[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

10 hours ago, V8jester said:

EVE is really the back bone other texture mods use. You can try Astronomer's Visual Pack or Spectra Visual Compilation for thicker clouds

My PC cant really handle that kind of mods, thus I only use EVE with the base config. SVE was manageable but it glitches the hell out of my skybox and it was gettig on my nerves. I like how base configs make the other planets beautiful but I want the Laythe-like clouds on Kerbin since it has a bit more. Are there really no any work arounds? 

Edit: when I say it glitches the skybox, it is because the SVE mod makes the whole skybox white (can only be fixed with restarting the game,no F5s and F9s) and messes with the scatterer atmosphere.

Edited by acr_8133

anyone know how to remove cities? they look terrible(they literally look like piles of garbage strewn across the land) I like the clouds but I absolutely do not like the cities perhaps there could be an alternative like removing cities but keeping the lights but in a rich blue color like high density areas of bioluminescent plant life

5 hours ago, acr_8133 said:

My PC cant really handle that kind of mods, thus I only use EVE with the base config. SVE was manageable but it glitches the hell out of my skybox and it was gettig on my nerves. I like how base configs make the other planets beautiful but I want the Laythe-like clouds on Kerbin since it has a bit more.

Try @panzer1b sci fi visual enhancements. They look great and run quite well on my potato of a computer

Edited by Bill the Kerbal

14 hours ago, acr_8133 said:

My PC cant really handle that kind of mods, thus I only use EVE with the base config. SVE was manageable but it glitches the hell out of my skybox and it was gettig on my nerves. I like how base configs make the other planets beautiful but I want the Laythe-like clouds on Kerbin since it has a bit more. Are there really no any work arounds? 

Edit: when I say it glitches the skybox, it is because the SVE mod makes the whole skybox white (can only be fixed with restarting the game,no F5s and F9s) and messes with the scatterer atmosphere.

There is nothing particularly "light" about the base config. SVE is a little heavier, but other configs are lighter. See first post in this thread for some links to configs (and others, feel free to advise me on them, I've mostly only used SVE).

10 hours ago, mindseyemodels said:

anyone know how to remove cities? they look terrible(they literally look like piles of garbage strewn across the land) I like the clouds but I absolutely do not like the cities perhaps there could be an alternative like removing cities but keeping the lights but in a rich blue color like high density areas of bioluminescent plant life

Just use this MM patch and never worry about it again:

@EVE_CITY_LIGHTS:FINAL
{
  !OBJECT,* {}
}

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Just use this MM patch and never worry about it again:

@EVE_CITY_LIGHTS:FINAL
{
  !OBJECT,* {}
}

so what will that do? I am looking to remove the cities but keep the lights but in a rich blue color like bioluminescent plant life or something

25 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

so what will that do? I am looking to remove the cities but keep the lights but in a rich blue color like bioluminescent plant life or something

You would need to replace the lights textures to meet your needs. You can’t change the texture or color of the texture by editing a cfg in this case.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, razark said:

What happens when you install it and try?

I have only the icon in the tracking center, clouds and rings Jool - absent.

I also use Scatterer and SVE mods.

https://imgur.com/a/Bbb9408

Oh ... my mistake! (: I apologize. I really forgot the configs from SVE mod. Everything works fine!

Edited by Grem

How hard would some sort of 3D gradient shader thing be to implement? Excuse the bad drawing, but the image below shows what I mean. Some potential uses for this could include volumetric aurora, or even something like sky glow or light pollution from the nearby city lights.

5zJMwjV.png

would anyone happen to know what these Scatterer artifacts are from? I know it has something to do with an EVE cloud layer because if I remove it then tell Scatterer to re-map the clouds it's gone but I haven't been able to figure out what about the layer is causing it. This is on KSP v1.6.1 with the latest Scatterer release

p6d5ppa.png

On 4/21/2019 at 3:53 AM, Drew Kerman said:

would anyone happen to know what these Scatterer artifacts are from? I know it has something to do with an EVE cloud layer because if I remove it then tell Scatterer to re-map the clouds it's gone but I haven't been able to figure out what about the layer is causing it. This is on KSP v1.6.1 with the latest Scatterer release

p6d5ppa.png

Scatterer probably because of the lines on jool

9 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Scatterer probably because of the lines on jool

Scatterer definitely because I actually said so in my post. I can muck around with EVE cloud layers to make it better but I still don't understand the underlying cause or whether this is more of a Scatterer issue than an EVE issue (messing with EVE settings fixes it better than messing with Scatterer settings tho)

On 1/29/2019 at 6:05 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Just started a new career game in 1.6.1 today and I have EVE + SVE + SVT + scatterer + PlanetShine + Distance Object Enhancements installed. So far, I haven't noticed any big issues (just some flickering in the main menu like in 1.5). Haven't checked any other planets though, just Kerbin,  but I don't expect any problems.

13 minutes ago, jonescat010 said:

@Waz When are you going to update it to 1.6.1?

It usually helps to read the last few pages of a thread first, to see if people have gotten an 'outdated' mod to work with the current version.  Quite often, a mod will work with a later release than is indicated by the OP in the mod thread.  If it doesn't work for you, then you should ask how did others get it to work for them, and they will gladly help you out. 

The OP of the thread is not always updated by the mod maker with each new KSP release, particularly if they don't have to change anything for it to work with the new version.  They produce these mods in their own time, and the community does their best to support them. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, can anyone point me in the right direction troubleshooting a dull looking Jool?

Image example:

https://imgur.com/a/iwlqud5

So basically, I've got the same setup as Matt Lowne, and I was hoping to see a similar result like the one in his YouTube video.

Using:
EVE, Scatterer, SVE, SVT

(Modlist in same image album, KSP 1.7.0)

My Jool is dull! Clouds barely visible. Matt's one look super beautiful! Green, lucious, inviting! You'd want to go there, even!

Is this a scatterer issue? Something else? I'll gladly try anything to test it out!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.