What happened to the Porkjet parts?

Superluminaut

The fact they are a mod is  blocking those who cant or wont use mods for what ever reason. I hope Squad does the right thing and makes them stock so all users can get them. 1.2.1 or 1.3 doesnt matter just as long as they become stock

3 minutes ago, Higgs said:

The fact they are a mod is  blocking those who cant or wont use mods for what ever reason. I hope Squad does the right thing and makes them stock so all users can get them. 1.2.1 or 1.3 doesnt matter just as long as they become stock

They were released as a mod so modders could get a head-start/see examples how to use the new part-upgrade system.

Edited by Caelib

20 minutes ago, Caelib said:

They were released as a mod so modders could get a head-start/see examples how to use the new part-upgrade system.

But does this mean they WILL be stock? Squad has failed to say on this. Also this is to anyone who knows: that zip file above, is it an actual plug and go mod or is coding needed?

34 minutes ago, Higgs said:

But does this mean they WILL be stock? Squad has failed to say on this. Also this is to anyone who knows: that zip file above, is it an actual plug and go mod or is coding needed?

During the final months of the 1.1 development period, the devnotes said that Porkjet was starting the planning for the rocket part overhaul, which was to be in a future version--1.2 was never specified.  With his departure, the whole thing is up in the air. Maybe another dev will pick it up, maybe there will be a whole different kind of overhaul, maybe nothing at all.

I suspect the parts we did get--just the 1.25m engines and tanks, plus the Mk1 pod--were all he had completed before his departure, it would explain a lot.

The parts are just like a parts mod, simply put it in Gamedata.  They don't replace the old stock parts, they just get added to the existing ones.  Some simple Module Manager patches can replace the old versions with the new ones.

8 hours ago, Caelib said:

At this time, they are currently only available to download as a mod/add-on folder.  Which can be found here:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/files/PartOverhauls.zip

Intresting, has anyone verified if it has any effect? do the Upgrades even apprear in the Tech tree, if so, it would solve my dummy parts upgrade problem ...

43 minutes ago, Levelord said:

Failure to update patch notes on a change of plans is part of game development?

The patch notes list what an update has changed to the existing game.  Nothing was changed to the parts, so why should anything be listed?

Edited by klgraham1013

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Intresting, has anyone verified if it has any effect? do the Upgrades even apprear in the Tech tree, if so, it would solve my dummy parts upgrade problem ...

The upgrade system works, yes. The framework supporting it in stock is implemented but no stock parts use it (yet?).

@regex made an album of the upgrade system as used in Porkjet's revamp add on, you can see it here: http://imgur.com/a/Ipy3A

5 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

The upgrade system works, yes. The framework supporting it in stock is implemented but no stock parts use it (yet?).

@regex made an album of the upgrade system as used in Porkjet's revamp add on, you can see it here: http://imgur.com/a/Ipy3A

Great, this finally allows us to fill all those empty tech nodes in the correct mannor (in the past I used dummy parts which confused peopleinto thinking they were real parts)

Edit: By the way, how to get access to the Stats popup?

Edited by FreeThinker

10 hours ago, Xyphos said:

I find it humourous that the non-aircraft landing gear legs were borked on purpose prior to his leaving.

First I've heard of THAT.  I've seen numerous folk claiming that the official landing leg parts were in fact a viable choice for 'parts to land on' once again in 1.2.

I don't know about others, but that is important to me.  The wheel glitch (and in particular its effects on landing LEGS, more than wheels per se) were the primary reason I was still using 1.0.5 as of day before yesterday.

So, what's up with landing legs?

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

Intresting, why did he leave?

Rumor has it, he got a better offer at a different company, but I wouldn't put too much credibility on rumors. Also, please don't start the devs-leaving discussion again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.