of Electric Lights I use a script to convert cockpits to using ModuleLight.  However, the cockpits do not have an emissive (an actual shining light) that Bulb can interact with.  The good news is I can correct this with some tweaks to the MM scripts, I just have to ensure that Bulb adds it's scripts before Electric Lights so that the cockpits aren't using ModuleLight until after Bulb's script has passed.

Nice, glad we got it! :)

28 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Feature request: make the Bulb sliders hide with Advanced Tweakables?

Well, I personally hate the advanced tweakables.  I think it is a good idea but a very bad implementation.  Things that should be advanced aren't (such as landing gear sliders), things that shouldn't be advanced are (such as staging control on various parts).  That's why I was forced to make the mod to flip it back and forth, the original idea was to modify the fields so they were better placed but I never could get it to work.  I don't want my other mods to have anything to do with that poor implementation.

Edited by Alshain

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.