SQUAD

Kerbal Space Program update 1.2 “Loud and Clear” is now available!

Hello everyone!

Kerbals hit a milestone, they are now interconnected and they can hear you Loud and Clear! Let your imagination fly with new possibilities, build communication networks, control vehicles remotely and explore every inch of the Kerbol System in ways that weren’t possible before with this new update!

Kerbal Space program 1.2: Loud and Clear includes a broad range of  improvements and features that will  enrich the overall game experience, such as the introduction of CommNet and KerbNet, a rewrite of the Stability Assist  System (SAS) that makes your launches more accurate and fuel efficient, an engine change from Unity 5.2 to 5.4, more tweakable options for many parts, a complete fuel system redesign, and much more!

Here are some of the highlights for this update:

CommNet

Set up your own communications networks and have better control over your probes even when they cannot establish a direct connection. Link your probes back to Kerbin via an antenna to be completely autonomous and build relay networks for better science transmission!

KerbNet

Use satellites for reconnaissance purposes, scan the terrain below you, find biomes and anomalies, and place custom waypoints with a targeting interface.

Improved Fuelflow System

The Fuelflow system has been rewritten and now you have total control over how the fuel flows through your vessels!

Improved Wheels

The stability of Wheels has been greatly improved. Your rovers, wheeled vehicles will now turn and handle smoothly, making the overall driving experience more pleasant. Aircraft are also more stable, and all wheels have realistic load limits.

Kerbal Space Program 1.2 “Loud and Clear”  is now available on the KSP Store, Steam and will soon be available on GOG and other third party resellers.

That's all cool and stuff, but what about DevNote Tuesdays?  :D

And why hasn't everyone else jumped on this thread yet?

In more seriousness, thanks for the update.  I've enjoyed the pre-release, and I look forward to diving into the game in more depth.

Yay! Congratulations on the release! I am excited to dive in

:D

Edited by JedTech

Nice! Are the full patch notes available anywhere?

EDIT: Nevermind... Found it here: 

Edited by Xavven

Trend: New updates always release on Tuesdays so SQUAD can get out of doing the devnotes.

Tuesday is my new favorite day of the week.

:D

I just got into the game and there are so many new parts groups! No more massive utility group. Thanks SQUAD. I am going to end my post here and go play KSP 1.2 now. See you in about 12 hours guys!

Thats it? This isnt even the right thread it should be in announcments

@Redneck it is allready there:

The Changelog is huge. I think all the bug hunting an optimisations are far more important for KSP than the new features but i like them also

Edited by KroShan

Just now, KroShan said:

@Redneck it is allready there:

now it is i just came from that thread

Great! This is one of the more well polished updates so far :D

Any news on fixing the horrendous mess you and flying Tiger have made aka console ksp?

14 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Perfect timing! I just got up!

...to go to work :/

Like you haven't been 1.2ing your butt off already. We have video proof :wink: 

Spoiler

KerbalCM_InstrumentTestFit.jpg

Play KSP 1.2... or mod parts for Kerbal Instrument/Control Panel...
Hmm... Mod hunting for KSP or part modding with a Dremel... Hmm... :P

Edited by richfiles

10 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Like you haven't been 1.2ing your butt off already. We have video proof :wink: 

...but mods! Mods are updating! I can FEEL IT!

Are wheels still "auto-strutted" to the vessel behind the scenes?
That broke my giant rover Gilly Vanilli by making it's super flexible docking port based suspension go rigid.
If your suspension remains rigid for more than 4 hours, contact your KSP developer, as unintended side effects may occur. :D

5 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

...but mods! Mods are updating! I can FEEL IT!

I'm planning on a full month until all the ones I like are ready :)

So has anyone else noticed Schrodigener's relay dish on the landing leg of the lander in the trailer. It's there and not there at the same time. :P

I felt a great disturbance in the update, as if countless mods suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
I fear something   terrible   wonderful, but incompatible, has happened. :cool:

Edited by richfiles
Krankin' up the Kool

5 minutes ago, Kuansenhama said:

So has anyone else noticed Schrodigener's relay dish on the landing leg of the lander in the trailer. It's there and not there at the same time. :P

Yup, I noticed that when it was run for second time on the stream.

At least it didn't come back later.

YES!!! I'm going to go play around with for a few days. I want to drive on a satellite dish like @ShadowZone

Awesome!

Not to sound ungrateful, I was hoping they might throw us a few small morsels about the expansion packs and other things they mentioned in the last devnotes. They didn't promise anything though, so it was not expected they would, its just.... as Veruca Salt would say, "I want it now".

Again, good work Squad. I'll be waiting in anticipation to hear about the next steps in this great project.

Edited by Tourist