[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

Is there a way that city lights can be added to other planets? I've tried mucking around with the config files but, as I wasn't able to find any tutorials on how to edit them, I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried making just an edited overlay mad and applying it to a different planet, but it ended up just covering the whole thing in lights. Any help?

On 1/5/2019 at 12:50 AM, Poodmund said:

@Waz I was wondering if you could offer some advice on a couple of the Volume Particle parameters.

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		layerVolume
		{
			size = [0],[1]
			area = [0],[1]
		}
	}
}

I'm mostly wondering about the first values, [0], for both size and area here and what they represent in the game.

For size, is it the particle's overall radius size?

For area, is it the particle count in a square array?

I'm just trying to understand how these two values affect the overall space/size on the body that they take up and as a result, can offer better advice on how they should be changed when scaling a system up or down.

If you could offer any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated. :D 

Sorry for the slow response. Size - yes. Area - yes, but it's a hexagonal area (approximating a circle with that radius), not a square. area[1] is how many times to subdivide the hexagon (into ever smaller triangles with a particle at each vertex). The biggest performance issue is having area[1] too large - the smaller you can make it, the better.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:57 PM, HippieGold said:

Is there a way that city lights can be added to other planets? I've tried mucking around with the config files but, as I wasn't able to find any tutorials on how to edit them, I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried making just an edited overlay mad and applying it to a different planet, but it ended up just covering the whole thing in lights. Any help?

Given there has been no response I'm not sure if this was a stupid question or not

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Anyone have experience using this in 1.6.1? Sorry in advance if this is already answered. I just need clouds :D 

Just started a new career game in 1.6.1 today and I have EVE + SVE + SVT + scatterer + PlanetShine + Distance Object Enhancements installed. So far, I haven't noticed any big issues (just some flickering in the main menu like in 1.5). Haven't checked any other planets though, just Kerbin,  but I don't expect any problems.

48 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Just started a new career game in 1.6.1 today and I have EVE + SVE + SVT + scatterer + PlanetShine + Distance Object Enhancements installed. So far, I haven't noticed any big issues (just some flickering in the main menu like in 1.5). Haven't checked any other planets though, just Kerbin,  but I don't expect any problems.

did you install using ckan or is there a compiled version of each of these for 1.6.1? I just want a fairly few set of visual mods. Also what's the highest official version of eve?

Edited by The-Doctor

2 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

did you install using ckan or is there a compiled version of each of these for 1.6.1?

I used CKAN for all of the mods but you have to set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 to be compatibe game versions (in CKAN: Settings -> Compatibe KSP versions). CKAN will always pick the latest available version even though you mark all of these versions to be compatible, so if there is a 1.4 and 1.6 version of a mod, CKAN will install the 1.6 version.

5 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Also what's the highest official version of eve?

1.4.2-2

https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/latest

36 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I used CKAN for all of the mods but you have to set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 to be compatibe game versions (in CKAN: Settings -> Compatibe KSP versions). CKAN will always pick the latest available version even though you mark all of these versions to be compatible, so if there is a 1.4 and 1.6 version of a mod, CKAN will install the 1.6 version.

1.4.2-2

https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/latest

is there a way to town down scatterer so I can just have some ocean effects and some atmospheric effects only? I wanna save performance despite having a 16gb ram, when I installed avp 2k and scatterer I noticed my fps reduced

5 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

is there a way to town down scatterer so I can just have some ocean effects and some atmospheric effects only? I wanna save performance despite having a 16gb ram, when I installed avp 2k and scatterer I noticed my fps reduced

There is an in game settings menu for scatterer (in the latest version available via toolbar button, it shows a big blue marble). You can reduce the gridsize of the ocean shader, deactivate sky reflection, remove lens flares, godrays and kopernicus ring shadows. Not sure how much these effects actually impact the framerate, I usually just turn off the godrays.
There are probably more things to change in the config file (GameData/scatterer/config/config.cfg) but if you need more infos about this, I would suggest to ask in the scatterer thread instead ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a library of some sort for the variables (effect and range) used by EVE and its config packs. Is there such a thing available anywhere? I searched on Google, the forum and the source code and didn't find anything. I know there are tooltips for some variables in the in-game Config Editor, but it only shows for a few of them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 6:49 PM, kostik said:

Little issue, with BoulderCo installed I cant see resource scans on Eve (the planet) because it is covered in clouds. I also cant tell where I'm going to land, this may be more realistic, but how has anyone else landed on Eve? Half the time I end up in the middle of the ocean and capsize. A partial fix is using the biome scanner, but it isn't very precise and entering into Eve's atmoshere the conic patch line doesn't point exactly where I will land due to drag.

EDIT - screenshot

@kostik If you run scansat, you can also use it's capabilities to place the resource boundaries overlay on the planet.  This helps me a lot with landing on eve, though remember that the boundaries don't always follow dry land on the coast. 

Hello @Waz  Creator of the Environmental Visual Enhancements and @Galileo Creator of Stock Visual Enhancements. I hope you are having a great day and not meaning to ruin it with a bug report but I have a weird glitch in this mod mainly for Visual Enhancements configs. I think the video speaks for itself here.

KSP menu screen

A7gjvhf.png

Eve "Planet"

hxikkux.png

Duna 

3BscOaX.png

Jool

1Lp11SU.png

Laythe

UyaqIYV.png

Log file 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pOgeMUHOsFmCibbe-an_5lxw1dXXqbB5

My Gamedata folder

HU7HId0.png

I am using Stock Visual Enhancements Low Resolution Textures on version Kerbal Space Program version 1.6.1 with Making history DLC as well Kerbal Engineer Redux.

This glitch did happen during Kerbal Space Program version 1.5.1 and 1.5.0 as well 1.6.0, versions 1.4x are perfectly fine without the quit screen glitching.

Edited by EdwardB3020

3 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

This glitch did happen during Kerbal Space Program version 1.5.1 and 1.5.0 as well 1.6.0, versions 1.4x are perfectly fine without the quit screen glitching.

Hello man, what a lovelly day to help someone, you said it all, this is a harmless glitch that only happens on main menu and probably will not be solved before KSP 1.7.

Something that worked for me was forcing DirectX 11, use "KSP64.exe -force-d3d11" to start the game. This may solve the main menu glitch but will bring another problem, the lack os icons on the VAB, that last can be solved installing the Textures Unlimited mod.

Do it by steps and see how it works.

PS: I didn't understood what was the problem with the planets.

15 hours ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

Hello man, what a lovelly day to help someone, you said it all, this is a harmless glitch that only happens on main menu and probably will not be solved before KSP 1.7.

Something that worked for me was forcing DirectX 11, use "KSP64.exe -force-d3d11" to start the game. This may solve the main menu glitch but will bring another problem, the lack os icons on the VAB, that last can be solved installing the Textures Unlimited mod.

Do it by steps and see how it works.

PS: I didn't understood what was the problem with the planets.

The reason why I showed the planets "with atmospheres" is just because to show to see if there is any problem with them so they can observe. As well the planet Eve has a glitch with a weird circle at Eve's cloud maps.  Also I can not run Textures Unlimited and I personally don't like outdated mods. Thank you for replying to my post and have a nice day.

Edit: Lol :) @SQUAD ended support or downloads for Kerbal Space Program 32 bit 

@UomoCapra's quote

"As our goal is to constantly improve upon and add more content to the game, we have decided to stop support of 32-bit KSP due to the memory limitations involving this version. If you are running 64-bit Windows and 32-bit KSP, you can move to 64-bit KSP without issue. For players running mods that only support the 32-bit version, note that they will no longer be compatible with KSP 1.5 and beyond. Thanks!" 

Edited by EdwardB3020

• 2 weeks later...

Help me!
It doesn't load up clouds.

Idk if it actually doesn't load detailed water, all I know is that clouds don't load up.

Also, I sadly can't send my gamedata folder screenshot. Sorry.

Also, sorry for the pointless spoiler without any text in it.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, That John said:

Help me!
It doesn't load up clouds.

Idk if it actually doesn't load detailed water, all I know is that clouds don't load up.

Also, I sadly can't send my gamedata folder screenshot. Sorry.

Also, sorry for the pointless spoiler without any text in it.

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, that's really not enough information for people to go on.  Read this post and try to provide the information.  Where did you not see the clouds; in the flight scene?  Which versions of EVE and KSP are you using?  How did you install the mods?

12 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, that's really not enough information for people to go on.  Read this post and try to provide the information.  Where did you not see the clouds; in the flight scene?  Which versions of EVE and KSP are you using?  How did you install the mods?

Well, I see no clouds at ANY moment in the game. I also installed all the mods as they are intendeed to be installed (I think).
EDIT: Also, I have the latest version of KSP and EVE, I guess.

Edited by That John

3 hours ago, That John said:

Well, I see no clouds at ANY moment in the game.

Yes. That means that almost certainly you don't have it correctly installed. Because if you did, then you would see clouds, like all the other thousands of users who use this mod and have clouds.

3 hours ago, That John said:

I also installed all the mods as they are intendeed to be installed (I think).

You almost certainly don't. Because if you did, it would be working.

This is a fairly complex mod, and there are a lot of things that might be wrong. This is a friendly place with lots of people who would be happy to help you. But nobody can help you if you don't provide any useful information (as you have not, yet).

If an analogy might help: Simply posting "it doesn't work" is kind of like walking into an auto mechanic's shop, WITHOUT your car, and saying "my car won't go, what's wrong?" The mechanics are not going to be able to help you unless they can look at your car. ;)

So, if you want help, you need to provide certain specific information, as detailed in the link that Brigadier helpfully provided above.

19 hours ago, That John said:

Well, I see no clouds at ANY moment in the game. I also installed all the mods as they are intendeed to be installed (I think).
EDIT: Also, I have the latest version of KSP and EVE, I guess.

Good to know, but as Snark said (and I'm paraphrasing :P)...not quite enough for us to help.  I will agree with him that this is most likely either an installation or a version mismatch error.

You say "...I think..." and "...I guess..." you installed correctly and have the latest versions.  Ok, but we'll need to be sure if our advice is going to be meaningful and less frustrating for you.

Which versions are they exactly (KSP's version can be found in the lower right corner of the startup screen, and EVE's can be found in the .version file contained in the GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folder)?  If you used CKAN to install, they'll be listed there very conveniently.

As for installing correctly, a screenshot of your GameData folder would really help confirm.

Refer to the topic I included in my last post for instructions on how to post pics and logs to the fourm topic.  If they aren't clear for you, please ask and someone will help.

• 3 weeks later...