[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

39 minutes ago, Waz said:

Always best to test mod bugs in isolation. EVE and Scatterer are independent, but Scatterer does inject its own Shaders on top of EVE's.

Yeah, this one was tricky because it takes like 2 minutes to show up, but after some more testing, it just happened with only EVE, but only for a few minutes... could it be related to texture loading behavior? It seems to not stop with SVE high res textures installed.

Edited by Nebbie
Tense change after yet more testing

Hi, sorry to post about this again, but my last one got buried. Coming back to KSP after a while, reinstalled EVE, SVE, and Scatterer. All things are working fine except for Eve (the planet), the atmosphere is completely opaque and uniformly pink. Searched through this post and SVE, didn't see anyone else with this problem...

Screenshot:  https://imgur.com/w3A3bw2

Any help would be great, I've never flown to Eve yet and I don't want it to look terrible when I get there!

Little issue, with BoulderCo installed I cant see resource scans on Eve (the planet) because it is covered in clouds. I also cant tell where I'm going to land, this may be more realistic, but how has anyone else landed on Eve? Half the time I end up in the middle of the ocean and capsize. A partial fix is using the biome scanner, but it isn't very precise and entering into Eve's atmoshere the conic patch line doesn't point exactly where I will land due to drag.

EDIT - screenshot

rUmbNav.jpg

Edited by kostik

56 minutes ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

BoulderCo puts a lot of cloud layers on Eve, the only way I found to avoid diving into the unknow is deleting de top one.

Wow, 5 layers! I deleted a few and its a lot better thanks!

On 12/27/2018 at 12:43 PM, CaptenQuirk said:

Hello! Not sure if I should post this here or in a Sigma thread. I've been thoroughly enjoying EVE and Scatterer with KSP version: 1.2.2 for some time now. But after scaling my stock system up 3.6x using sigma dimensions, not only are the clouds somewhere in the upper stratosphere on Kerbin but around Jool they now appear as a separate sphere of clouds by the side of Jool which looks like a hazy glass marble with a green ball in its center. Not to mention Duna and Eve, who's cloud layers are now in high orbit...

I've tried removing EVE and re-installing but the exact same problem still occurs. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Appears to be a case of EVE, scatterer or BoulderCo clouds (not sure which mod/s provide the clouds i see) getting confused by sigma. I can fix it by manually by adjusting the ridiculously high cloud altitudes but i must do this everytime, since it won't save these settings for some reason.

Edited by CaptenQuirk
Clarification

there used to be a cfg in SD that handled resized atmospheres, however I am not sure it is there anymore.

anyways, I am not familiar with eve's syntax anymore so if anyone knows about the syntax and has some time to explain it to me feel free to contact me

possibly on github but discord and this forum are ok as well

On 1/2/2019 at 4:29 PM, CaptenQuirk said:

Appears to be a case of EVE, scatterer or BoulderCo clouds (not sure which mod/s provide the clouds i see) getting confused by sigma. I can fix it by manually by adjusting the ridiculously high cloud altitudes but i must do this everytime, since it won't save these settings for some reason.

I have been told that SD works fine with SVE, so your issue might be a result of your specific setup.

can you list me the minimum amount of mods that still shows this issue for you? (try to remove every mod that is not needed to get the bug)

EDIT: I just noticed you are back in 1.2.2, I can't speak for that version since I don't remember the state of SD back then and I don't really provide support for older versions of ksp because that's a pain in the astronaut

Edited by Sigma88

@Waz I was wondering if you could offer some advice on a couple of the Volume Particle parameters.

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		layerVolume
		{
			size = [0],[1]
			area = [0],[1]
		}
	}
}

I'm mostly wondering about the first values, [0], for both size and area here and what they represent in the game.

For size, is it the particle's overall radius size?

For area, is it the particle count in a square array?

I'm just trying to understand how these two values affect the overall space/size on the body that they take up and as a result, can offer better advice on how they should be changed when scaling a system up or down.

If you could offer any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated. :D 

8 minutes ago, Y_Afaneh said:

I'm experiencing the issue that you fixed in your 1.5.1 unofficial build, it works fine with 1.5.1 but it's still there in 1.6.

I see.

Well, I wouldn't expect an update without any major problems (like no clouds at all or huge visual glitches) but if it can be solved by recompiling, maybe I can release another unoffical build. But if code changes are required, someone more skilled than me is required...the visual stuff is complicated and EVE is very complexe^^

Just now, 4x4cheesecake said:

I see.

Well, I wouldn't expect an update without any major problems (like no clouds at all or huge visual glitches) but if it can be solved by recompiling, maybe I can release another unoffical build. But if code changes are required, someone more skilled than me is required...the visual stuff is complicated and EVE is very complexe^^

Thanks

On 11/8/2018 at 2:00 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

So, I've recompiled EVE for 1.5.1 to get rid of this cloud flickering/wrong displayed cloud shadow and @Waz kindly allowed me to share this version.
I haven't done any code changes and so far, everything works fine. Tested with: EVE-Stock-configs, SVE, SVT, PlanetShine and scatterer.
Everyone who experience any issues in 1.5.1, might want to give it a try as well:

https://github.com/4x4cheesecake/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.5.1.1

I use this one with AVP ksp version is 1.6.

Edited by Y_Afaneh

6 minutes ago, Y_Afaneh said:

I use this one with AVP ksp version is 1.6.

Try the latest official EVE release instead of my unoffical one.

In 1.5.1, SQUAD messed around with some lights (you can see at least two relfections in the visor of the Kerbal in the main menu but there shoud be just one: the sun) but it looks like these changes got reverted or at least modified, in 1.6.0 so probably my recompiled version of EVE for 1.5.1 got some issues with 1.6.0.

I just tried AVP in combination with the 1.4. build of EVE and I cannot see anything wrong with the clouds or shadows (even in the main menu).

If you have installed the LightChanger I've published to get rid of the additional light sources in KSP 1.5.1, you should uninstall it as well since these lights doesn't seem to exist anymore ;)

14 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Try the latest official EVE release instead of my unoffical one.

In 1.5.1, SQUAD messed around with some lights (you can see at least two relfections in the visor of the Kerbal in the main menu but there shoud be just one: the sun) but it looks like these changes got reverted or at least modified, in 1.6.0 so probably my recompiled version of EVE for 1.5.1 got some issues with 1.6.0.

I just tried AVP in combination with the 1.4. build of EVE and I cannot see anything wrong with the clouds or shadows (even in the main menu).

If you have installed the LightChanger I've published to get rid of the additional light sources in KSP 1.5.1, you should uninstall it as well since these lights doesn't seem to exist anymore

I downloaded the 1.4 one and it worked perfectly, but my eyes couldn't handle the low frames so I had to delete the mods.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:14 PM, Sigma88 said:

there used to be a cfg in SD that handled resized atmospheres, however I am not sure it is there anymore.

anyways, I am not familiar with eve's syntax anymore so if anyone knows about the syntax and has some time to explain it to me feel free to contact me

On 1/2/2019 at 6:14 PM, Sigma88 said:

On 1/4/2019 at 3:17 PM, Sigma88 said:

I have been told that SD works fine with SVE, so your issue might be a result of your specific setup.

can you list me the minimum amount of mods that still shows this issue for you? (try to remove every mod that is not needed to get the bug)

EDIT: I just noticed you are back in 1.2.2, I can't speak for that version since I don't remember the state of SD back then and I don't really provide support for older versions of ksp because that's a pain in the astronaut

Hey Sigma, thanks for the reply! There are some options to change atmosphere and atmospheric effect scales in the cfg. I keep them all at 1x. Heres a paste of the settings i have:

SigmaDimensions
{
    // Base Settings

Resize = 3.6
    Rescale = 3.6
    Atmosphere = 1
    dayLengthMultiplier = 3.6

// Advanced Settings

landscape = 0.8
    geeASLmultiplier = 1

resizeScatter = 3.6
    resizeBuildings = 0
    groundTiling = 3.6

CustomSoISize = 0
    CustomRingSize = 0

atmoASL = 1
    tempASL = 1
    atmoTopLayer = 1
    atmoVisualEffect = 1

scanAltitude = 1
}

Would try troubleshooting every mod if it wasn't so time consuming and my ckan worked properly. And im also to busy/lazy to update game versions and find out half the mods are abandoned for that version. Also ive heard that the newer the KSP version the more broken, sadly. I do make sure i get all the right versions for my game on github though.

16 hours ago, panarchist said:

FYI to folks - if you HAVE to have EVE, stay on 1.5.1. 1.6 has new, incompatible shaders. Or at least Unity shaders that EVE doesn't support in its current state.

6 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Yes, among other things, text seems to render behind the EVE layers.

Log files? Screenshots (not from the main menu)?

Looks totally fine for me on 1.6.0/1.6.1 and nothing unusual in my logs though.

If you got my unoffical 1.5.1 release for EVE, go back to the offical 1.4 release.