Having errors updating

So, I saw this before when I tried to install 1.1: 

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1668) [generator=3.1.2]

Process_stderr canceled [0]

rsync exited with code 23: Partial transfer due to error

Can I get help? what is going on and what can I do to combat it?

11 hours ago, Astromoo2 said:

So, I saw this before when I tried to install 1.1: 

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1668) [generator=3.1.2]

Process_stderr canceled [0]

rsync exited with code 23: Partial transfer due to error

Can I get help? what is going on and what can I do to combat it?

The patcher is no longer maintained or supported, please use the patches for your system if available or the full store download, thank you.

Well, please remove the update button in launcher. This trap got me too.

Aaand the Launcher does not recognize that i used the x64 1.1.3 to 1.2 patch. But Readme is telling me, patch was successful.

win 7 64 bit here

edit2: 64bit patch does not change the standard buildid.txt and launcher reads only this one not the x64 one

Edited by Tahib

• 2 weeks later...

I nee

On 10/12/2016 at 0:46 PM, sal_vager said:

It is not possible to remove buttons in old versions of the launcher from your machine, the launchers do not do any updates of that degree.

If you start KSP with the KSP_x64.exe you will see you have the 64bit version.

I need more specific info, do you mean delete the files for the in-launcher updater? Also to note: when trying to install the 1.1 update a while ago, I eventually got the update to install VIA continually using the in-launcher patcher until it once took FOREVER... so I left it a day or 2, and once I came back, I actually had installed the 1.1 update. No re-installing the game was required, and though I had tried using the patcher found in the game files 1 or 2 times, it did not do anything for installing 1.1, so I think you can just try again and again... until it installs, and I assume that it will work the same again. Any more commonly understood ways to reword this please?

It's not possible to guarantee that a copy of KSP that was updated to 1.2 using the patcher (which should not be working) will work without problems from updating in that manner, so please if you do run into any issues I ask that you redownload KSP from your Squad store account page.

3 hours ago, sal_vager said:

It's not possible to guarantee that a copy of KSP that was updated to 1.2 using the patcher (which should not be working) will work without problems from updating in that manner, so please if you do run into any issues I ask that you redownload KSP from your Squad store account page.

Doesn't that mean having to start again from the very beginning?

12 hours ago, JMS1959 said:

Doesn't that mean having to start again from the very beginning?

12 hours ago, Astromoo2 said:

That would be bad for me.

Not at all, you can either install over the top of your existing install, use the patch to update your current install, or install the game again and copy your saves from one to the other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.