Question about CKAN

Jeb!

It helps if you could write out "KAX" instead of using the acronym... not every person can remember every mod out there.

I looked it up in the Netkan repository, and there's a "FantomWorks KAX Part Pack" listed. Is that the mod you mean? Can only guess here.

If the mod is listed in the repository, but you cannot find it in the CKAN client, this has a very simple reason: By default, CKAN only displays mods that are compatible with your installed version of KSP. If you just updated to KSP 1.2, then CKAN will only show mods that have already updated to 1.2; all others will be filtered out. And if the mod you're looking for is still on 1.1.3 only, it won't show up.

You can fix this by changing your filter settings. There's a big fat button with a magnifying glass and appropriate text right in the middle of the toolbar that lets you do so. :wink:

16 hours ago, Streetwind said:

It helps if you could write out "KAX" instead of using the acronym... not every person can remember every mod out there.  

Kerbal Aircraft Expansion. Ok I wrote it out. :D

I though it was well known, but oh well. Sorry about that.

16 hours ago, Streetwind said:

If the mod is listed in the repository, but you cannot find it in the CKAN client, this has a very simple reason: By default, CKAN only displays mods that are compatible with your installed version of KSP. If you just updated to KSP 1.2, then CKAN will only show mods that have already updated to 1.2; all others will be filtered out. And if the mod you're looking for is still on 1.1.3 only, it won't show up.

I am intentionally waiting to update so that I can still use my mods. (This is why I don't use Steam lol.) Didn't ever try the filter, but now I can find KAX at an earlier version. Thanks for the tip!

One moar question, how do you know if mod makers plan on even updating their mods? Of course I'm not trying to start the "when when when" thing, but is it just a matter of waiting to see if it appears on CKAN, or can we actually know when a mod is "dead" and has no planned updates?

Every mod has a forum thread here. You can use the search function in the top right of the forum header; just typing the mod name generally finds it among the first 5 links, assuming you wrote it correctly.

Once you're there, browse back a couple pages through the thread, and look for messages by the author, or anything else that might look related. For example, if you were to look up Near Future Technologies, the (as of this writing) third last post would be what would answer your question. :wink:

Edited by Streetwind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.