[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

3 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

So I'm getting these weird hexagons when I take off from Kerbin:

yGANROI.png

They don't seem to appear when I reenter the atmosphere, and I'm pretty sure it's EVE's doing.

have you tried without eve before you started pointing fingers? try with and without and see if it still happens.

Edited by Galileo

Hey, can anyone help me? For the life of me I can't get clouds to work in my install, thanks! Let me know if you need any more information. There's not much in the way of description to provide, I've tried in both 32 and 64 bit, I've tried without additional mods, I've played around with it for about 3 hours trying everything I can, the clouds simply don't appear. 

Install Image

Output_log

Edited by Decus91
Additional information

@Decus91 i am surprized that you can even launch the game with so many NullRef exceptions! Apart from having both the "BoulderCo" and "KSPRC" folders installed (remove the "BoulderCo" folder since it will confict with KSPRC) Steam has probably installed KSP 1.2.1 over your previous KSP version without cleaning up the leftover files.

So:

• Unistall KSP completely (including deleting the "Kerbal Space Program" folder under "Steam/SteamApps/Common")
  • Reinstall KSP
  • Copy the "Kerbal Space Program" folder somewhere outside "Program Files (x86)"
  • Reinstall your mods. Keep in mind that some of them are not yet updated for KSP 1.2.1.

1 hour ago, Phineas Freak said:

@NomenNescio can you remove Engine Lighting and try again?

Stand by please, I may have made a mistake when testing. I am now going through my entire gamedata folder.

After an hour I've found this mod is not to blame. It was infact the fuel ducts in Vens Part Revamp mod. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by NomenNescio

46 minutes ago, Decus91 said:

Hey, can anyone help me? For the life of me I can't get clouds to work in my install, thanks! Let me know if you need any more information. There's not much in the way of description to provide, I've tried in both 32 and 64 bit, I've tried without additional mods, I've played around with it for about 3 hours trying everything I can, the clouds simply don't appear. 

Install Image

Output_log

You definitely can't have BoulderCo and ksprc Installed at the same time like Phineas Freak said.  

Edited by Galileo

Thanks for the support guys, I reinstalled KSP from scratch, created a copy on the desktop, and reinstalled the mods. Sadly no luck however, the issue remains as it was before, any ideas? Here's the new log file:

Log File

The install looks the same as before except with Boulder Co removed.

You're getting exceptions in KSPTechtreeEditor.

Please first try to use the minimum number of installed mods that reproduce the problem before trying to point the finger at one mod or another.

10 hours ago, Waz said:

You're getting exceptions in KSPTechtreeEditor.

Please first try to use the minimum number of installed mods that reproduce the problem before trying to point the finger at one mod or another.

Among the various configurations I tried was Eve and Boulder Co in isolation, here's the associated log file (renamed) (its actually a version I did just now having removed all the other mods, previously it was based on a clean install with Eve and Boulder Co only, with the same result; the log file for that was not saved so I've included the one from today):

EVE & BC log file

Edit: To make this as straight forward as possible, I've just tried Eve and B.Co in isolation again on a fresh copy (c/p from Steam directory, previously unmodded since last install), the only additional gamedata folders being Squad and ModManager (2.7.2) (so this one won't have the mod manager cache as above):

Eve & BC Clean log file

Re-Edit: Just to make sure, I've also reinstalled it today (incase I forgot something), and reinstalled Eve, B.Co and ModManager (2.7.1), without the old save file (the old one would have referred to techtree stuff which was uninstalled, potentially complicating things):

Eve & BC Cleanest log file

For clarity, the result is identical in each of them minus a few nullrefs in the output log file.

I had also tried KSPTechTreeEditor in isolation as well, which worked fine within the remit of the additional mods it supports (i.e.: there are exceptions for those parts of the tech tree that refer to parts provided by mods which were not installed). I assure you that my 3 hours of testing was performed with due diligence, Waz. Any help is appreciated, thanks. 

Update: Upon further analysis it appears to be a problem with Module Manager 2.7.2. 

Further Update: It was a problem with Module Manager 2.7.2 compatibility with EVE, today's release of 2.7.3 has resolved the issue.

Edited by Decus91
Additional information

3 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Tried to install manually but it failed. Any update on when it will be available for CKAN?

Not a lot to work with here :cool:.

Exactly how did you try to install manually?  What version of KSP and EVE are you using/installing?  Where did you put the contents of the AnyCPU-EVE-Release zip file?

9 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Not a lot to work with here :cool:.

Exactly how did you try to install manually?  What version of KSP and EVE are you using/installing?  Where did you put the contents of the AnyCPU-EVE-Release zip file?

Ya, didn't really need help with installing it, just was curious when CKAN was coming out.  I can figure out how to do it manually just like CKAN ease of use

16 minutes ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Ya, didn't really need help with installing it, just was curious when CKAN was coming out.  I can figure out how to do it manually just like CKAN ease of use

Well mod developers aren't the ones that update things on ckan,  so he wouldn't be able to tell you exactly when to expect a ckan update.  You will have to bring that up with the ckan guys. 

The manual install is very easy to do in the mean time

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Prisma said:

Hi guys!

Sorry for bothering you guys with your troubleshooting...

So I'm running macOS Sierra betaOS 10.12.1 build 16B2548a, and not the clouds stopped working in 1.2.1. :(

Is this my OS or just EVE?

Cheers

Nothing has changed in 1.2.1 that could break eve. .  So maybe it's an install error? 

Edited by Galileo

EDIT: Galileo explained this is just a bug on the main menu, they work in game! Nevermind!

It appears EVE, at least the clouds, do not work when Kopernicus is installed. I've got the following:

KSP 1.2.1
Kopernicus 1.2.1-1
EVE 1.1-3
EVE Configs (boulderco)

I'm trying to get Stock Visual Enhancements and Stock Visual Terrain mods to work. SVT is the one which requires Kopernicus. It seems I can get everything to work except for Clouds (Maybe the rest of EVE's features do not work, haven't really checked since I only care about clouds  at the moment).

Is there any way to get these two mods to play along? If I remove Kopernicus then the eve clouds work (also if I use SVE instead of boulderco configs). But ideally, I want to keep the high res terrain AND clouds! Thanks.

Edited by RadGH
Explained the bug so anyone else reading can see the answer immediately.

1 minute ago, RadGH said:

It appears EVE, at least the clouds, do not work when Kopernicus is installed. I've got the following:

KSP 1.2.1
Kopernicus 1.2.1-1
EVE 1.1-3
EVE Configs (boulderco)

I'm trying to get Stock Visual Enhancements and Stock Visual Terrain mods to work. SVT is the one which requires Kopernicus. It seems I can get everything to work except for Clouds (Maybe the rest of EVE's features do not work, haven't really checked since I only care about clouds  at the moment).

Is there any way to get these two mods to play along? If I remove Kopernicus then the eve clouds work (also if I use SVE instead of boulderco configs). But ideally, I want to keep the high res terrain AND clouds! Thanks.

They work perfectly fine together.  If you are not experiencing clouds in the main menu,  that is normal.  Go into the game and you will see clouds. It's a known bug. 

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

They work perfectly fine together.  If you are not experiencing clouds in the main menu,  that is normal.  Go I to the game and you will see clouds. It's a known bug. 

OH! You're right. I was just testing with the main menu since I'm so used to seeing clouds there. Thanks for such a quick response. I've just wasted an hour trying to fix it. Hah.

7 minutes ago, RadGH said:

OH! You're right. I was just testing with the main menu since I'm so used to seeing clouds there. Thanks for such a quick response. I've just wasted an hour trying to fix it. Hah.

I keep forgetting to add it to the known issues section on SVTs OP.  

On 11/5/2016 at 3:54 PM, msnbcorp said:

Hi, has someone any good cloud in high res ? I'm very tired of the crenelated cloud we can show in mid altitude ... and i have a good graphic card ^^.

If someone have that, i take it :wink:

With UVnoise, you shouldn't see any pixelization. Screenshot?

Otherwise, try SVE (see link on first post in this thread).

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

I keep forgetting to add it to the known issues section on SVTs OP.  

Has anyone ever seen a pattern to this? Is it only one type of cubemap mapping that works? Sometimes? I did need to change the startup sequencing, so that could have affected it.

7 minutes ago, Waz said:

Has anyone ever seen a pattern to this? Is it only one type of cubemap mapping that works? Sometimes? I did need to change the startup sequencing, so that could have affected it.

no the issue has been happening since 1.1. I think its just something on kopernicus' end.  but i may be wrong

On 11/5/2016 at 5:59 PM, Decus91 said:

Update: Upon further analysis it appears to be a problem with Module Manager 2.7.2. 

Further Update: It was a problem with Module Manager 2.7.2 compatibility with EVE, today's release of 2.7.3 has resolved the issue.

For future reference, note that EVE does not depend on ModuleManager. ModuleManager is more usually a requirement for mods that modify other mods or Squad files.

21 hours ago, Waz said:

For future reference, note that EVE does not depend on ModuleManager. ModuleManager is more usually a requirement for mods that modify other mods or Squad files.

True, but lets be honest, any respectable mod list has at least 15 mods in there, and some of them will require Module Manager, thus almost everyone on these forums will be using Module Manager. Of course it would be fair to say that I shouldn't have assumed compatibility between the two, even with Module Manager being as central of a mod as it is, but it is still nevertheless true that module manager will be included on the installs of the vast majority of the playerbase that frequents these forums. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.