[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

20 minutes ago, WillWam said:

Quick question - how come EVE isn't updated to work with the latest version of KSP?

Except for the main menu scene, everything works pretty fine. Well, I encountered some minor issues and recompiled EVE for 1.5.1 but it doesn't seem to be a common problem. So you can still use the latest release in 1.5.1 or if you encounter any issues, try my recompiled version:

(The main menu is still bugged even though I'm actually certain to found the reason for it... I just don't know how to fix it^^)

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Except for the main menu scene, everything works pretty fine. Well, I encountered some minor issues and recompiled EVE for 1.5.1 but it doesn't seem to be a common problem. So you can still use the latest release in 1.5.1 or if you encounter any issues, try my recompiled version:

(The main menu is still bugged even though I'm actually certain to found the reason for it... I just don't know how to fix it^^)

So... can I trick CKAN into thinking I have 1.4 or something?

4 minutes ago, WillWam said:

So... can I trick CKAN into thinking I have 1.4 or something?

Yes, that's possible :)

Go to Settings -> Compatible KSP Version

This will bring up a new window with a list of KSP versions. Select 1.4.2 (or 1.4 in general) and save the settings. You may need to hit the 'Update' button in the main window as well. This allows CKAN to show and install mod for older KPS versions :) 

15 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Yes, that's possible :)

Go to Settings -> Compatible KSP Version

This will bring up a new window with a list of KSP versions. Select 1.4.2 (or 1.4 in general) and save the settings. You may need to hit the 'Update' button in the main window as well. This allows CKAN to show and install mod for older KPS versions :) 

Ah! Worked like a charm. Thanks friend.

Edited by WillWam

Well, even though the main menu is just visible for a few seconds...if anyone really wants to get rid of the flickering/strange cloud shadows in KSP 1.5.1, you can try my filthy solution which I've used for testing purposes.

The reason for the flickerin is a changed main menu scene. SQUAD added a few more lights and changed a property of the sunlight. My 'mod' reverts these changes to the state of KSP 1.4.
I guess, a proper solution would be some changes in the EVE shaders but I have no clue how to do it :P

Spoiler

Stock lighting:
vNkg3bX.png

With LightChanger installed:
bRoywop.png

Download: https://github.com/4x4cheesecake/LightChanger/releases/latest

On 11/20/2018 at 5:38 PM, Kroslev Kerman said:

does it add Ecplise(makes it dark when there is a ecplise)

13 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I believe Scatterer does that, but not EVE.

Both EVE and scatterer do eclipses. Most people prefer scatterer’s, though.

12 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

OK, so I'm still a little confused about installing custom EVE configs. Do I just install EVE without configs and then just drop the custom config file in my Gamedata?

yes ;)

Usually, you will need more than a single config file but that's pretty much how it works. Just look at mods like SVE, they basically just add custom configs (and textures!) which are applied through EVE.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 1:14 PM, mrvice said:

Since when does eve look so bad? 

that´s how it looks like
https://imgur.com/a/gpUMuav

seems something is not right there are way to less clouds and they look ugly

Looks like the stock config. If you want more clouds and a different look, try SVE (don't forget to remove the stock configs).

2 hours ago, winnermah said:

How do i turn off the volumetric clouds?

This can be done by editing the 'cloud.cfg' via texteditor (the config can be found in 'KSP_install_directory/GameData/BoulderCo/Atmosphere/clouds.cfg') or via the ingame editor (available in the KSC scene or the trackingstation).

In both cases, you need to look for the entry 'layerVolume' and remove it. The ingame editor is the easiest way to do it, that's how it looks like:
Ca27QKC.png

Just uncheck the button, hit 'Save' and restart the game ;)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake
Added link to SVE

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Looks like the stock config. If you want more clouds and a different look, try SVE (don't forget to remove the stock configs).

This can be done by editing the 'cloud.cfg' via texteditor (the config can be found in 'KSP_install_directory/GameData/BoulderCo/Atmosphere/clouds.cfg') or via the ingame editor (available in the KSC scene or the trackingstation).

In both cases, you need to look for the entry 'layerVolume' and remove it. The ingame editor is the easiest way to do it, that's how it looks like:
Ca27QKC.png

Just uncheck the button, hit 'Save' and restart the game ;)

thankssss

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Not sure if I should post this here or in a Sigma thread. I've been thoroughly enjoying EVE and Scatterer with KSP version: 1.2.2 for some time now. But after scaling my stock system up 3.6x using sigma dimensions, not only are the clouds somewhere in the upper stratosphere on Kerbin but around Jool they now appear as a separate sphere of clouds by the side of Jool which looks like a hazy glass marble with a green ball in its center. Not to mention Duna and Eve, who's cloud layers are now in high orbit...

I've tried removing EVE and re-installing but the exact same problem still occurs. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

In 1.6 on Linux, I'm seeing some erratic memory leaking that this mod may be partially to blame for; 100kB/s of memory usage increase is not really normal. It's very odd, though, as Scatterer alone seems to eat memory in chunks of a few MB every minute, and it can take a while for the leaking to begin, so I'm not sure yet if this is causing its own memory leak or just exacerbating Scatterer's.

2 hours ago, Nebbie said:

In 1.6 on Linux, I'm seeing some erratic memory leaking that this mod may be partially to blame for; 100kB/s of memory usage increase is not really normal. It's very odd, though, as Scatterer alone seems to eat memory in chunks of a few MB every minute, and it can take a while for the leaking to begin, so I'm not sure yet if this is causing its own memory leak or just exacerbating Scatterer's.

Always best to test mod bugs in isolation. EVE and Scatterer are independent, but Scatterer does inject its own Shaders on top of EVE's.