Kerbal Space Program update 1.2 “Loud and Clear” is now available!

SQUAD

Yay! Thanks for all the work!

But I second that: at least a link to the full changelog would have been nice, because I'd really like to know where all the subtle changes happened.

But then again, I can find them myself by trying out, so... just updating Steam :)

+++Easter Eggs
* Added hidden fun stuff to almost every planet.
* Mohole given an empty PQSCity, which allows it to appear in KerbNet.
* Gave many easter eggs colliders.
* Fix Duna's SSTV not playing.
* Unburied Duna's MSL.

Oh GLORIOUS day! :D

Edited by richfiles

Well, first impressions (about 5 hours into career):

• CommNet looks nice.
  • what is KerbNet? Notes make it sound like something similar to scansat, name make it sound like it work only on kerbin?
  • RockPlanet stable! Not a single crash yet (linux amd64 binary). Kudos to QA team.
  • Ingame text look much better. I have some reservations about typeface, but its still improvement.
  • Many new options in settings and difficulty panels.

9 hours ago, eddiew said:

I'm planning on a full month until all the ones I like are ready :)

Optimist :)

Me, word-for-word, last night:

"Babe, there's a kerbals update tomorrow!"

"So?"

"Im just saying, expect me to enter a kerbals phase in approx. 6 months."

2 minutes ago, Winderfo said:

Still not updating in GOG. Any expected release time?

It's called Good Old Games for a reason. By the time they update, the update is old.

It's usually a couple days to a week. Nobody here can tell you when, only GOG knows.

I personally won't buy from them because of it.

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

It's called Good Old Games for a reason. By the time they update, the update is old.

It's usually a couple days to a week. Nobody here can tell you when, only GOG knows.

I personally won't buy from them because of it.

I think the name "Good Old Games" is a little bit outdated since they now offer all kind of games, not only the old ones. Anyways in last updates it took more than Steam but only a few hours to a day.

2 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Just wondering: is there a reset option for the contract weighting? Ie: I may decline lots of Jool missions, but later on want more Jool missions.

There's no reset option, though you could edit Jool back up in your persistent file.

Note that no matter how many contracts you decline, you'll still get one offered on occasion. So to bring Jool back up "naturally" you just have to accept Jool contracts whenever you see them.

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

There's no reset option, though you could edit Jool back up in your persistent file.

Note that no matter how many contracts you decline, you'll still get one offered on occasion. So to bring Jool back up "naturally" you just have to accept Jool contracts whenever you see them.

Which, IMHO, is a massive flaw in the system... I may not want to deploy a satellite or build a station, but I may be interested in landing a rover. Would make more sense to just ask the player what their next priority is, with an option for none... (I know it's not your fault, just grumbling.)

5 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Wouldn't have been a fan of having to edit a save, but the latter will do me just fine :)

Cheers!

2 hours ago, eddiew said:

Which, IMHO, is a massive flaw in the system... I may not want to deploy a satellite or build a station, but I may be interested in landing a rover. Would make more sense to just ask the player what their next priority is, with an option for none... (I know it's not your fault, just grumbling.)

Sounds like a job for admin building.

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Just wondering: is there a reset option for the contract weighting? Ie: I may decline lots of Jool missions, but later on want more Jool missions.

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Pretty sure that there was a reset option mentioned by @Arsonide. Might be in the Alt-F12 debug menu, maybe?

1 hour ago, radonek said:

Sounds like a job for admin building.

Well the Strategia mod goes half way towards that - you can nominate a target of interest and receive big bonuses for going there... but it doesn't really enforce contract generation to just be around that body.

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time posting.  I have noticed a few questions about ps4 update being ignored.  Just wondering if you guys are giving up on the ports?  Just curious because I have not asked Sony for a refund yet because I REALLY enjoyed this game (right up until my game save was corrupted) and would love to get back to playing.  

Also, porting bugs aside, this game is AMAZING!  Thanks for all the hard work thus far.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.