Kerbal Space Program update 1.2 “Loud and Clear” is now available!

SQUAD

Hello everyone!

Kerbals hit a milestone, they are now interconnected and they can hear you Loud and Clear! Let your imagination fly with new possibilities, build communication networks, control vehicles remotely and explore every inch of the Kerbol System in ways that weren’t possible before with this new update!

Kerbal Space program 1.2: Loud and Clear includes a broad range of  improvements and features that will  enrich the overall game experience, such as the introduction of CommNet and KerbNet, a rewrite of the Stability Assist  System (SAS) that makes your launches more accurate and fuel efficient, an engine change from Unity 5.2 to 5.4, more tweakable options for many parts, a complete fuel system redesign, and much more!

Here are some of the highlights for this update:

CommNet

Set up your own communications networks and have better control over your probes even when they cannot establish a direct connection. Link your probes back to Kerbin via an antenna to be completely autonomous and build relay networks for better science transmission!

KerbNet

Use satellites for reconnaissance purposes, scan the terrain below you, find biomes and anomalies, and place custom waypoints with a targeting interface.

Improved Fuelflow System

The Fuelflow system has been rewritten and now you have total control over how the fuel flows through your vessels!

Improved Wheels

The stability of Wheels has been greatly improved. Your rovers, wheeled vehicles will now turn and handle smoothly, making the overall driving experience more pleasant. Aircraft are also more stable, and all wheels have realistic load limits.

Kerbal Space Program 1.2 “Loud and Clear”  is now available on the KSP Store, Steam and will soon be available on GOG and other third party resellers.

That's all cool and stuff, but what about DevNote Tuesdays?  :D

And why hasn't everyone else jumped on this thread yet?

In more seriousness, thanks for the update.  I've enjoyed the pre-release, and I look forward to diving into the game in more depth.

Are wheels still "auto-strutted" to the vessel behind the scenes?
That broke my giant rover Gilly Vanilli by making it's super flexible docking port based suspension go rigid.
If your suspension remains rigid for more than 4 hours, contact your KSP developer, as unintended side effects may occur. :D

I felt a great disturbance in the update, as if countless mods suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
I fear something   terrible   wonderful, but incompatible, has happened. :cool:

Edited by richfiles
Krankin' up the Kool

5 minutes ago, Kuansenhama said:

So has anyone else noticed Schrodigener's relay dish on the landing leg of the lander in the trailer. It's there and not there at the same time. :P

Yup, I noticed that when it was run for second time on the stream.

At least it didn't come back later.

Awesome!

Not to sound ungrateful, I was hoping they might throw us a few small morsels about the expansion packs and other things they mentioned in the last devnotes. They didn't promise anything though, so it was not expected they would, its just.... as Veruca Salt would say, "I want it now".

Again, good work Squad. I'll be waiting in anticipation to hear about the next steps in this great project.

Edited by Tourist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.